A study carried out by the mobile communication Research Foundation mandate of the Federal Office of Energy (FOE) and the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG) shows that the electromagnetic radiation of economic lamps is in the same order of magnitude as the radiation of traditional incandescent lamps.
The results provide no way to think that the use of economic bulbs could put health at risk. However, these lamps contribute significantly to energy savings. Employees of consistent way in place of incandescent lamps and halogen, they allow to save about 1800 GWh, 3% of the Swiss electricity consumption.
- Federal Office of Energy (FOE) - http://www.suisse-energie.ch
- Gregor Durrenberger - Mobile Communication Research Foundation - as
: + 41 1 632 28 15
- Georg Klaus - MaxWave AG - tel: + 41 43 299 70 07
- Felix Frey - Federal Office of Energy - tel: + 41 31 322 56 44
- Beatrix Kuttel - Federal Office of Public Health - tel: + 41 31 322 95
Sources: Press release of the Federal Office of Energy (FOE)
2 / 12 / 2004 "Economical lamps: minimum electromagnetic field",