Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and poolsFight against the Asian hornet in our gardens

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fight against the Asian hornet in our gardens

Unread Messageby nico239 » 10/07/18, 01:03

izentrop wrote:DY version http://mielleriedesgraves.over-blog.com ... tique.html

The researchers from INRA say it's bullshit, but hey, business is business
Contrary to popular belief, the focus on entrapment of foundresses does not provide real solutions in the fight against the expansion and predation of the yellow-legged hornet.

As I understand the principle, all the insects that come in through the cone and can come out through the holes in the grate are safe. So the big insects that go there are eaten by the hornets, as well as the bees not fast enough. It's free massacre.
The quantity in the cagot is substantial. After that we will say that the insects disappear. : Shock:

Any trap captures indiscriminately ... whether it's this sophisticated trick or a spilled bottle with jam and honey at the bottom or a blue lamp for other insects.

In a sense it's silly it reminds the so-called nets fishermen supposed to sort Image

This does not detract from the problems posed by Asian hornets against bees.

It seems to me that more interesting solutions exist but I'm too lazy to look ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
"A tool that does not consume energy and respects soils is what? Ben is a tool that does nothing "(quote conference François Mulet)

nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nico239 » 10/07/18, 01:05

Janic wrote:

After, the choice is between losing some non-targeted insects

So that's not smart idea

Non-target insects will appreciate Image
1 x
"A tool that does not consume energy and respects soils is what? Ben is a tool that does nothing "(quote conference François Mulet)
nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nico239 » 10/07/18, 01:38

nico239 wrote:It seems to me that more interesting solutions exist but I'm too lazy to look ... : Mrgreen:

Well, I looked for it anyway Image

Well already on blind trapping ... but was it necessary as he appears ecologically idiotic?

https://www.terraeco.net/Pourquoi-il-ne ... 58870.html

For hive protection one of the so-called "muzzle" systems (that's the one I had heard about) seems much smarter

It is not perfect, there are lots of sites and beekeepers who talk about it and who recounts success or half success and who try to perfect the trick.

https://www.terraeco.net/Pour-proteger- ... 58880.html
the link is interesting because it is commented with different opinions

the pdf of an elaborate construction (on paper)
https://www.frosaif.fr/REPOSITORY/Musel ... il2017.pdf

There are lots of videos on "muzzles"

There is also the use of chickens (rather than chickens it seems)
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Janic » 10/07/18, 07:48

Nico hello
Janic wrote:
After, the choice is between losing some non-targeted insects

So that's not smart idea
Non-target insects will appreciate

You're absolutely right on the bottom, but I'm not a beekeeper so I only see the problem from the outside. The ideal is to touch only Asian hornets and you indicate other ways that beekeepers make the tests (I even read somewhere that some plants put in their vicinity limit the proliferation.)
In fact it was when the first hornets began to decimate a few bees that it was necessary to take the problem head on and not wait until it became an important problem. It is at the beginning that a fire must be stopped, not when the whole building is on fire and so, according to firefighters, for the precious goods that are in the building and that would also end up being burned.
0 x
"We do science with facts, as is a house with stones, but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" Exnihiloest
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby phil53 » 03/08/18, 17:05

On the internet, some claim to protect their hives through hens. I have recommended this technique to my neighbors and well, there are hornets and chickens live their lives without interest. I even saw one posing at bay, she looked at it without doing anything else, not tempted at all.
Do you have a feedback on this subject?
0 x

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 03/08/18, 17:17

To have a little frequented the gentinaceous, I doubt the universality of the "anti-hornet guarantee": they are far from having the same behavior. The animals each have their singularity, although general tendencies are observed ...
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby phil53 » 03/08/18, 23:04

Ahmed, I made the same remark, I search the internet and no one specifies the variety or even differentiates whether they are chickens or young.
Child in a farm with a friend we had a cruel time but who at the time did not ask me a case of conscience : Evil: we gave mice to the chickens in the farmyard. At first it was dead mice that we trapped, then we looked for nests to give live little ones. The chickens engulfed all voraciously, the funny thing for us was when one of the chickens swallowed a mouse at once and his tail protruded from his beak the others were rushing to shoot.
Like what chickens in a small area in large numbers eat everything that comes.
That may be the solution.
On the other hand will let the bees fly without swallowing them ????
0 x
nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nico239 » 04/08/18, 02:39

From what is said for the hornets it would be rather the chickens and not the chickens. (and do not ask me why) :)
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 04/08/18, 14:55

I stumbled on this video ... awesome! For those who want to know how a (big) Nest of Hornets is made:

The author has a lot of other video and is very friendly ... Sometimes he even gets stung despite protections pro ...

0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nico239 » 08/08/18, 00:35

Christophe wrote:I stumbled on this video ... awesome! For those who want to know how a (big) Nest of Hornets is made:

The author has a lot of other video and is very friendly ... Sometimes he even gets stung despite protections pro ...

A few years ago in a rental house where I lived I raised the wooden plate that allowed access to the attic ... everything was normal except that on this wooden plate was ... a huge nest of hornets ... abandoned of course like a big basketball.

It must have been there for a while and empty because otherwise we would have heard the buzzing.

It's a hell of a star Star Wars style construction ... brrrr

In the same place, the wasps were building piles of nests under the roof rim.

At that time I did not want to have too many wasps around.
The first reflex was to destroy some of them, which it was possible to reach without climbing a ladder of firemen.

But the following summer I realized that I had made room for them to come back to build NEW nests: grrrrr

So at the end of the summer I left the new nests in place.

Result more space to build new ones so fewer and fewer nests.

So if you have wasp nests you can always kill the wasps if they bother you but mostly leave the nests in place.

Since I changed the corner and I would like to have more wasps: we are never happy : Mrgreen:
0 x