Return Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Company and PhilosophyThe propagation of social modes by first names!

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

The propagation of social modes by first names!

Unread Messageby Christophe » 28 / 12 / 17, 01: 28

Interesting interactive maps of 1946 to 2015 on the most fashionable first names, feminine and masculine for each year in France: http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/art ... 55770.html

I find it very interesting sociologically on the propagation of the modes!, pity that it is not more detailed but some years is the steamroller (see 2 examples below) ...

Source: https://www.insee.fr/fr/statistiques/2540004

Mode "Belle et Sébastien"?

prenom_1977.png
firstname_1977.png (98.37 Kio) Accessed 148 times

Fashion "Stephanie of Monaco"?

prenom_femmes_1974.png
1974.png (103.22 Kio) Accessed 148 times
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!

Grelinette
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The propagation of social modes by first names!

Unread Messageby Grelinette » 28 / 12 / 17, 14: 07

It is to wonder if it is the fruit of the greatest chance or if there is a triggering factor which makes that a first name is more chosen than the others at a given moment? In some cases, it is very likely: it suffices that a football player shines (eg Zidane) to boost a name at a given time, but for others ...

It would be necessary for algorithms (bot) to automatically analyze as much as possible of social, societal, environmental parameters, etc., to determine if there is a correlation between certain phenomena, which are in principle unrelated.
(I would not be surprised to learn that big boxes like google have fun doing this type of analysis ...).

For example, I am sure that the tides of equinoxes have an influence on the rotation of the cows 'tail, and not a consequence, it seems to me not impossible that the stock market fluctuations are also influenced by the rotation of the cows' tail. ... unless it's the other way around ... but I have not managed to prove it yet! : Cheesy:

Edit: the principle of the correlation between 2 phenomena a priori not related reminds me this anecdote: a computer did not understand why every time it was the full moon, all their system was disjunct! ... Have an idea?
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The pursuit of progress does not exclude love of tradition"
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 28 / 12 / 17, 14: 21

Grelinette wrote:It is to wonder if it is the fruit of the greatest chance or if there is a triggering factor which makes that a first name is more chosen than the others at a given moment?

It's called ... fashion no? The modes rather ... when the whole France changes color is not a coincidence ... the article cited claims that culture has less influence than we think ... So what is it? The connection of souls?

Attention the first name remains as low: 15% of births maxi, so it's not as much a "tidal wave" that we see on the cards ... But what is interesting is the spread I find :) I like the Corsican and Alsatian resistance of some years ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Grelinette wrote:Edit: the principle of the correlation between 2 phenomena a priori not related reminds me this anecdote: a computer did not understand why every time it was the full moon, all their system was disjunct! ... Have an idea?

Ah I read a few weeks ago an article above (about "statistical coincidences" that have nothing to do with them), I will try to find it ...
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 28 / 12 / 17, 14: 24

Not found the exact article but I found better: https://www.courrierinternational.com/g ... e-labsurde

1275-zeit-web.jpg
1275-zeit-web.jpg (428.5 KIO) Accessed 98 times

This is called correlations of the absurd : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Note:

On the other hand, a low correlation coefficient does not exclude that two variables influence one another.

Absolutely, it only takes a time lag ... and the coef. correlation can collapse while the influence is blatant ... ah the joys of statistical analysis : Cheesy:

Example: in vivo fertilization (if we can have statistics) VS births, there will always 9 months of lag so a bad coef. correlation (according to the time scale of analysis of course) and yet ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"