Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Water management: pumping, drilling, filtration, well, recovery ...Brita filters

Management, access and use of water you: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, remediation, recovery of rainwater. Recovery processes, filtration, decontamination, storage. Service water pumps. Manage, use, and conserve water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Philflam
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Brita filters

Unread Messageby Philflam » 05/09/04, 15:08

What is this water filter system ?? : roll:
0 x

Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Christine » 07/09/04, 22:31

The product is not bad although a bit pricey.

But one may wonder why we got to have our tap water filter to appreciate it.

In France, there are only whole cartridges, with their disposable plastic shell. Why not just change the crystals?
0 x
Philflam
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Philflam » 10/09/04, 16:40

Christine thank you, I see the issue again unleashed the crowds <_ < :(

I do not know if we can say that this system is expensive. Compared to bottled water there is no picture! And frankly the taste of filtered water with brita is very different from tap water.

Here in Belgium both cartridges are sold € 10 50, and it is indicated on the packaging that the cartridge is intended to be recycled. Now, when delivered to the seller, will know what it is ... But it costs nothing to do so and if it is useless, at least you have the satisfaction of doing a good gesture ...

Now I think it would be interesting to know how the system works ...
0 x
Philflam
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Philflam » 17/10/04, 09:35

J heard (apparently reliable source of) the BRITA filters are harmful to health.

I can not verify this information. Can you help me ?
0 x
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby bebeours » 05/04/06, 10:05

I use brita filters for its economic aspect.

I also think that this filter has the benefit to the environment.

Although tap water is hardly bearable for the body, filter puts things in their room.

I buy filters that weighed a few grams and a filtering capacity of 1200 liter of drinking water. What not to buy back the water in supermarkets. water which must sometimes travel hundreds of kilometers to finish in my fridge.
The rapporchement is quickly made. A filter is not moved by truck 1200Kg not to mention the traffic jam, and the energy required to recycle the bottles.

This product comes to me in the category kyot'home
0 x

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 05/04/06, 10:16

bebeours wrote:tap water is hardly bearable for the body, filter puts things in their room.

Wrong!
Any water tap is distributed french DRINKING and there are NO safe (at least in the short term to long term that's another story) to the body ...

Then compare the water obtained with spring water or mineral is not advisable since the properties of these waters have nothing similar (except perhaps the absence of "taste"). This marketing argument is worth nothing ... Then (so-called) ecolos who drink exclusively bottled water are not ecolos for me ...

Finally econologiquement I'm not sure that this technology is sound when you do the math (ecological and economic) specific cost of this technique compared not only to the quality of the water obtained but also compared to other techniques ( RO) ...
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 05/04/06, 10:21

Philflam wrote: J heard (apparently reliable source of) the BRITA filters are harmful to health.

I can not verify this information. Can you help me ?

Actually if not extended use there is a significant risk of bacterial growth in the cartridges of it ... was it that you heard about?
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby bebeours » 05/04/06, 10:49

Econology wrote:Actually if not extended use there is a significant risk of bacterial growth in the cartridges of it ... was it that you heard about?

Yes, it is clear that it is standing water, but under these conditions, many things is a hazard to health.
Otherwise, I think it's still better to drink filtered water than water that is not.
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 05/04/06, 10:58

bebeours wrote:Otherwise, I think it's still better to drink filtered water than water that is not.

For health yes that's certain! For your portfolio and the planet it is less ... and as the definition of econology takes into account these 2 aspects, I'm not sure that these filters are econological ...

For a family of over 4 person, osmosis € 300 and 50 6 € every month is much to me ... Of course it is best to live in an area where the tap water is "good "(Escape brittany : Mrgreen: ) as this the question does not even arise anymore ...
0 x
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby bebeours » 05/04/06, 11:00

How BRITA filter cartridge-free filter it keeps the bacteria?
Money has long been known for its antibactériels features, and activated carbon is used in BRITA filter cartridge had a special treatment with silver (treatment 'bacteriostatic') with the result that growth in bacteria in the filter cartridge is limited during the whole period of use. As the water in the decanter remains in contact with the filter cartridge, the cartridge remains hygienically safe! When the filter cartridge is not used during 48 hours, it is advisable to replace the water in the jug.

Here is a text that I found on the brita site.
After that I stopped talking about the health risk.

By cons, if someone could tell me what he thinks of the idea mentioned here above concerning supermarket bottles.
0 x

Back to "Water Management: pumping, drilling, filtration, well, recovery ..."