Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ...Wind power: for or against the wind?

Renewables except electric or solar thermal (see sub-forums dedicated below): wind, marine energy, water and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal ...
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Wind power: for or against the wind?

Unread Messageby vtajmb » 03/03/06, 06:44

the order of the day in my native Sancerre, I know think between for and against "ket po" often issued by ignorant or anti wind ...
- renewable energy
- Impact on landscape (aesthetic)
- Nuisance to waves (GSM phone and TV) ???
- Deafness ???
- Other?

What is on is that between the Belleville nuclear power plant on Loire (in 30 km) and a wind farm in 1km from me, I prefer the latter option, given the central waste, our descendants will have to manage
0 x
JMB

Former Oceano

Unread Messageby Former Oceano » 03/03/06, 14:19

(Moved about)

For !

I will go further in facilitating individual wind turbines or favoring short circuits, to avoid line losses between production and consumption.

Regarding birds, all the gigantic wind I saw had a rotational speed of the rotor relatively low and every bird has enough reflexes to avoid a blade. If he can not, is that he has a serious problem and it might as well hit a pole, a house, ...

For noise, I do not find it annoying at all, because when there is a lot of wind, there is a noise caused by the obstacles is quite high. I invite anyone to go near a wind turbine for realizing it.
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 03/03/06, 15:30

And I agree to the opinion of Oceano.

I would add further that I am rather for projects to size "human" (not overkill), self-financed (investment + profits) by local stakeholders (local association, comunes ... ie as in Denmark or some project underway in Britain) and profitable without redemption or intermediaries (direct sale of electricity).
For example, mega projects financed by Spiff, a subsidiary of EDF, are hardly econological in my opinion.

I explained the thing here: https://www.econologie.com/eolien-energie-vent/
Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 03 / 12, 20: 04, 1 edited once.
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

Unread Messageby Other » 03/03/06, 17:55

Hello
Prior to implementing a wind turbine or a wind farm must be a wind study in a year to see if the wind is favorable SNV, several studies have been done in Quebec and again the favorable sites is quite high but north very interesting since it is not far from large dams, and the electric line are already established, it permetterait let up the water level as a dam low consome more for the same energy, wind and a promising industry for regions or windy map of wind is already established.
For birds the migration and both determined there maps that are given us every year for aviators,
Generally migratory birds follow the same paths.

Andre
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nlc » 03/03/06, 20:38

I'm also for me!

And aesthetic level, I find it rather cute and entertaining, it does not bother me to have one in front of me!
0 x

vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby vtajmb » 04/03/06, 09:24

The bottom line is: we want to have sufficient energy quantity not too polluting, be it waste, climate change, visual pollution, noise or other, especially health, and more cheap! What capricious spoiled children we are (I put myself in the bag too, of course!) !!!

The scarcity of oil and the atom dead end will force us to think and act differently. Also, although we strongly reducing our energy consumption, it is time, before jumping into the void, to ask the real questions on nuisances ... Let's not like oil: the beginnings, who raised his voice against the risks of unbridled consumption of this energy? Do not do as the atom: nobody could or wanted to see for a long time very durable harmfulness of radioactivity, or the waste treatment problem ... And what about these tchernobyliens radioactive clouds that stop at borders of our country?

Morality, look closely, very closely, the consequences of "industrial wind farms ... Maybe, as Christophe said that the spray in small éloiennes for small groups is a solution. To compensate for the wind why not play the hydraulic accumulation? ie pumping water into a higher reservoir the windy days, and use white coal day without?

And the sound? A friend of mine went to Sweden. It would have observed cases of deafness linked to low frequency noise of the wind in the blades and towers ... Myth or Reality? And the preservation of beautiful sites?

All this is not a firing live ammunition against what I consider to be the lesser evil, but a willingness to learn and to prevent, before it's too late ...
0 x
JMB
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby gegyx » 04/03/06, 11:44

Gigantism will not bring anything good.
It can be seen in isolated places, uninhabited (as he still?), But it will be at the expense of the landscape and local wildlife ... For the happiness of large industrial groups.
No way to gigantism, close to the people.
Smaller structures, human scale are possible ... But, wind, three-bladed kind of lesser diameter, will rotate faster and generate noise. Therefore ...
Noise is the modern plague ... He creeps and wins throughout our lives ... Let conscience!
0 x
Mike.be
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Mike.be » 04/03/06, 12:21

vtajmb wrote:The bottom line is: we want to have sufficient energy quantity not too polluting, be it waste, climate change, visual pollution, noise or other, especially health, and more cheap! What capricious spoiled children we are (I put myself in the bag too, of course!) !!!

Agree with you, you have to fight to reduce energy consumption while improving the well-being and that in all areas. Until my last breath I will fight for it, the future of my children depends on it.

However, as Christophe said, I am also for wind human scale.

I have heard of wind towers someone there for information, he exsiste a site on the subject?

Good weekend and see you soon
0 x
Former Oceano

Unread Messageby Former Oceano » 04/03/06, 15:09

What causes the noise are among other turbulences in blade tip. On the vertical axis wind turbines, turbulence are reduced and according to the manufacturers say it is less noisy.

Similarly, all the gears used to accelerate the speed of the generator with respect to the rotor speed is a source of noise, like the sound of a gearbox ...

More wind will be smaller, the intensity will be low and there will be less of line losses.
0 x
zac

Unread Messageby zac » 04/03/06, 15:29

former oceanic wrote:What causes the noise are among other turbulences in blade tip. On the vertical axis wind turbines, turbulence are reduced and according to the manufacturers say it is less noisy.

Hello
I spent much of my life on yachts, for a long time with wind turbines.
Classic is unbearable (it vibrates all the time and the hull is sound box and when editing a project with the air we lose enormously in yield); vertical axis (equivalent to Allaire area) it produces shit.
Today I 2 senior games photovoltaic panels and hydro; but mostly I did the hunting consomation.j'arrive a good record navigation and almost balance at anchor.
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.