Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Ideas, inventions and innovations for sustainable developmentWood pellets for heating ...

Inventions and ideas for sustainable development.
lilian07
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Firelogs compressed for heating ...

Unread Messageby lilian07 » 10/12/16, 11:42

To me the paper whatever its form for combustion will always be bad and polluting. Better to recycle far more effective insulator in this area to benefit upstream of need.
Furthermore I am analyzing the pellet Chatelot too technical and therefore so too complex and too industrial, such as compressed log elsewhere. I imagine that a machine simpler more rustic which accept many forms of fuel would otherwise be too huge to be feasible or cost effective. In this area I do not see better than wood chips with the constraints and the ecological footprint we know. Finally I always will associate the latter system in addition to a more virtuous heating and especially last resort.
1 x

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 10/12/16, 14:07

Yes, I did "papercrete" tests: it is an interesting material and it is actually more productive to use the paper to keep the calories to produce them, but the practical application is, alas, not always possible.

I must say that in this project is the design and realization of the device to make the logs of paper using the latter that interests me ...
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
Petrus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby Petrus » 11/12/16, 18:54

The briquette press manual paper that I bought in a flea market did not resize well, so I made an upgrade:
presse.jpg

Scrap wood, threaded rods, some nuts and washers, a jalopy jack and voila! It compresses better and it can be used for other applications.
For now, I made briquettes food packaging boxes (box of pasta type, frozen pizzas ...) I spend in a paper shredder before you soak them.
combustion quality level is not great, it leaves a ton of ash but hey, it's burning, it's free and it rids me.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 11/12/16, 20:42

Well thought and simple improvement!
I emphasize the care to detail: the rubber pads underneath the set and tray designed to avoid splashing and collect the waste water ... 8)
0 x
Grelinette
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Grelinette » 11/12/16, 20:54

Petrus wrote:presse.jpg
Scrap wood, threaded rods, some nuts and washers, a jalopy jack and voila! It compresses better and it can be used for other applications.

The idea of ​​the car jack is excellent!

I'll throw myself and do the same press as yours, with a jack 5 tons and try a pressing my chips ... to experimental title. It just that I find quite solid box to accommodate the wood chips. At worst I'll make manufactured by a blacksmith ... (Ha la la, that experimental interesting DIY to do! ... I have no time to finish my current DIY (Do you remember my trailer electric bike), and that in other perspective.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The pursuit of progress does not exclude love of tradition"

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 11/12/16, 23:03

I doubt the success of this test, but you should use a round tube of a good caliber as "box": this is what is most solid there to contain the radial thrust due to its geometry. Buoyancy door on the bottom that does not need to be firmly secured to the tube (even simply juxtaposed) ...
0 x
Grelinette
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Grelinette » 13/12/16, 15:01

Ahmed wrote:... You should use a round tube of a good caliber as "box": this is what is most solid there to contain the radial thrust due to its geometry. Buoyancy door on the bottom that does not need to be firmly secured to the tube (even simply juxtaposed) ...

Thank you for the idea of ​​round metal tube, easy enough to find in an ironworker (a fall). Even 5 cm in diameter should be okay and improve compression: compressed logs market are hardly 8,5 cm in diameter.

I thought to add a binder to agglomerate the chips and overcome the lack of pressure enough to fuse the natural wood lignin. Since most of the chips come from softwoods (Aleppo pines), it is possible that the abundant resin contained in the wood (depending on the season of cutting) can agglomerate the chips in small bits.
Stay tuned! ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The pursuit of progress does not exclude love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 13/12/16, 19:28

I would take a much larger diameter, which would have three advantages: 1- introduction of easier material (especially since it is not very small fragments); 2- higher production per unit (adds value to the effort of the actuator, powerful but slow); 3- less handling and improved fire due to a larger unit volume.
The binder may be paraffin (?) ... The resin should not bring more cohesion ...
0 x

Back to "ideas, inventions and innovations for sustainable development"