Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Water injection in engines: montages and experimentsWater doping plan Beetle

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Adrien » 26/11/04, 14:06

It is set for the gearbox and parts that I missed.

If all goes well, I mount the engine in my car tomorrow. I think I have the pot next week.

I'll make this arrangement at first, because it demand for labor only at the muffler seen the intake pipe already has an entry.

See you soon, Adrien
0 x
"A man who can get happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who despairs with reality." Alphonse Allais

krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby krissg29 » 26/11/04, 19:29

hi Retroloc

Forum Water doping plan for Coxinelle page 2

For my setup, I set up a reactor (13x305 rod tube 14 / 16 steel) on the output of 4 cylinder and I geet gas outlet connected to the reactor on the original carburetor. Ie I have the tube (14-16 copper) from the reactor down into the carburetor by the air intake to the level of the nozzle (mounting M.David). Input reactor, I put a bubbler filled to half of gasoline without water not connected to the exhaust: it sucks in air.

the tube down to the more narrowed the venturi of the original carburetor and take the place of the original spraying nozzle (cut and bite). There remains only the idle circuit and accelerator pump on the original carburetor.

At idle, in carburetor operation, I have no bubble in the bubbler: normal, with butterfly carburetor closed there is no vacuum in the nozzle.
Accelerating it starts to bubble and 3000 10 tr I measured kpa of pressure in the bubbler.
To try to highlight the reactor operation, I first heated the engine with carburetor, bubbler disconnected. Then I connected the bubbler and I unplugged the arrival of gasoline carburetor (arrété engine within 2 minutes). I restarted the engine and I accelerated to 3000 tr: he turned as there was gasoline in the tank of the carburetor (2 3 in minutes) and it stalled.

It is the procedure I used

- Connecting the output of the reactor under the original carburetor for more depression and that it matches the pattern Pantone
- Heat the bubbler: I did my cold weather testing and gasoline in the bubbler had to be at 10 ° C
- Try to shorten the tube between the reactor and the pipe (currently about 60 cm).

And that's the mods I'll do it normally weekend
If it works, I try with a carburetor instead of the bubbler and after it will be enough to make a system for synchronizing orders carbu

And Adrian, that's a test fixture! If I have enough with a reactor and a gas cylinder, I would put it away or I would make a 2ème, but according econology 1 50 reactor sufficient to cv. Anyway, the exhaust is not very "finished" now as you can see. Fortunately I have no neighbors!
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby krissg29 » 28/11/04, 20:30

Here it is: the engine of cox turns in "Pantone" with a carburetor instead of the bubbler

The original carburetor only serves as a valve.
The output reactor is now plugged in the original carburetor and the reactor feed is via a small motorcycle carburetor adjusted very rich.
It works but before making him change regime must juggle orders. It is not yet on the road this!
I have not really made conso test but it took longer to empty the tank the small carb (4 mn) in Pantone than the original carburetor in normal operation (3 mn) while has the largest air (I have not measured the volumes)

Eventually I not know when! Maybe injection with an injection instead of the bubbler?

Christophe
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Adrien » 29/11/04, 12:03

Here are the photos of mounting Christophe (kris)
0 x
"A man who can get happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who despairs with reality." Alphonse Allais
jcf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby jcf » 29/11/04, 22:24

krissg29 wrote:in fact I am trying to copy the installation pantone on Mexican cox

Krissg Hi, I just wanted to ask you where you found mounting the Mexican cox. The only thing I found over there is a Quanthomme article, but there are super little info. You found something?
A+
Jean-Christophe
0 x

krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby krissg29 » 29/11/04, 23:56

I just wanted to ask you where you found mounting the Mexican cox. The only thing I found over there is a Quanthomme article, but there are super little info. You found something?

I have not found anything else!
I searched with gogol trying lots of keywords but it always came back to Quanthomme.
So I tried to see the details in the photo.
We see a mower carburetor (at least it looks like the carburetor I have on my mower) next to the pulley and 2 tubes that descend on the right engine (similar to a reactor in the box right heater as stated in the text)
If you look closely at the photo, the carburetor is higher than for about 1 2 to cm. It must be a spacer between the carburetor and the pipe for connection.
By against the orange cylinder to the carburetor I do not know what it is. I wonder if it is not coupled with a valve controlling the original carburetor but it would mean that the reactor is not always depressed.
A+
Christophe
0 x
Retroloc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Retroloc » 02/12/04, 10:29

Adrian wrote:Image

me what I see on the picture is that a carburetor feeds the reactor being fed with pure gasoline and everything that goes downstream of the original carburetor.

Finally, even if your reactor is a perlinpinpin, even if it is a hollow tube, it will work anyway. (Probably a little worse than the original).
In this case, there is no evidence that the reactor outlet you you "something" different from the output of a normal carburetor.
Why not feed the new carburetor with a mixture HC / hot water?
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby krissg29 » 02/12/04, 23:26

Totally agree with you, there's nothing in my tests proved yet to share a total absence of odors, whether gasoline, badly burned gasoline, oil or other, which already seen enough weird most qu'aproximatifs settings of all.

The next planned step is to make him swallow the fleet but I do not know how (bubbler 2ème carburetor, misting, injection, ...). And I have come to measure the amounts of water and gasoline falling within the engine. I have also tried with fuel oil instead of gasoline.
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Adrien » 03/12/04, 13:00

you paste on a reactor with a bubbler or carburetor.

Doping conventional water what ...
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby krissg29 » 03/12/04, 19:44

In fact, I want to do a water doping, even if it's easier, I want to do a 100% pantone.
And besides, I want it to be used in variable speed (and a Breton is stubborn).
So it will take time it will take.
I have the advantage of knowing well the type of engine on which I work (I have already rebuilt several) and I have enough parts in stock to test different feeding patterns or rate changes compression for example. There is a cox "around" the motor so I can also do test drives and as I did not need the car to go to work, it does not matter if it does not work well enough
0 x