Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Water management: pumping, drilling, filtration, well, recovery ...Brita filters

Management, access and use of water you: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, remediation, recovery of rainwater. Recovery processes, filtration, decontamination, storage. Service water pumps. Manage, use, and conserve water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Targol » 11/07/08, 00:55

fabio.gel wrote:Have you tested the PH of your water before and after your filtration system?

I would be interested in the outcome?

Thank you

Anyway Citro results do not invalidate your experience of acidification by osmosis as it uses it, an active carbon filter.
There are osmosis filtration system format "under the sink"?
I thought it was bigger than that :|
0 x
"He who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is mad or an economist." KEBoulding

I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby I Citro » 11/07/08, 03:01

: Arrow: Yes there are small osmoseurs under sink.
like this one

Nothing to do with that I have .
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby little sparrow » 11/07/08, 09:30

Bonjour,

Tap water (not filtered)
pH = 7.6 (ideal)
Chlorine = 1.6 (there)

Water of my fountain (filtered)
pH = 7.4 (barely perceptible difference, or assay reagent unequal?)
Chlorine = 1.3 (same remark as for pH)

hi Citro,
I do not know what the composition of your cartridge filtration .... but I hope it is not activated charcoal .. !! ??
because such a result on chlorine is absolutely not consistent with activated carbon, which rightly has very good efficacy about it .. !!

but this filter is presented in "double action" (sediment + chlorine) ..., very puzzled in the light of this result before / after .............

@ Justemilieu ....;

I have already spoken suffisemment ... I'm not going to repeat every time ...
I said, after all .. "all ideas" ... and everyone thinks what he wants .......
If you want more information, more precisely, just you seek information from experts on the issue .....
(Not the aquarium ..)

@ Fabio.gel;

careful not to generalize a particular case, especially when one does not know the type of the device, its exact composition, its quality and performance levels, its use ....
because "bad" devices ..., it exists ... (counterfeit, low-end Chinese device ..), but without denying the case presented here and its impacts ....., it is not reasonable to judging a type of device in general ....... !!
(It is already not normal to have a pH as low output of osmosis .. !!!, therefore, doubt is widely allowed on the operation or quality of this device ... but not to question all devices of this type! )

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby jonule » 11/07/08, 09:48

Hello,
what should be a good PH then?
you advocated any other device? it makes a better PH?
does not the pH depend on the initial pH, or does the osmosis machine correct it automatically? how ,
merci
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby the middle » 11/07/08, 10:21

(It is already not normal to have a pH as low output of osmosis .. !!!, therefore, doubt is widely allowed on the operation or quality of this device ...

: Idea: ho! Perhaps he installed a adouciseur salt before ....
0 x

Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Targol » 11/07/08, 10:46

jonule wrote:Hello,
what should be a good PH then?

A neutral pH is 7,5 if I remember correctly.
It is best to approach the maximum.
0 x
"He who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is mad or an economist." KEBoulding
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby jonule » 11/07/08, 11:03

of 0 14 to is not 7 which is neutral?

good, if the water is re-mineralized via a tray with limestone "eg" (method of drinkable rainwater) is re-stabilized right?
0 x
discus62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby discus62 » 11/07/08, 11:30

Hello everyone, I am a newcomer, it's been a while since I course this week and for once I can perhaps bring something a discussion.

-The Performance of the reverse osmosis unit is very bad because for 1 liter of water osmosis requires a minimum of 4 liters of water, so it makes liters 3 who go down the drain.

-For Low PH is not so surprising since it's the water coming out of the membrane has a hardness that is carbonnatée zero, it was therefore no buffering and pH can vary énommément. And actually putting limestone rocks the PH should go quickly because the hardness will increase and stabilized the PH.

-For The difference between can have a reverse osmosis which is used in the aquarium and some domestic osmosis is that it can have a remineralization cartridge with the release of the membrane. If there is another difference I will like to know
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby I Citro » 11/07/08, 11:44

little sparrow wrote:Bonjour,

Tap water (not filtered)
pH = 7.6 (ideal)
Chlorine = 1.6 (there)

Water of my fountain (filtered)
pH = 7.4 (barely perceptible difference, or assay reagent unequal?)
Chlorine = 1.3 (same remark as for pH)

hi Citro,
I do not know what the composition of your cartridge filtration .... but I hope it is not activated charcoal .. !! ??
because such a result on chlorine is absolutely not consistent with activated carbon, which rightly has very good efficacy about it .. !!

but this filter is presented in "double action" (sediment + chlorine) ..., very puzzled in the light of this result before / after .............

My filter cartridge with many flight hours ... :|
This surely explains its lack of efficiency on the Chlorine ... :?
It seems that the media uses filtation "KDF" renowned.
I heard that activated charcoal could pose some problems ...

I have difficulties to stock up on replacement cartridges at the right price ... : Evil:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby the middle » 11/07/08, 11:51

:D Hello Discus, and welcome
Bin yes, I have the same opinion as you.
Good..for water drinkersA good reminder:
It is advised by (I forget which), change from time to time water mark ..Mineral history.
They are not the same from one region to another,
And eauuuu ferrrrrugineuse yes; no alcohol!
0 x

Back to "Water Management: pumping, drilling, filtration, well, recovery ..."