What are the different types of firewood and what their approximate price relative to the energy they can provide?
Currently there are 4 types of firewood:
- The wood chips to wood heating = More or less large wood chips. Their name comes from the fact that they are generally made directly in the forest when cutting through crushers on site.
- The pellets or wood pellets made from sawdust (sawmill). Their size is 6 or 8 mm diameter and length of a few cm or less (see standards). Contrary to what one might think their cohesion is achieved only by fritage (compression) no glue type binder. Learn more about the properties and standards for wood pellets.
- The sticks or wood briquettes: The technique is the same as for pellets except that their size is much larger and each briquette may contain the energy equivalent a log.
Bigbag of compressed wood briquettes
Links and references to learn more
- Why choose wood heating?
- A few calorific energy and powers of different woods.
- Download documents on firewood and wood heating
- The chemical properties of firewood
- Comparison of energy prices
- Read a complete dossier on the Heating with pellets by realization and presentation of the pellet boiler
- The properties and standards for wood pellets.
- Evolution of the price of pellets and comparison relative to oil, gas and electricity
- Forum on wood heating
- wood heating pollution
Other links for more information on wood heating
1) The choice of material:
- How to correctly choose a heater with wood? (Stove, boiler or boiler)
- Listing stoves and boilers labeled "Green Flame"
- Help and advice on choosing a wood stove
- Choose the power of his wood stove
- The normalized power heaters Wood
- Choosing a wood boiler
2 Heating with wood every day: maintenance and improvements:
- The different types and prices of firewood fuel
- Heating and wood fireplace: How to avoid chimney fires. Maintenance and dimensions
- Regulation about the chimneys, the standards and the law
- Making a hot water collector on a wood stove
- The manufacture of pellets: a plant scheme
3) The pollution of wood heating:
4) Experience feedback of wood heating:
- Full report on the presentation of a pellet boiler installation at a particular
- Presentation and photos of another pellet boiler plant in Alsace in particular
- Presentation of a wood and solar house
- Auto installation of our wood boiler Deom Turbo explanations and mounting scheme
- effective yield estimate of our stove Boiler Turbo Deom
- Wood heating and insulation forum