Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ...Wind turbines are not noisy

Renewables except electric or solar thermal (see sub-forums dedicated below): wind, marine energy, water and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal ...
Dearcham
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Wind turbines are not noisy

Unread Messageby Dearcham » 31/08/04, 14:03

After visiting the wind farm of Mount sun in Switzerland I was flabbergasted by the lack of noise from these monsters 70 m high: about fifty meters, the wind in the shrubs covered completely the noise of the blades.

To just below the noise is about twice as strong as that of a power line but actually less stressful.

Here in this small encrypted summary of the CLER (Liaison Committee for Renewable Energy)
The sound pressure decreases with distance. The further away from the source, the more the perceived noise decreases (which is valid for iporte any sound source)
10 m to the source, the sound level dBA loses 30
20 m to the source, the sound level dBA loses 35
30 m to the source, the sound level dBA loses 40
100 m to the source, the sound level loses 50dbA

Here is a little picture of the noise level of a wind turbine based on the wind speed

Wind speed (km / h) / ambient sound level (dB (A))
18 / 38
25 / 41
32 / 45
40 / 49
47 / 53
54 / 56

And after ? : The sound of a wind level stabilizes when the wind reaches a certain speed. Beyond this speed, the noise level of the wind continues to increase while the wind remains stable.The wind noise then just cover the wind

The decibel scale is used to position a number of noise known from the average noise from a wind turbine located at a distance of 250 m
10 dB falling leaves
15 dB murmurs
30 dB Inside a bedroom
40 dB wind
50 dB Interior of a house
70dB Bureau
80dB Interior of a car
90 dB Stereo Music
100 dB Inside a factory
120 dB Breakers
150 dB Jet plane

What happens when there is more wind turbines?
The increase in the noise level is by no means proportional but logarithmique.Cela means that the presence of two identical sound sources does not lead to a doubling of the perceived intensity sonore.Ainsi a person placed equidistant from two identical sound sources perceive an increased hearing level 3dB. Four identical sources will increase the level of 6dB.
0 x

Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Unread Messageby Bibiphoque » 02/09/04, 07:49

Dearcham wrote:What happens when there is more wind turbines?
The increase in the noise level is by no means proportional but logarithmique.Cela means that the presence of two identical sound sources does not lead to a doubling of the perceived intensity sonore.Ainsi a person placed equidistant from two identical sound sources perceive an increased hearing level 3dB. Four identical sources will increase the level of 6dB.

:P
Hi, 3db, not just twice ?? :P :P :P
A+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Dearcham
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Dearcham » 03/09/04, 14:44

climate goes haywire, even our small local seals lose their bearings

Taking as a base product 40db wind, so we added a second at the same distance, one could expect a noise 40 + = 40 80 db gold, it is not so, the increase in volume is not 40 3 db but only giving us 43 db.
Similarly with 4 wind around is not reaches 40 4 * = 160db only 46db

It is better said this way? :P
0 x
aiolia
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby aiolia » 05/11/04, 02:47

Dearcham wrote:After visiting the wind farm of Mount sun in Switzerland I was flabbergasted by the lack of noise from these monsters 70 m high: about fifty meters, the wind in the shrubs covered completely the noise of the blades.

To just below the noise is about twice as strong as that of a power line but actually less stressful.

Indeed, it does not bcp noise. But it will risk to do even less in the coming decades when the scarcity of oil will be responsible for the exponential increase in cost, making problematic the issue of profitability.
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Unread Messageby Bibiphoque » 05/11/04, 13:58

Dearcham wrote:climate goes haywire, even our small local seals lose their bearings

Taking as a base product 40db wind, so we added a second at the same distance, one could expect a noise 40 + = 40 80 db gold, it is not so, the increase in volume is not 40 3 db but only giving us 43 db.
Similarly with 4 wind around is not reaches 40 4 * = 160db only 46db

It is better said this way? : P

Hello,
: Angry:
I'm not facher me but increased 3 db is twice !!!! Jj !, fo review your Conversions !!!
I quote from wiki:
Bel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
(Redirected from Decibel)

The bel (symbol B), while outside the International System (SI) is used with it. The bel is used to express the value of logarithmic quantities as field level, power level, sound pressure level or mitigation. ten basic logarithms are used to obtain the numerical values ​​of quantities expressed in bels. For more information, see International Standard ISO 31.

It was named in honor of Alexander Graham Bell physicist.

This is a logarithmic unit, where a difference of beautiful 1 corresponds to a ratio of 10 power. most commonly used his sub-multiple decibel (dB). A difference of one decibels corresponds to a ratio of 101 / 10 roughly 1,259.

Calculating a Bel relative to two values:

bel = log (10) (V1 / V2)
decibel = 10 * log (10) (V1 / V2)
The voltage gain of an amplifier results in decibels:

6 + dB corresponds to a gain almost equal to 2.
+ 20 dB corresponds to a gain of 10.
signal / noise ratio S / N (dB) = 10 * Log10 (S / N)

A + B) :P <_ <
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 07/11/04, 11:02

aiolia wrote:Indeed, it does not bcp noise. But it will risk to do even less in the coming decades when the scarcity of oil will be responsible for the exponential increase in cost, making problematic the issue of profitability.

Uh I'm the .... you can not argue you? The problem of profitability ALREADY present. 15 years of return on investment for a lifetime of 20 years ...

For me more fossils are more expensive renewables are profitable since the price of energy (a general way) is aligned with that of oil ...
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!