Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tipsHow to make a still? Plans and advice

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

How to make a still? Plans and advice

Unread Messageby renaud67 » 14/12/06, 16:02

Hi all,

we talked about in the wire on the nettle manure ...
a superb achievement here accompanied by a 'howto' : Cheesy:

it's beautiful 8)

It is possible to make any still with little things, like a pressure cooker, plastic buckets, a copper coil ... The option chosen here wants to be more serious, more technical, but proven. The stills described below work well and enable effective control of the finished product ... It is not about becoming intoxicated with his house hooch!

As you've already read, there are many types of stills, and it is possible to manufacture many models ...
Whoever wants to produce neutral spirits, build a reflux still or fractionating. If he wishes to produce flavored spirits (whiskey, fruit brandies ...), it will build a traditional alembic (pot still). The enthusiast will want two or three! We'll have to think from the beginning, as some parts are the same ... We can make early 2 2 bowls and flanges (or 3)!
Except for-yourselfer, it is best to start with a "pot still", which is less complicated!

You find here some tracks, but there are many others. While the following information has been proven by the New Zealand fans, we can not guarantee any results (depending on the skill and expertise of each).
We recall once again: if you live in a country where it is illegal: DO NOT DO IT !!!

It is impossible to explain everything by the text, therefore, observe the pictures, study the map ... and be sure to have understood before starting!

It is essential in any case to be a good handyman or get help.

Take your time: before embarking, it is imperative:
- Have all the necessary tools,
- Have all the necessary equipment,
- Depending on the material found, make a plan,
- If one begins (eg welding): training on waste.

There are a lot of websites that can explain the necessary plumbing basics, check them out!

But coming to the point: how to build a still?

The still: 3 parts

Your still will consist of 3 parts:
- The boiler: the pot in which it will heat up and boil the wort to be distilled.
- Column: the copper tube in which the alcohol vapors rise to the condenser. As said above, there are 3 column types: simple, reflux, fractionation.
- The condenser: As the name suggests, this is where the vapors condense into liquid alcohol. There are of two types: tube coil or tube (Liebig).
Materials :

This subject is very controversial even within the moonshiners community! The general opinion is to avoid contact between the vapors of alcohol and alcohol at a high% ABV with materials such as plastic, rubber and other synthetic material. Similarly, non-stainless steel, zinc, galvanized, aluminum ... are prohibited. Lead in solders is obviously to be avoided also.
To summarize, it is easier to retain what is "safe": stainless steel, copper, tin solders and silver, cork, paper and flour paste for joints. That's all! You people may find to say the silicone is safe, that this type of plastic is also ... But to put it bluntly: if one breaks the ass to make an artisanal product, so do not take risk to put the m ... e!
It is useful to organize:

- The boiler can be built entirely separately from the rest.
- The condenser can be built entirely separately from the rest.
- The boiler column link can be built entirely separately from the rest.
- The column of a still pot can be entirely constructed separately from the rest.
- The column of a still reflux can be built entirely separately from the condenser, since it requires a high accuracy of alignment of the cooling tubes with the condenser water inputs.

The following: http://www.fairesagnole.eu/page39/construire.html

Other Greenest stuff or do it yourself: tips-and-tricks-Greenest-vf61.html
https://www.econologie.com/shop/cote-cuisine-c-103
to its canned food

Edit: a small still available for sale: https://www.econologie.com/shop/alambic ... p-566.html

0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 14/12/06, 21:14

It is clear that it throws ... I like the title:

The amateur distillation
: Arrow: Do not make your booze yourself, it's illegal! : Arrowl:

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby jonule » 15/12/06, 11:15

there is also equipped cocotte minute method of a choo-choo and a pressure relief valve (almost mandatory if a pear-end butcher comes out the choo-choo), a pipe sticking out of the right of some choo-choo cm, an angle of 135 ° I believe, then redencente on a coil, air cooled or water ...
cooling (gently, too, is not fuel but the water VIE) vapors condense and fall drip.
beautiful illustrations on old dicos.

you have to climb VERY progrssevement t ° C if you want quality, with good fruit, to 88 ° c I think to separate the alcohol from the rest (of the water), you need a thermometer in direct output vapors .
let the first drops piss it's dangerous methanol for approximately 50ml 10kg of frutis?
then separate the drops falling with gender lenses No. 1, 2 No. etc, ranked from strong + at + low in alcohol content, dripping in the As or with alcoolmètre (20 €?). and was different contents alccol, brandy to the water, not to keep either the purpose of distillation.
we can re-distill Lots times.

What is distilled?
take suckers not damaged, cut the stalks and pile them was in a SEALED (beware lids have small holes was kind used vegetable oil cleaned, buy new "was maceration" 50 or 60L) crush everything and marinate. every day, stir everything with a suitable accessory made for the occasion, until it no longer ferments, forming a black layer on the surface: this is the time of distilelr, otherwise keep SEALED.

voila, I've seen him do a grandfather like that which explained 2 or 3 stuff!
the best is to see a pro, those who do it legally and show you gladly!
I do not know if "distiller" is in the directory ;-)
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How to build a still? Plans and advice

Unread Messageby Targol » 15/12/06, 11:33

renaud67 wrote:Hi all,
we talked about in the wire on the nettle manure ...

Yes, we talked about, I even took the pictures, and then ... I completely forgot.
As Renaud67'll talk, I offer my solution has the advantage of being much simpler and requires less material and technique.

The principle is simple: one minute standard casserole is used as boiler, it only remains to make the steam cooler ....

This is a 20l cannister plastic which has been cut up. Do not worry about whether it can is intended for food contact: your distillates are never in contact with it.
  • A hole is drilled to a centimeter 10aine the top of the can in order to make it fit a tube (left in photo).
  • This tube will be inserted instead of the needle on the pressure cooker. Shall be provided for high temperatures since it is the vapors that will go into it. We surrounded the tube a piece of electrical conduit (ICTA) to stiffen a bit (it softened with heat) and avoid burn by touching it.
  • If tube extends inside the container by a copper coil (made by winding a soft copper tube 4mm around a tin, a PVC pipe 10cm ...) which will serve as exchanger with water and can thereby cool the vapor.
  • another pipe (right) leaves the bottle in half a dozen centimeters from the bottom and receives a pipe through which the distillates are going out.
  • The last pipe is seen at the bottom is connected to a tap for emptying the can.
  • Note that the pipes were folded inside to the picture but normally they will outwardly.

Well, it'll just put a background of water in your pressure cooker, put your plants in the basket of the pressure cooker, close the lid, connect the hose to the needle, fill the container with cold water and light the fire (as would have said the tax Expatriate : Lol: )

Stir from time to time the water in the can to counter the natural convection and when it really gets too hot, empty in part (take the opportunity to do the dishes or wash your floor with, on energy prices , hot water, it is used !!!) and replace it with cold water.

I realized this device at one of the meetings organized by the association nettle which offers many botanical courses, awareness of biodiversity, etc ...
Last edited by Targol the 15 / 12 / 06, 14: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x
"He who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is mad or an economist." KEBoulding
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby jonule » 15/12/06, 13:34

I advise the wood stove for cooking, which allows all the same to master the t ° C through the draft moderator pane, and uses wood; good by cons must stay in front, but somehow it's like pasta: this is how we managed the -)
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/poele/poele.html

PS: Targol, "another pipe that comes out of the can half a dozen cm from the bottom", it is right on your picture, and not left as you say? Distillate + is necessarily lower than the arrival of vappeurs!
0 x

Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Targol » 15/12/06, 14:15

jonule wrote:I advise the wood stove for cooking, which allows all the same to master the t ° C through the draft moderator pane, and uses wood; good by cons must stay in front, but somehow it's like pasta: this is how we managed the -)
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/poele/poele.html

PS: Targol, "another pipe that comes out of the can half a dozen cm from the bottom", it is right on your picture, and not left as you say? Distillate + is necessarily lower than the arrival of vappeurs!

Of course, Jonule. Thank you for reporting this dumpling (corrected on the original post)
0 x
"He who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is mad or an economist." KEBoulding
conqueror
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby conqueror » 07/05/07, 16:52

Hello everyone
I look for documents on modeling of distilallation essential oils
0 x
Neville
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Neville » 19/06/07, 17:12

jonule wrote:you have to climb VERY progrssevement t ° C if you want quality, with good fruit, to 88 ° c I think to separate the alcohol from the rest (of the water), you need a thermometer in direct output vapors .
let the first drops piss it's dangerous methanol for approximately 50ml 10kg of frutis?

I am student in Chemistry and the thermometer is yes compulsory be aware that methanol has a high level of toxicity to the body methanol has a 64.6 ° C vaporizing temperature that means when your thermometer indicates 65 ° C is methanol that comes out !!! The ethanol alcohol drinks was at when he 78.4 a vaporization temperature ° C so it must wait until the melting temperature is at least 78 ° C !! But it is still indisosiable of ethanol by simple distillation !!
Last edited by Neville the 19 / 06 / 07, 17: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
Neville
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Neville » 19/06/07, 17:14

Fatih wrote:Hello everyone
I look for documents on modeling of distilallation essential oils

It's very hard to get to oil PUR, it will take you products such as cyclohexane to separate oil from water in it for the oil as pure as possible and then wash your oil to have no traces of cyclohexane
0 x
kanosensei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby kanosensei » 21/06/07, 13:02

I was wondering something.

How can we do to measure the temperature lorqu'on boiled in the pressure cooker?

Because if we want to remove the methanol, fit to 65 °
How do I know that is to know how 65 ° and get past the barrier of 78 ° ethanol.

Would you have a solution or something? Because it requires that the cooker is closed, or how to introduce a thermometer in it?

Thank you
0 x