Exceptional page following the disaster Asian!
Reminder of the new written 28 / 12 / 04 (the body count was at 50 000)
"As you all know, there are some days in Southeast Asia, a massive earthquake triggered a tsunami of uncommon scope affecting many coastal countries of the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean.
Three days after the disaster, the facts are alarming: more than 25 000 victims "official" and disappeared over 30 000. A few hundred tourists, including Europeans, are effective in victims. And the fatal count is not over! It is feared the final toll of more than 100 000 victims!
How much would be reduced if the number of monitoring means, foresight and effective communication were in place? In a few years these devices will probably set up but it proves, once again, the relative human incompetence to preventive actions ... but such disasters also show solidarity which man is capable. Why do it is in times of crisis and emergency? The triumphant capitalism individual must be well something to do! It is up to each of us to reverse this trend!
Several French humanitarian organizations multiply calls for donations after the tidal wave disaster in Asia:
- The French Secours Populaire said it had released emergency aid of 100.000 euros. Financial donations, says the humanitarian organization, can be addressed the French Secours Populaire BP 3303, 75123 3 Paris cedex or site www.secourspopulaire.asso.fr.
- Organization Action against Hunger (ACF), has since 1996 in Sri Lanka, was chartering a cargo plane to bring them tents, communications equipment, generators, water sanitation equipment. The organization says "worry a predictable deterioration of the nutritional situation." Cheques can be sent to the order Action against hunger, 4 Niepce street 75014 in Paris; CCP 28 20 W Paris; Secure online donations www.actioncontrelafaim.org.
- The office of Unicef in Paris announced that emergency equipment was ready to be sent by air from its storage center of Copenhagen. Donations UNICEF "South Asia earthquake emergency," BP 600, 75006 Paris.
- The French Red Cross; (CRF) said for his part that "relays" the call to the French international of the Cross Red Cross Federation and the Red Crescent on Sunday launched an appeal for euros 5 million to come in 500.000 help some people. donations Cross - French Red "Asia Earthquake" BP 100, 75008 Paris or www.croix-rouge.fr
- The Catholic Committee against Hunger and for Development (CCFD), which supports "for years dozens of local associations, many of which were badly affected by this disaster," request to help these associations "so they can restart as soon as their work programs." Donations CCFD, 4 75001 rue Jean Lantier Paris; checks payable to CCFD "urgency Asia"; CCP transfers 46 00 F - Paris.
- The French Islamic Relief has allocated 200.000 euros for the "first emergency aid" and appeals to bring one million euros. Donations to postal account CCP 29 19 D Paris or on the Internet www.secours-islamique.org/dons.
Thanks for them !