Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ...Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

Unread Messageby phil53 » 22/06/18, 07:40

I am surprised that in a forum with a green tendency, we defend the speed.
Speed ​​is an energy expenditure that inevitably destroys or at least transforms our environment.
Are we happier when we go faster and do more things?
Speed ​​would create wealth, but what wealth does it make?
1 x

Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Leo Maximus » 22/06/18, 09:16

phil53 wrote:Are we happier when we go faster and do more things?

Answer: YES.

Speed ​​creates interior happiness and wealth at 95% (?) Motorists.

Why ? Because speed is a goal in itself.

The pleasure of speed is also observed in animals, horses, cats, dogs ... (less visible in snails) : Lol: though ...)

To make speed is to recover one's natural savagery ...

We can replace "speed" with "violence", these are the same motivations. That's why I talked about "thick brutes".

Well, I hope to be part of 5% of people not concerned ... : Lol:
1 x
"The theory is when you know everything but nothing works, practice is when everything works but nobody knows why." Albert Einstein.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 22/06/18, 12:04

Phil53, you write:
Speed ​​would create wealth, but what wealth, to do what?

Speed ​​is the main factor in the creation of abstract value: it corresponds either to the maximum dissipation of energy in a minimum time, or to the speed of reproduction of capital through the sale of goods (the more capital rotations increase in at a given time, this capital increases). This factor is therefore omnipresent and therefore in transport (acceleration of deliveries, zero inventories ...), even when the speed does not correspond directly to these purposes.
Time represents the limit of valorization of value, which is why it has always represented, since the beginnings of capitalism, a major issue that has affected the duration of work, night work (thank you light bulb! ), the quest for productivity and the obsession with the pendulum.
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
nico239
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby nico239 » 22/06/18, 12:39

phil53 wrote:I am surprised that in a forum with a green tendency, we defend the speed.
Speed ​​is an energy expenditure that inevitably destroys or at least transforms our environment.
Are we happier when we go faster and do more things?

Very interesting your reflection ....

Although the bottom subject is not speed but mortality or accident factor due to speed

But whatever

Yes slow life is interesting in many ways ....

But the best is to ask you how much you ride on departmental roads: (soon) 80 or less?

From your answer comes all the rest.

One thing is certain: the faster you spend less time in your car, more risk of accidents you take, more time in your garden you pass ....

Everyone places his personal cursor where he wants but what is ON is that everyone has a slider .... and this cursor necessarily leads to making choices.

Extreme example the Amish who count their movements in hours instead of minutes: but it is a choice of life.

Another possibility is to minimize your travels as much as possible: never move from home or move as little as possible is another choice of life

If not for the majority of people, the difference between a fast rover (100-110km / h) and a slow rider (70 / 80) on national is how much?

If I am not mistaken 50km at 80km / h you put 37mn
The same at 110km / h you put 27mn
0 x
"A tool that does not consume energy and respects soils is what? Ben is a tool that does nothing "(quote conference François Mulet)
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 22/06/18, 14:01

Leo Maximus wrote:We can replace "speed" with "violence", these are the same motivations. That's why I talked about "thick brutes".

And also, I think, by "height" or "altitude" for all pilots of paragliding or free flight * : Cheesy:

Leo Maximus wrote:Well, I hope to be part of 5% of people not concerned ... : Lol:

* not me! So I am a thick brute driver! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 22/06/18, 14:30

Phil53, you write:

This completes the previous analysis: Temes (or technological memes) modify our environment and this modification produces a new adaptation which, in turn, favors new modifications. Therefore, we understand that in this race between modification and adaptation, speed plays an essential adaptive role. However, it is clear that speed, in fine, plays against humans and not only on the road! Speed ​​is indeed an attribute of the machine and if humans are so sensitive, it is only because of the psychic alienation by the temes.
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Leo Maximus » 22/06/18, 17:01

Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:We can replace "speed" with "violence", these are the same motivations. That's why I talked about "thick brutes".

And also, I think, by "height" or "altitude" for all pilots of paragliding or free flight * : Cheesy:

Leo Maximus wrote:Well, I hope to be part of 5% of people not concerned ... : Lol:

* not me! So I am a thick brute driver! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

:?:

"Road violence" kills every day, often pedestrians and cyclists.

Paragliding and free flight also kill, but these deaths are the pilots.
0 x
"The theory is when you know everything but nothing works, practice is when everything works but nobody knows why." Albert Einstein.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Leo Maximus » 22/06/18, 17:32

nico239 wrote:If I am not mistaken 50km at 80km / h you put 37mn

Unrealistic...

Where is the secondary road where we can make 50 km at 80 km / h average? Or ?

I take the example of a journey of 55 km carried out almost daily on these famous secondary roads soon limited to 80 km / h. I usually need between 55 minutes and 1 05 time. So the average is about 55 km / h while I am still very close to the authorized speed limits.

What reduces the average speed are the roundabouts, the lights, the crossings of villages with 50 or 30 km / h, the circulation.

I already tested with the limiter to 80 and I did not notice a time difference with the limiter 90.
0 x
nico239
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby nico239 » 22/06/18, 20:00

Leo Maximus wrote:
nico239 wrote:If I am not mistaken 50km at 80km / h you put 37mn

Unrealistic...

Where is the secondary road where we can make 50 km at 80 km / h average? Or ?

I take the example of a journey of 55 km carried out almost daily on these famous secondary roads soon limited to 80 km / h. I usually need between 55 minutes and 1 05 time. So the average is about 55 km / h while I am still very close to the authorized speed limits.

What reduces the average speed are the roundabouts, the lights, the crossings of villages with 50 or 30 km / h, the circulation.

I already tested with the limiter to 80 and I did not notice a time difference with the limiter 90.

Image you think that I gave these figures only mathematically indicative, I hope you did not take them for cash in real situations.

It is obvious that a very large number of factors affect the average ...

But the discussion is not the average but the maximum speed .....

You did not notice any difference between limiter 90 and 80?

So you can ride without worry with the limiter to 70

You should not notice any difference between 80 and 70

And no more difference between 70 and 60 ...

And no more difference between 60 and 50 ...

And so on.... Image

Do not take it for cash huh ... but everyone has his cursor ... cars that roll at 60 on the national there is; just as there are many that drive at 110 on highways limited to 130 ... to double them or not that is the question : Idea: : Idea: : Idea:
0 x
"A tool that does not consume energy and respects soils is what? Ben is a tool that does nothing "(quote conference François Mulet)
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 23/06/18, 23:35

Leo Maximus wrote: :?:

"Road violence" kills every day, often pedestrians and cyclists.

Paragliding and free flight also kill, but these deaths are the pilots.

Uh it was a psychological joke eh!
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."