History water injection tests in engines (diesel) by the pioneers of motorisation
Keywords: engine, water injection performance, Rudolf Diesel, Pierre Clerget, Paul Sabatier, Ivan Makhonine
.pdf document found on the excellent website HydroRetro and having the water injection works on high compression engines by the inventors of the first diesel engines, inventors we can only admire.
This is undoubtedly the rise in fuel prices, constant throughout the twentieth century, which has created the rumor of the famous "water engine", an invention supposedly deliberately kept secret by manufacturers of petrochemicals to do not kill the gasoline engine and its lucrative fuel, gasoline or premium gasoline. This sea serpent flows from the 1920 years regularly maintained by the press and now TV (and the Internet) whose emissions are of a scientific and technical level increasingly appalling ...
Following in .pdf
Some notes and analysis
Here are the remarks Christophe Martz could make about this document and following his own experiences:
- 3 page) on the top right, it is called to 30 35% savings with injection water.
Results found by the fixtures water doping.
- 3 page) bottom right: the document speaks of OPEC
But OPEC did not exist at the beginning of the XXI Century. It was created in 1960 and 1973 became important after ... So this is a historic mistake.
- 5 page) bottom left, yield 20% of 1er petrol engine.
It was much less 20% because that's what we had in 80-90 years and now ... I would say between 10 and 15% at the time.
But in general I think the CS are VERY low in these tables (they are the same as diesel engines before high pressure injections).
Especially since the time the fuel was not of the same quality as current.
- 6 page) top left: gasifier which decomposes water ...
By reaction with the hot carbon
- 8 page) left middle: tax on alcohol that is drunk ethanol =
The author then speaks of benzol ... nonsense.
- 9 page) bottom left: 250 g / bhp-h blank slate ...
What is the calorific value of the blank slate? In order to compare with the current specific consumption
- page 11) legend image on the left. I quote: "with GO, 14 cv power and 0.23 output. with GO-water, 23 power cv and 0.60 yield of a CS of 225 of GO and 22 grams (of what? water by cv.h "
Inconsistent figures because 225 grams do not give a yield of 60% or so of the PCI GO at the time was much lower (divided by approximately 2 unlikely).
The yield cs conversion is simple enough knowing that a liter of GO = 9.8 kwh / l, which 225 g / bhp-h give a yield of 0.28. It is far from 60% ...
- 12 page) top left water = improving flexibility so relaxing, less jarring
Facts found on all current doping edit without exception.
- 12 page) top doite, metal water decomposition red hot
See metal fire and Lavoisier experience.
- 12 page) bottom right, 3x diesel power by oxygen from water to equal conso!
Figure very credible ... because too important (it would reach a close to 100% yield)
- page 14) at the top left, Hydrocarbon Hydrogenation due to the presence of water cracked by copper and nickel pipe at 250-300 ° C "
very interesting point because copper (pipes) and nickel (stainless steel) are present in the assemblies in doping.
A site of excellence: HydroRetro
To download more documentation on the history of internal combustion engines, especially aircraft engines, click here