Return Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ...Electronuclear flexibility (excluding subject wind)

Renewables except electric or solar thermal (see sub-forums dedicated below): wind, marine energy, water and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electronuclear flexibility (not subject to wind power)

Unread Messageby sicetaitsimple » 17 / 01 / 18, 12: 48

Remundo wrote:
Desertec, mainly driven by Germany via the DLR (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft und Raumfahrt + Siemens + Deutsche Bank not exhaustively), has aborted, so they do not have renewable energies to keep their promise, even if they did great efforts on their transition.

Oh no, not Desertec's abortion as an explanation for not achieving goals, pity!
0 x

Remundo

Unread Messageby Remundo » 17 / 01 / 18, 13: 36

I am very satisfied if it bothers you. I have no mercy!
0 x
ImageImageImage
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby sicetaitsimple » 17 / 01 / 18, 13: 53

Remundo wrote:I am very satisfied if it bothers you. I have no mercy!

Oh that does not bother me, this concept was doomed to failure and I wrote (long ago) on other forums, at the time of the Flaming Desertec.

I have nothing against the basic concept (Desertec itself), but its industrial translation (DII, Desertec Industrial Initiative) was inevitably doomed to failure.

Before thinking of crossing the Mediterannean, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland with high voltage lines, it would first be necessary for our neighbors to make a few thousand km of line HT in their own territory .....
0 x
Did67

Unread Messageby Did67 » 17 / 01 / 18, 14: 04

For my part, I raised the question of serious ignorance of the environment that is the Sahara. People live there. According to an extremely extensive system of "collection" of low biomass by ruminants (goats, camels) ... But a system. I saw in this project a new form of colonialism [whether in the name of ecology or religion, expropriating a population of one of its resources is never defensible]. We must be able to find this on econology.

And so, socio-politically, it was, for me, a reverie of engineers cons, I say engineers cons in the sense that they do not see further than the end of their technological passion [if you want, it 's is in the same vein as the idiots who thought of solving hunger in Africa with tractors and combines! I made, in 1980, near Djenné (Mali), the photo of a cadaver of Ferguson - these legendary gray tractors of the years 70 - silted at the exit of the city, monument of the bullshit of the "obtuse scientists" - from my point of view].
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby sicetaitsimple » 17 / 01 / 18, 14: 25

Did67 wrote:For my part, I raised the question of serious ignorance of the environment that is the Sahara. People live there. According to an extremely extensive system of "collection" of low biomass by ruminants (goats, camels) ... But a system. I saw in this project a new form of colonialism [whether in the name of ecology or religion, expropriating a population of one of its resources is never defensible]. We must be able to find this on econology.

And so, socio-politically, it was, for me, a reverie of engineers cons, I say engineers cons in the sense that they do not see further than the end of their technological passion [if you want, it 's is in the same vein as the idiots who thought of solving hunger in Africa with tractors and combines! I made, in 1980, near Djenné (Mali), the photo of a cadaver of Ferguson - these legendary gray tractors of the years 70 - silted at the exit of the city, monument of the bullshit of the "obtuse scientists" - from my point of view].

Yes, but I do not even want to talk about that, nor the geopolitical risks that have unfortunately been revealed since.

It was just technically and economically stupid. Just a way for German sponsors (industrialists, bankers quoted by Remundo) to deploy German technologies and capital in these countries.

Desertec, to feed North Africa, or even a part of sub-Saharan Africa, can make sense someday. To feed Munich or Dusseldorf, none, it was just a vague pretext ..
0 x

Did67

Unread Messageby Did67 » 17 / 01 / 18, 14: 38

Ben me, I do not find anecdotally at all that roughly the same "ecolos well thinking" oppose the dams in the Amazon or the Himbas in Namibia, but dream of Desertec ... These inconsistencies make me pessimistic about the ability of human beings to make reasonable use of their abilities to reason ...

And as long as it is not resolved we will continue to make bullshit in the name of the best ideas ...

[edit: correction of typing shells without changing the text]
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby sicetaitsimple » 17 / 01 / 18, 15: 00

Did67 wrote:Ben me, I do not find anecdotal at all ....

I did not say it was anecdotal, I said I did not even want to talk about it, as well as geopolitical risks ...

There is no industrial project that has advantages but also disadvantages, particularly in terms of its impact on the wider environment.

But when he is foolish without even having to discuss its disadvantages, as well stop right now!
0 x
Remundo

Unread Messageby Remundo » 17 / 01 / 18, 15: 18

the people who reason badly are those on the one hand who are amazed (and sneer?) that the Germans fail to meet their reduction commitment CO2, and secondly who block (or villipendent behind a keyboard? ) key projects to achieve this.

I would not want to be too brittle, but putting mirrors or PV in the desert is not likely to have much impact on the production of cacti and the pseudo-breeding of skinny camels ... neocolonialism? Perhaps the true neocolonialism will be a migratory wave (tsunami?) If we do not stabilize the populations in their country of origin by a minimum of co-development.

After that I think that Desertec should have become (and even start with) a Eurotrec because of the geopolitical instabilities in Africa. But basically no one really gets along, even in Europe, so let's continue the fissilofossil bullshit and live the philosophy on the forums. I've been watching all this for over 10 years now.
0 x
ImageImageImage
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby sicetaitsimple » 17 / 01 / 18, 15: 29

But who here was surprised or sneered?
0 x
Remundo

Unread Messageby Remundo » 17 / 01 / 18, 15: 30

the nucleuses?
0 x
ImageImageImage

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."