Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tipsHow to make a still? Plans and advice

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Unread Messageby Bibiphoque » 19/08/08, 16:10

Hello,
If, on the condenser outlet is placed a vase overflowing and that you put scales alcohol, some have a near real-time quality control of its alcohol. (The output of the vase overflow from course to the vessel receiving the alcohol, must not "déjetter" as they say!)

These are the measuring instruments, thermometers (top of column) and weighs alcohol that allow for control over the quality of what we produce.

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)

Baldagadou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Baldagadou » 20/08/08, 09:37

Ok but on wikipedia and other sites I do not remember the source me it says:
"We must cut off the head and tail of the distillation" ie the first and last drop since the first drops are not ethanol but methanol and the latter are less fragrant and less alcoholic.

Where can I get a hydrometer to find the degree?
0 x
I ask to learn;)
Baldagadou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Baldagadou » 20/08/08, 09:39

excuse the flood but I forget to put the source of information

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouilleur_de_cru

here I know is Wikipedia but even if everyone can note things not seen her say it is unreliable.
0 x
I ask to learn;)
EnolaGay
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby EnolaGay » 28/08/08, 18:00

Hello, I have carefully read all the posts and I break myself some questions: Methanol! AAAH! As so aptly stated chatelot16 in a previous post, I quote: "the good fermentation should be that of ethanol." Question: How good fermentation!
Another question: How is made to know that we reach the end of distillation. Because if I understand, do not exéder the 78 °, or in any case not exceed 90 ° (If not has water that is harvested) Is must wait to 80 ° (about) until there is nothing that so?
Another question: I read a little higher, we just add yeast. Which ones?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Gregconstruct » 28/08/08, 18:28

Christophe wrote:: Arrow: Do not make your booze yourself, it's illegal! : Arrowl:

Who cares, we thirst ... : Lol:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!

Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Unread Messageby Bibiphoque » 29/08/08, 09:47

EnolaGay wrote:Hello,
... How do we do to know that we reach the end of distillation. Because if I understand, do not exéder the 78 °, or in any case not exceed 90 ° (If not has water that is harvested) Is must wait to 80 ° (about) until there is nothing that so?
Another question: I read a little higher, we just add yeast. Which ones?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hello,
As and when the march of the distillation, as the alcohol content is reduced, the temperature of the vapors will increase the column outlet, so the thermometer will warn the end of distillation.

Yeast is before distillation must be put in the sweet juice, beer yeast works very well.
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Boblamouche
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Boblamouche » 24/01/09, 18:04

Hello everybody!
voila, I started in the realization of a still, hence the "digging out" of this post ... took the jet plans www.fairesagnole.eu .

Everything was fine until this afternoon after I went looking the copper elements Fatche ... it's expensive !!

And as impossible to find such diameters in DIY stores ... I have found that the meter 22mm which earned me 16euros. I must go into the pros shop, its good that is not a problem.

The problem 56mm tube that will make my spine ... I believe in many 40euros m if I extrapolate the fallen 22mm.
- Knowing that I was "only" 150 euros budget and I have yet to find the boiler, the flop the link, and all fittings ... I will fast the past!

Then all his asked for the following: can I use an aluminum or stainless steel tube instead? or found and how soda-tone (or soldered-tone) these materials?

Here are my machine plan:

thank you for your answers, I started looking forward to! : Mrgreen:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby chatelot16 » 24/01/09, 21:52

copper is not a good material for a small column is too good conductor of heat

the purpose of the packed column is to let the luck water vapor to condense and down without ever ateindre the summit down the colone is hotter than the top

columns a chemistry distill his glass, and even a double wall improves the thermal insulation

not worth wasting time is to make a small copper column ineficace: so be content with a direct connection to the minute odds to coil

copper bit be a good material for a very large column

home the column are made with fluorescent tubes (neon) cut and washed to remove the AC fluorescent powder tube made of glass free: I make the connection with the end of silicone tubing

for garnish on the inside of the column is the chip ball in stainless steel to clean the pans
0 x
SixK
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby SixK » 24/01/09, 22:26

A neon tube as distilat !! :)
There Verily interest of well strip the tube. : Mrgreen:

When distilez remember the smell of alcohol is felt throughout the neighborhood if you are in town ....

Otherwise prevent yourself drinking your beverages directly to the output of the still ... A good alcohol needs a few years to be Verily drinkable. Unless you want to burn your stomach a kick ethers and other crap.

SixK
0 x
Boblamouche
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Boblamouche » 25/01/09, 17:45

chatelot16 wrote:copper is not a good material for a small column is too good conductor of heat

the purpose of the packed column is to let the luck water vapor to condense and down without ever ateindre the summit down the colone is hotter than the top

columns a chemistry distill his glass, and even a double wall improves the thermal insulation

not worth wasting time is to make a small copper column ineficace: so be content with a direct connection to the minute odds to coil

copper bit be a good material for a very large column

home the column are made with fluorescent tubes (neon) cut and washed to remove the AC fluorescent powder tube made of glass free: I make the connection with the end of silicone tubing

for garnish on the inside of the column is the chip ball in stainless steel to clean the pans

Ok I see! but the fluorescent tube ... not easy to handle and carry! ... what you think of a aluminum tube cools up by a coiled PVC tube coil around? I would include in that has the cooling system of my condenser!
PVC he would hold the heat ??
0 x