Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Water injection in engines: montages and experimentsWater doping plan Beetle

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
combi_guy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby combi_guy » 22/11/04, 21:35

Hi,
I'm like you, Adrian, I have also planned an engine cox but 1200 cm3, the problem is the same, 4 flat cylinder, air cooled pr, I know this type of engine, and, j ' have a combi, but the same engine 2 liters, but I start with the cox,
best would be a potted 4 1, it is used, (there is a site on this), and I think I have one that will do,
I'm with interest your work, I start mine in the spring, now I prepare the terrain: the plan

Guy
0 x

Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Adrien » 22/11/04, 21:36

Not so sure it was out the laws (when there is only water eh)! I'ma free and exhaust being spotted in 3km! already the only vehicle does not pass unnoticed .....
0 x
"A man who can get happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who despairs with reality." Alphonse Allais
jcf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby jcf » 22/11/04, 22:18

Hi Adrian.
I like the quataplats and not known about, and it seems as if you're planning to mount a pot like the one you showed us a picture (in 4 1), the easiest way would be to place the reactor in the silencer (it would just pros pantone tell us if the pipe length before there will be too lost heat). Thus 4 cylinders have the same pressure drop.
Because I'm not sure in the long term it is great for an engine having one or two cylinders whose exhaust gases are held back, and the other not ...
Well, it's on, a cox there are not masses of room to modify the muffler, and it may be, but still digging.
Especially if you modify the pipe leading to the muffler, you'll have to be very strict on odds, history that everything goes well.
But in fact, you will not heating more, if you ride your reactors on exhausts of the two most cylinders on the front, right?
Good luck,
Jean-Christophe
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby krissg29 » 22/11/04, 23:17

Hello

Adrien, the escape that I have shown you is available from all resellers cox parts and derivatives (fridge, buggies, karmann ...) of France and their advertisements are in Super VW Magazine (newsstand publication of the 15 month). One in the photo is a collector 4 1 with a planned silent for 1 kind engines (1200 / 1300 / 1500 / 1600) (the 1200 is different from the other). The collector can be sold alone. There are others on the same principle (replacement of the original silencer) for engines 4 kind (1700 / 1800 / 2000). The advantage of these exhausts is, in my opinion, the presence of straight tubes 2 simple enough to edit this to put 1 or 2 reactors. There is also the possibility of 1 reactor between the collector and the silent but then the reactor is near a cylinder head of the outputs of meter and as it needs very hot gas that is not ideal.

For my setup, I set up a reactor (13x305 rod tube 14 / 16 steel) on the output of 4 cylinder (Christophe is the tube at the top right on Adrien exhaust photo) and j ' I geet gas exit the reactor connected on the original carburetor. Ie I have the tube (14-16 copper) from the reactor down into the carburetor by the air intake to the level of the nozzle (mounting M.David). Input reactor, I put a bubbler filled to half of gasoline without water not connected to the exhaust: it sucks in air.
At idle, in carburetor operation, I have no bubble in the bubbler: normal, with butterfly carburetor closed there is no vacuum in the nozzle.
Accelerating it starts to bubble and 3000 10 tr I measured kpa of pressure in the bubbler (mano graduated in kPa). If I'm not in Gourre commas, it must 0.1 bar.
To try to highlight the reactor operation, I first heated the engine with carburetor, bubbler disconnected. Then I connected the bubbler and I unplugged the arrival of gasoline carburetor (arrété engine within 2 minutes). I restarted the engine and I accelerated to 3000 tr: he turned as there was gasoline in the tank of the carburetor (2 3 in minutes) and it stalled.
The points that I will review:
- Connecting the output of the reactor under the original carburetor for more depression and that it matches the pattern Pantone
- Heat the bubbler: I did my cold weather testing and gasoline in the bubbler had to be at 10 ° C
- Try to shorten the tube between the reactor and the pipe (currently about 60 cm).

Christopher, do you think an excessive tube length between the reactor and the pipe may interfere much with temperature level (cooling gas geet) or loss?
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Adrien » 23/11/04, 00:19

I had not thought to put the reactor directly into the silent ... It is feasible? becaufe if I found it as exhaust for sale (in addition moin downright expensive!)

I have circled in red muffler. He seems to be easily modified and thus easily camoufable ... (not like the other chrome) In following the loss of heat, I can always insulate the ducts to silent.

For heating, we will have to find a solution that I ... Knowing that if I made this vehicle is for use as a home and be able to go everywhere ... one can (I intend to go to Iceland when buvera of fairly steady water ... no, I can not: it would be too expensive)!
I thought such a <a href='http://www.cybercampingcar.com/htm/general_pages/page.boutique.fiche.accessoires.php?sel_produit=106240&sel_mot_recherche=106240]' target='_blank'> of heating extra </a> camper to plug into the cigarette lighter, so I can get hot even when the engine is cold and managing ... well I might even have extinguishes engine! (I do not want gasoline or gas heating)
And then the worst I can cover me ... The hot it's only comfort, and if I wanted the comfort I would not have chosen this vehicle).

In fact I have a long project that is not just in just a trip from time to time ...

Here the mounting Christophe (Kriss)

Tries may be putting the arrival of as close as possible mixing cylinders (even two can be put, and drill at the splitting of the double intake pipe)

<a href='http://songe.is.free.fr/pmc/Moteur2.jpg' target='_blank'> Moteur2.jpg </a> <- I did that quickly in yellow after j ' I'm afraid there too long ... not to heat loss (you can always isolate) but since the mixture should be sucked ...

To warm the bubbler, I thought of a full flow to a bypass of the oil circuit. Or with the exhaust gasses, but I'm afraid it's too hot ... Or doing like "water cooling" of PCs: a tank with an aquarium pump (cavitated around or under the bubbler ) and a water system that will surround the muffler (I think it may be a good compromise ...). We need to know how do those who turn to gpl on air 4 flat (next to a guy my parents had it on his fridge, but he moved, I must seek her number in my business ...)

Adrien
0 x
"A man who can get happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who despairs with reality." Alphonse Allais

Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Adrien » 23/11/04, 00:38

combi_guy wrote:Hi,
I'm like you, Adrian, I have also planned an engine cox but 1200 cm3, the problem is the same, 4 flat cylinder, air cooled pr, I know this type of engine, and, j ' have a combi, but the same engine 2 liters, but I start with the cox,
best would be a potted 4 1, it is used, (there is a site on this), and I think I have one that will do,
I'm with interest your work, I start mine in the spring, now I prepare the terrain: the plan

Guy

I had not seen your message ...
I also have a type4 but a 1700. But I think it sell because spare parts are too expensive ... And since I also have a 1600 and one vehicle ...

Would you have a photo of 4en1 you mention (that I found the same :D)? the site is not F4E?

To start my own I expected to put the engine in the vehicle (I have no creek wheeler, and one I have not enough strength ...) history confirm it rolls before moving him to the doping water (For now I ride with 1700)

re-Adrien
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby krissg29 » 23/11/04, 00:45

re-hello

yeah! it's my "montage"!
but still the test yourself. Besides the photo is the 1ère version with a carburetor instead of the current bubbler. when the bubbler system will work, I re-try the carburetor.

I saw a Belgian combi fitted with LPG: the owner had his own vapodétendeur with a copper coil beast under the cylinders in the cooling air circuit and that was enough (about 60 80 ° C in temperature of air at that point)

And for your heating to stop, you can keep the mods and pantoniser a gasoline heating. After all it is just a burner!
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Adrien » 23/11/04, 01:22

Yeah but it will consume more gasoline (same for electric heating but it's almost nothing)
0 x
jcf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby jcf » 23/11/04, 12:31

same for the electric heater but it's almost nothing

So here I issue a sérieu flat ... I think small ceramic electric heaters on cigarette lighter should eat a lot, and if you intend to heat with you to stop, you better have a battery truck ...
Anyway, if you calculate energy needed to warm you, the energy drawn from the battery had to be produced by your petrol engine (lower efficiency than a gasoline or heating since 60 80% of the energy bar heat) through a belt (again, 30% loss), switch to the generator (I imagine sth like 10% loss) and be stored in the battery (again there are losses ). So in my opinion very very poor performance. In addition, there is the cost of permanent transport heavy batteries.
And do not believe that your battery power is free, when it needs recharging, the generator pulls much stronger on the engine, where consumption (see for example how the car that helps a another of battery power to start slowing down when connecting cables).
For information about electric cars (Peugeot 106, etc.), there is a gas tank for heating ....! It is not for nothing, huh. In addition she carry around 400 kg of batteries, so it should not bother them!
In addition I read combis owners of posts that had purchased cigarette lighter heaters to defrost the windshield and a little heat because of the difficulty to have heating in winter, and although they were super disappointed.
And finally, self-heating my bus consumes maximum speed of the 0,3 unleaded per hour. That makes the heating 30-40 cts euros in the largest maximum time is not necessarily very expensive.
Here now ...
If not for the exhaust pipes in 4 1, I think if your muffler is removable it is convenient if you want to avoid tying your car (if you use it every day). Because you just have to have one side your original silencers, the other silent you doing from scratch and contains your reactor. Modularity assured! There is just the pipe length before the problem can bring the gas to be a little too cold, but saw that there was flow 4 cylinders, it seems me should be enough calories transferring the reactor (what do the experienced pantone ??).
A+
JC
0 x
combi_guy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby combi_guy » 24/11/04, 13:30

Would you have a photo of 4en1 you mention (that I found the same)? the site is not F4E?

Here Adrien ago that one to sell, but I do not know what kind of engine

<a href='http://annonces.flat4ever.com/detail.php?siteid=3020&catid=19' target='_blank'>http://annonces.flat4ever.com/detail.php?s...d=3020&catid=19</a>

Also, I have a 4 1 but in 1 1200 engine

for my 1200 I think modify the muffler of origin, partitioning, and place the reactor to retrieve the exhaust cylinder 4

this is the first job, but I do not know size of the reactor building

Guy
0 x