Return Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Company and PhilosophyThe marketing aberrations of the consumer society

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

The marketing aberrations of the consumer society

Unread Messageby Christophe » 13 / 12 / 17, 21: 12

Okay, I'm opening this topic to denounce the aberrations and other nonsense of our marketing ... to make "money" at any price ...

First candidate, 2 potatoes in field dress (uh it's Belgian ... I was taught in Robe ... or I never understood ?????) under plastic from Delhaize (Belgium ):

Delhaize_patate.jpg
Delhaize_patate.jpg (56.74 KIO) Viewed 249 times

I can not even imagine the machine that will choose the 2 potatoes that make 450g stack ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!

Christophe

Re: The Marketing Aberrations of the CONSOMMATION Company

Unread Messageby Christophe » 14 / 12 / 17, 00: 15

For your WC I propose:

The automatic flap : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: enjoy it, great promo !!

WC_automatique.jpg
WC_automatique.jpg (110.28 KIO) Viewed 224 times

Do not forget the battery backup (useful in case of urgent desire!) : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

WC_automatique_batterie.jpg
WC_automatique_batterie.jpg (54.02 KIO) Accessed 224 times

And to cheer all this up, the night light ...

WC_LED.jpg
WC_LED.jpg (248.15 KIO) Viewed 224 times

I do not know if I have to laugh or cry about it ...
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
Grelinette
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Grelinette » 14 / 12 / 17, 10: 48

To support Christophe's comment, I can testify that on various projects that I worked on with engineering teams, or simply students from engineering schools, I was often surprised to hear that was better off on R & D to rely more on Marketing!

As much, if these students had been students of business schools, I would have understood, but coming from technical engineering students, it is in my opinion a deviation from their training, even if we must not forget the commercial aspect of a product. Before, there was a balance between Technique and Commercial, as 2 counter-powers that lead to balance. Now, it's money that gives directions and decisions.

Translation : It is better to make a product phony, fragile and cheap and sell more, rather than a good product that will be harder to sell and will last a long time! (To a certain extent "planned obsolescence" is taught to future young engineers).

Some technical training students told me clearly that their teaching was based a few times more on the commercial side than on the technical side of their work.
For example, for some important mechanical parts, it is recommended to make it more complex, or even to create an indispensable tool for its assembly / disassembly to artificially increase sales by derivative products, and generate in addition to mandatory training for mechanics.

It is, moreover, a recurring criticism that is heard about some advanced technical schools, namely that their teaching moves away from the technical foundations to succumb to the siren song of commerce and marketing.
Recently, I heard a Polytechnic engineer (an "X") blame some of the choices of his school that was now providing training on finance that encouraged freshly graduated engineers to join the world of banking and speculation to create financial products complex and very juicy.
1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The pursuit of progress does not exclude love of tradition"
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby Lolounette » 14 / 12 / 17, 11: 24

agribusiness is I think the champion all categories in terms of commercial debility!

for example you are sold at a price of gold semolina trays to warm up 2 minutes in the microwave while the pre-cooked dry semolina takes ... 2 minutes in the microwave to prepare : roll:

and if there was only that, I spend on rice in sachet and other debility of the kind it is appalling!
In addition the majority of these foods are in permanent contact with plasticizers whose perso I am very wary, it would not surprise me that their generalization in contact with food poses great public health concerns in the coming years.

In short I flee more and more prepared rays of the large retail, so much stupidity tires me deeply! :(
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 14 / 12 / 17, 11: 35

Grelinette wrote:I was often surprised to hear that it was better to put the foot on R & D to rely more on Marketing!

Very good comment my dear greli! To have followed a training of engineer "energy mechanic" between 1998 and 2001 ... marketing had done very little (I vaguely remember courses in accounting and industrial psychology ... it was what brought the more marketing).

In fact, we have been trained as an executor rather than a manager or an entrepreneur (which I tend to be personally), so I have to develop specifications and implement them, do various sizing and verifications but not at all to develop the marketing strategy ...

So the training had to evolve ...This does not surprise me unfortunatelyI am still part of the "old guard" and have not been entitled to this kind of speech ...

In Western Europe, we produce less and less industrially ... except in the food industry and high technology. I recently learned by chance that the Deville stoves had disappeared, but they were quite famous! Another "French industrial history" that collapses ... It saddens me, France is suiciding all its industrial heritage ... so it is "logical" (but sad anyway) that the formations adapt ...

So really your remark does not surprise me at all.

Small parenthesis marketing: I'm watching the good series Madmen that I advise everyone, she follows an advertising agency during the years 60-75 ... it is especially for the evolution of the society of these years that 'is interesting.

For example: they had to adapt to the arrival of the TV, obviously some old decision-makers of the agency did not believe it at all in the beginning, one also lives there the assassinations of Kennedy and Luther King, the beginning of the end of racial discrimination, we also see that the money flowed at the time (a designer-designer could buy an apartment in New York for 18 months salary ... in short 3- 4 years being careful) ... in short historically it is well done! Oh yes and what it boiled in the offices (on this point it reminds a little too good 99frs with Dujardin)! : Mrgreen:

3 TOP10 of the series:

0 x

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 14 / 12 / 17, 11: 38

Lolounette wrote:for example you are sold at a price of gold semolina trays to warm up 2 minutes in the microwave while the pre-cooked dry semolina takes ... 2 minutes in the microwave to prepare : roll:

Oh I do not know this one, if you see it again, take a picture and send it here (note valid for all ...) :)

Lolounette wrote:In addition the majority of these foods are in permanent contact with plasticizers whose perso I am very wary, it would not surprise me that their generalization in contact with food poses great public health concerns in the coming years.

Just and we find almost that, and it annoys me, when I buy (without doing it on purpose) well I turn the bag before cooking for sanitary reasons, not want to eat phthalates or bisphenol with my rice : Mrgreen:

Lolounette wrote:In short I flee more and more prepared rays of the large retail, so much stupidity tires me deeply! :(

Rice in sachets is a staple .... fortunately there are still alternatives.
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 14 / 12 / 17, 11: 42

With its clementines under cellophane, Carrefour (Brazil) had made strong, I found it here: https://www.spi0n.com/actu-animee-tranc ... barquette/

slices-clementine-tangerine-epluche-tray-carrefour.jpg
slices-clementine-mandarin-epluche-barquette-carrefour.jpg (219.94 KIO) Viewed 205 times

(a little raw but good ...)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 14 / 12 / 17, 12: 12

In response to the relevant remarks of GrelinetteIt is quite normal, evolutionarily speaking, that marketing takes precedence over technique, since the latter is only the means, while the finality is the abstract value that can only be realized through the exchange . No matter what you sell, as long as the transaction can take place ...

You write:
For example, for some important mechanical parts, it is recommended to make it more complex, even to create an indispensable tool for its assembly / disassembly.

This is called "lock", which effectively ensures exclusivity. I remember my first little grinder, a "Black and Decker" that I had acquired hastily (it only remained this mark) and I quickly regretted it: the bore * of the disks was non standard and it was necessary therefore necessarily use discs stamped with the mark; I quickly got rid of the machine for a standard model, since all the other brands are aligned on a common bore ...
Fortunately, for a lot of tools, a certain standardization exists, because it is also a criterion of choice for vigilant buyers.

* Bore = diameter of the plate receiving the disc and centering it on the drive shaft.
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
Christophe

Re: The marketing aberrations of the CONSOMMATION society

Unread Messageby Christophe » 26 / 12 / 17, 12: 51

Not really aberrations but marketing bides (which can also be seen as aberrations but not in the sense of the creation of this subject ...) which are gathered in the "Museum of the Failure", they are nevertheless often large companies behind: http://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/entreprise ... 47682.html

Blak Cola I knew him: I liked ... too strong monopoly trump, not far from the humor of strangers!

Harley Toilet Water I also believe I have used, :)

The scanner mouse is the ancestor of QR codes, just as the Newton of Apple is smartphones ...

One of the first marketing rules is not being right too soon :)

10 other marketing bides:

0 x