Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

special motors, patents, fuel consumption reductionTips: reducing fuel consumption

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

Tips: reducing fuel consumption

Unread Messageby Christophe » 18/09/06, 22:00

Some tips to reduce your fuel consumption.

# Check the condition of your car regularly. For example, poorly inflated or worn tires will lead to fuel over-consumption, not to mention your safety!

# Do your engine maintenance regularly, a clean engine will not only pollute less but will also take you further. Knowing the eco-logical cost of making a car, believe us you will win.

# Wherever possible, allow to warm your engine before you start rolling. For example the start before you put your belt ... seconds heaters are never wrong. Do not "pull" on it when it is cold! This increases very significantly the engine wear and creates significant consumption.

# Drive smoothly, adhere to speed limits (which are not randomly defined at the fuel consumption level): you consume 40% less fuel, which results in less pollution and less risk of accidents.

# Avoid over-engine rpm. Very gourmant in fuel, not to mention premature wear, for a power by necessarily transmitted to the wheels. So use the reports wisely.

# Use the inertia of your vehicle (release) rather than the engine brake! So you can win in 10 20% in city anticipating good. But be careful that your safety comes first!

# In Paris, the average speed of the metro is 27 km / h and that of a car 18 km / h ... An average cyclist is thus almost as fast! You will save time to leave your car in the garage. Use the car only for long trips (> 10 km) and privilege, where possible, public transport or natural (biking and walking).

# For trips of less than two kilometers, try not to drive. It overconsumed (from 50% to 80%) and overpollue during the first kilometers (the catalytic converter is only effective after 7 km). You should know that 70% of the wear of an engine is during the first turns of the wheel ... As much starting less, it is as many miles possible before the breakage of your engine! It's up to you ...

# Optimize your route according to your activities. Think before you leave. Make your stops in a "logical" way according to the location of your activities. When you take your car, do several "things" at once and if possible on an optimized course. For example, do not go to the Post Office to send a single letter, but do it at the same time as going to your grocery store to wait a day or two (for non-urgent couriers). It's stupid and nasty but it will save you time, money and stress! Do not optimize at the extreme, otherwise the stress factor will lose ...

# On vacation, if you have a lot of luggage, opt for a trailer rather than a roof rack that increases fuel consumption more than the trailer

# Choose caravans instead of light cars and less greedy if you live in town. In the matter the rule is simple, the more a car is fat, the more it pollutes.

# If possible, arrange carpooling with your co-workers, with friends to take your children to school, with neighbors to do your shopping ... Indeed, in France, the average occupancy rate per vehicle is Of only 1,2 people! For this you can visit this website: Co-voiturage.fr

# Beware of toxic waste (oils, solvents, acid batteries ...). A liter of used engine oil thrown into the sewer pollutes about a million liters of water! If you do your interviews yourself, bring them to your waste collection center.

# At an equivalent cost and if possible, prefer the train rather than your car or plane.

# As a general rule and if possible, choose public transport: a car pollutes 10 to 20 times more than one bus per person transported (attention is true when public transport is filled, the average fill rate being 35 %). In addition the municipalities have made real equipment efforts in recent years ... why not take advantage of it?

More: https://www.econologie.com/polluer-et-co ... -1892.html
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 13: 15, 1 edited once.
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!

elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby elephant » 18/09/06, 22:49

Use the phone:

leave a book in the car: Check if your supplier has stock.

Confirm your business meeting the day before or the morning

Always walk with your calendar (first learn to use it, there are internships)

always ask his No. GSM to your "visited" when you are not very sure of where you go or arrive on time

"Take your toast," as the Belgian and Swedish.

feel free to pick up bread from the baker (if it was not necessary, here is very deep-frozen) or call your wife if you need to pass in a department store.

invest 250 euros in "reasonable food overstocks"
have a reminder in the kitchen
made a list for shopping
made the rounds of regular supplies: milk, water, bread, oil, vinegar, spices, rice, flour, sugar, wine, beer, etc ... making your list
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 19/09/06, 13:57

Uh, this is a Belgian elephant joke?
I did not understand the ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tips: reducing fuel consumption

Unread Messageby Woodcutter » 19/09/06, 17:39

Not bad, but I have a few comments to make ... : Wink:
Christophe wrote:Some tips to reduce your fuel consumption.

# Check the condition of your car regularly. For example, poorly inflated or worn tires will lead to fuel over-consumption, not to mention your safety!
Why would a used tire increase fuel consumption?

Christophe wrote:# Avoid over-engine rpm. Very gourmant in fuel, not to mention premature wear, for a power by necessarily transmitted to the wheels. So use the reports wisely.
I would add that a motor (especially turbo-fuel) has a better efficiency at full load in its zone of maximum torque than at partial load. So if one has to accelerate at the exit of a roundabout on an RN to reach 90 km / h, it is better to do it frankly and quickly reach a speed stabilized than timidly for longer but without yet climb high.

Christophe wrote:# Use the inertia of your vehicle (release) rather than the engine brake! So you can win in 10 20% in city anticipating good. But be careful that your safety comes first!
To qualify ...
If the slope or deceleration zone allows the use of engine braking on an oil allows to consume less than a period of "free wheel" because the engine brake, consumption is null, Which is not the case when is disengaged.

Christophe wrote:# Beware of toxic waste (oils, solvents, acid batteries ...). A liter of used engine oil thrown into the sewer pollutes about a million liters of water! If you do your interviews yourself, bring them to your waste collection center.
Moreover, it seems to me that a wild depot of oil drain is not only an environmental heresy, but also an offense, (to be verified).
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Targol » 19/09/06, 17:53

Christophe wrote:Uh, this is a Belgian elephant joke?
I did not understand the ... : Cheesy:

Ben no, what elephant meant (if I understood correctly) is that you can save by car even before To climb in.

Avoiding all these little trips "for nothing" because we forgot the bread, because we do not find the address where we go, because we realize when we eat we have not enough Slices of ham, etc ...

The principle is to optimize each trip by car in order to limit the number.

Re-read his message in this light, you will see, it will seem to you clearer 8)
0 x
"He who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is mad or an economist." KEBoulding

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 19/09/06, 17:57

Targol wrote:
Christophe wrote:Avoiding all these little trips "for nothing" because we forgot the bread, because we do not find the address where we go, because we realize when we eat we have not enough Slices of ham, etc ...

Ben ok but here https://www.econologie.com/polluer-et-co ... -1892.html Yet I read this well:

# Optimize your route according to your activities. Think before you leave. Make your stops in a "logical" way according to the location of your activities. When you take your car, do several "things" at once and if possible on an optimized course. For example, do not go to the Post Office to send a single letter, but do it at the same time as going to your grocery store to wait a day or two (for non-urgent couriers). It's stupid and nasty but it will save you time, money and stress! Do not optimize at the extreme, otherwise the stress factor will lose ...
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 13: 15, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 19/09/06, 18:04

Woodcutter wrote:Why would a used tire increase fuel consumption?

Less good grip, more sliding, less traction, more losses ... I'm wrong? Finally it is especially the aspect under inflated that plays in ... (one often goes in pairs with the other besides ...)

Woodcutter wrote:I would add that a motor (especially turbo-fuel) has a better efficiency at full load in its zone of maximum torque than at partial load.

Exactly, besides there would be a good product to develop in this regard: an indicator of optimum efficiency (style a led on on the dashboard that indicates when one is in the optimum range ...).

Woodcutter wrote:To qualify ...
If the slope or deceleration zone allows the use of engine braking on an oil allows to consume less than a period of "free wheel" because the engine brake, consumption is null, Which is not the case when is disengaged.

Yes, we already talked about it ... I'll correct it.
But your shade is only valid with modern vehicles not with the old to carbu and so all motorcycles too ...

In any case one uses its motor more in engine brake than in playing with the inertia ...

Woodcutter wrote:Moreover, it seems to me that a wild depot of oil drain is not only an environmental heresy, but also an offense, (to be verified).

You are very nice when you speak of heresy ... I would rather speak of crime. Yes for the offense but ... You must know the old adage "not seen not taken" ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Woodcutter » 19/09/06, 20:22

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Why would a used tire increase fuel consumption?

Less good grip, more sliding, less traction, more losses ... I'm wrong? Finally it is especially the aspect under inflated that plays in ... (the one often goes of pair with the other one elsewhere ...) [...]

OK for the lack of inflation (I did not say anything about it), but for the wear and tear, I am not really in your arguments, nor in the used relationship <=> badly inflated, knowing that A tire loses about 0,1 to 0,2 bar per month while it has a lifetime of several years ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby elephant » 19/09/06, 23:43

Super, Targol, you got it all!

Ben no, what elephant meant (if I understood correctly) is that you can save by car before you even get into it.

It is simply the result of many years of experience, rage, reflection, and above all .... errors ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
lol.2.dol

Unread Messageby lol.2.dol » 23/09/06, 14:25

I can post my first post on this forum here:

I will add to list:

Rolling open windows increases the consumption of 4% to 100km / h (read on the books of Renault cars). It is better to use ventilation (after I never knew too much if an air pollution or not. ..)

- Avoid excessive use of everything that is electric in car (portable recharge, DVD player, etc ...)

Here @ +
0 x