Exceptional page following the disaster Asian!
Reminder of the new written 28 / 12 / 04 (the body count was at 50 000)
"As you all know, a few days ago in South-East Asia, a violent earthquake triggered a tsunami of a rare extent affecting the very many coastal countries of the Gulf of Bengal and the Indian Ocean.
Three days after the disaster, the facts are alarming: more 25 000 "official" victims and more 30 000 missing. A few hundred tourists, including Europeans, are counting in the victims. And this fatal counting is not finished! One can fear a final outcome of more than 100 000 victims!
How much would be reduced if the number of monitoring means, foresight and effective communication were in place? In a few years these devices will probably set up but it proves, once again, the relative human incompetence to preventive actions ... but such disasters also show solidarity which man is capable. Why do it is in times of crisis and emergency? The triumphant capitalism individual must be well something to do! It is up to each of us to reverse this trend!
Several French humanitarian organizations multiply calls for donations after the tidal wave disaster in Asia:
- The French Secours Populaire said it had released emergency aid of 100.000 euros. Financial donations, says the humanitarian organization, can be addressed the French Secours Populaire BP 3303, 75123 3 Paris cedex or site www.secourspopulaire.asso.fr.
- Organization Action against Hunger (ACF), present since 1996 in Sri Lanka, had to charter a cargo plane to bring tents, communication equipment, generators, water purification equipment. The organization said "worry about a foreseeable deterioration in the nutritional situation". Checks can be sent to the order Action against hunger, 4 Niepce street 75014 in Paris; CCP 28 20 W Paris; Secure online donations www.actioncontrelafaim.org.
- The office of Unicef in Paris announced that emergency equipment was ready to be sent by air from its storage center of Copenhagen. Donations Unicef "emergency earthquake South Asia", BP 600, 75006 Paris.
- The French Red Cross; (CRF) said it "relays" to the French the call of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent which launched on Sunday a call to collect 5 millions of euros to come in helps some 500.000 people. Gifts to French Red Cross "Earthquake Asia" BP 100, 75008 Paris or www.croix-rouge.fr
- The Catholic Committee against Hunger and for Development (CCFD), which has supported "for many years dozens of local associations, many of whom have been severely affected by this disaster", asks to help these associations "so that they can restart their work programs as soon as possible." Donations CCFD, 4 rue Jean Lantier 75001 Paris; checks payable to CCFD "Emergency Asia"; transfers CCP 46 00 F - Paris.
- French Islamic Relief has unblocked 200.000 euros for the "first emergency aid" and calls for a million euros. Donations to the CCN 29 19 D Paris postal account or on the internet www.secours-islamique.org/dons.
Thanks for them !