Return Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ...Wood heating in Mayenne: compressed pellets or logs?

Renewables except electric or solar thermal (see sub-forums dedicated below): wind, marine energy, water and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal ...
robi53
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wood heating in Mayenne: compressed pellets or logs?

Unread Messageby robi53 » 27 / 07 / 09, 21: 14

The hello to all and all, coming to make your acquaintance and to register by the same occasion !!!!

It is not obvious to be well informed between the true innovations and ...................... the commercial sense of the sellers : Cheesy:

I have an insert that gives me satisfaction, however, the price of wood on the Mayenne as well as the handling makes me ask myself: currently 60 € dry stere 2 years !!!!

Are compressed or compressed wood logs effective and / or cost effective? Ecological impact?
The info is rare on the web also I am a little destitute.

Thank you for all your advice when using my insert and / or use of these famous compressed logs

Sincerely

Philippe
0 x

Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Philippe Schutt » 04 / 08 / 09, 00: 24

The compressed logs are very dry (<10%), and give a combustion as good as a very dry wood (3-4ans). On the other hand they are more expensive and attention to storage which can make them regain moisture.
On the other hand, I saw that there are logs "night", slow combustion. I doubt the cleanliness of this combustion there.
What is your insert?
0 x
robi53
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Thank you for your reply

Unread Messageby robi53 » 04 / 08 / 09, 22: 29

Here is my insert at about fifteen years, it is a godin 10KW, with a nozzle to diffuse heat in the corridor and annually I burn between 3 and 4 strings, depending on the winters. Because of my irregular schedules, I am obliged to leave a bottom of electric heating accumulation that gives me satisfaction!
It is true that the compressed logs interested me but how to know if the ration cost / congestion / efficiency is at least good? The literature on the subject is scanty, apart from commercial links that are worth ............................. what exactly? ?????

merci de votre aide
Philippe : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Thank you for your reply

Unread Messageby Christophe » 04 / 08 / 09, 22: 32

Robi53 wrote:It is true that the compressed logs interested me but how to know if the ration cost / congestion / efficiency is at least good? The literature on the subject is scanty, apart from commercial links that are worth ............................. what exactly? ?????

They call me ????

0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
robi53
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Buches compresses

Unread Messageby robi53 » 04 / 08 / 09, 22: 34

Yes ! If you can give me seriously on the subject !!
Sincerely
philippe : Cheesy:
0 x

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 04 / 08 / 09, 22: 39

Well I can say anything but ... on tariffs ... which vary greatly according to places and producers.

I saw that in France compressed skewers could be more expensive than pellets ...

At the level of use, I think this is the top compared to wood and pellets (we tested the 3) because:

A) There are no disadvantages of woodworking (no splitting, no bark that drags everywhere)
B) ca burn in "tout" not the trouble of a pellet stove (which only burns pellets)
C) almost no ash
D) it is always dry
E) ca heat very quickly

The only disadvantage is that:
A) it burns (equivalent volume) faster than a log of wood
B) ca can make a little dust so heavily manipulated (shock)
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Philippe Schutt » 04 / 08 / 09, 22: 39

If you can dry your wood properly, it will be cheaper the compressed logs. They cost roughly like pellets, but by burning them in your insert, you do not have the efficiency gain provided by the pellet appliances.
0 x
robi53
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS

Unread Messageby robi53 » 04 / 08 / 09, 22: 43

And pellets, we can put some in the fireplace, but without risk?
Advantage / inconvenience if feasible?
It is super internet, thank you for your help and glad to know you

Also raises awareness of a problem burning the environment but that the subject is vast and the choices uncertain?
good to you
Philippe : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 04 / 08 / 09, 22: 47

Well we tested: pellets ca does not burn well "alone" in a chimney ... in mix with other thing yes but alone no, it is the cata!

It is necessary to ventilate / ventilate much more than with wood or skewers ... so must be added a "room" in the stove, like a "tube pierced aerator"

I even make a subject to try to modify our stove but I have not arrived at the end of the experiment!

There is everything here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/bruler-des ... t6923.html

Beyond 2 cm depth, the pellets remain intact (thermal insulation, not enough O2 ...) when the stove is switched on ...
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Philippe Schutt » 04 / 08 / 09, 22: 56

Christophe does not like splitting wood, and I know guys who will make their wood with the same pleasure as others going fishing. (not me) :P

So you see according to your tastes and your means.

There are baskets to burn the pellets in a chimney. But I do not see the interest, as much to take logs pressed.
0 x