- kau 23/06/18, 10:05Use larger section cable? View the latest post Answers 7 Views 60
- KaazR59 23/06/18, 09:46Make leavened bread View the latest post Answers 39 Views 2720
- fl78960 23/06/18, 09:36Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio View the latest post Answers 10685 Views 496616
- inventor 23/06/18, 08:39New 4 stroke engine (in English) View the latest post Answers 665 Views 184488
- I'm just passing by 23/06/18, 04:55Nuclear and carbon: what releases in CO2 / kWh? Figures PWC, EdF, ADEME, Stanford ... View the latest post Answers 125 Views 3413
- izentrop 23/06/18, 00:54The dangers of homeopathy and food alternatives View the latest post Answers 124 Views 5813
- Flytox 22/06/18, 23:27[One other] Humor View the latest post Answers 12626 Views 1648400
- Moindreffor 22/06/18, 21:52The Potager du Sloth: the book View the latest post Answers 356 Views 18220
- nico239 22/06/18, 21:40Our pets (pictures or video) View the latest post Answers 425 Views 65178
- Moindreffor 22/06/18, 21:27My kitchen garden of the least effort View the latest post Answers 1 Views 50
- to be chafoin 22/06/18, 20:32Fight effectively against slugs! View the latest post Answers 114 Views 3444
- nico239 22/06/18, 20:00Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ... View the latest post Answers 99 Views 1646
- Christophe 22/06/18, 16:21Manufacture a multilayer tube straightener. View the latest post Answers 7 Views 166
- Diabolorent 22/06/18, 08:06New lazy 04 kitchen garden View the latest post Answers 41 Views 1927
- Remundo 21/06/18, 22:51Volkswagen Golf GTE85 MORE: Hybrid multifuel SYCOMOREEN View the latest post Answers 42 Views 4535
- olivier75 21/06/18, 20:18The garden of a lazy we occasionally. View the latest post Answers 449 Views 17929
- Did67 21/06/18, 08:07The garden of the lazy brothers! View the latest post Answers 56 Views 2676
- nico239 21/06/18, 00:19Botanical Garden 900m altitude View the latest post Answers 57 Views 1089
- izentrop 20/06/18, 23:43Cold roof or hot roof? View the latest post Answers 5 Views 370
- perseus 20/06/18, 17:39Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, what's a financial bubble? Explanations in 5 minutes chrono! View the latest post Answers 381 Views 16918
- Ahmed 20/06/18, 11:54Palm oil: the sad renunciation of Hulot View the latest post Answers 74 Views 1297
- izentrop 20/06/18, 09:032017 NIKOLAJ STEAM GENERATOR View the latest post Answers 19 Views 2452
- nikolaj 20/06/18, 06:10Help for water doping my engine View the latest post Answers 6 Views 814
- nico239 20/06/18, 01:54Vegetable garden of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m) View the latest post Answers 757 Views 28401
- dellastrada 20/06/18, 00:37Rehabilitation of a hydraulic mill View the latest post Answers 3 Views 95
- posts: 46993
- Registration: 10/02/03, 14:06
- Location: Greenhouse planet
- x 407
- Contact :
- posts: 46993
- Registration: 10/02/03, 14:06
- Location: Greenhouse planet
- x 407
- Contact :
"The PC, post-combustion, is to continue burning outside the combustion chambers by injecting new kerosene in the flue gas. But then that one uses a catalyst that is just ... water. the post combustion be done with water injection. (&&& question, what is the mass of water shipped a Mirage III to power its PC?).
When I was twelve, during a visit to the aviation salon who was at the time in Paris at the Grand Palais I asked an American presenter what was the water in post systems combustion, a fairly recent introduction. He replied that it meant to break hydrocarbon molecules and improving combustion. (&&& Again, welcome details on what is known of the post combution mechanism. Percentages unburned, with and without water injection, etc). "
"As far as I know, the energy released only comes from burning kerosene and not of this ... water, having also the opportunity to become electrically charged, acts as a catalyst. (&& Other questions passage at engine manufacturers: how effectively is water in these afterburner There he electrification middle water does play a role simply because of the dipole nature of his.? molecule ? )"
"These opposite circulations cause a separation of electric charges, generates strong electric fields. In a cloud the breakdown occurs when the field is between 100.000 volts per meter and a megavolt per meter. The storm cloud is thus transformed into dynamic capacitor. the load separation is maintained by the upward movement. the only way to "discharge the capacitor" is the grounding, ie "grounded." to do this requires a conductive line and it will constitute the form of electric arc. This is lightning. He will breakdown, disruption, creating a thin very highly ionized channel, joule heated. This heating is so intense that the sudden expansion said channel gives rise to a shock wave called thunder. There is the visible lightning, outside the cloud, but the whole cloud-capacitor is covered by mini-arcs that are trying to restore its neutrality electrical, partially, since the same cloud can function repeatedly. The upward movement of humid air charging the capacitor, etc. It is a multi-shots capacitor, which stops working when the air upward movement fades.
I wonder if this "Pantone reactor" does not work on the scheme, with electrification of the air and mist of water droplets sent downstream from the carburetor. If that were the case, would the electric field created a powerful effect on combustion, playing a catalytic role. This would explain the very significant drop in pollution. Normal: they burn more fuel.
I think (but I could be wrong) the remarkable effectiveness of the "Pantone engine" comes from the fact that it would implement an extremely clever electro catalysis. more adequately It could be called:
electrodynamic catalyzed system "
"I think this idea of using a water vapor mist as the catalyst, possibly with electrification, is interesting and could have industrial applications well above the lawn mower, tractor, resuscitation of a vehicle out of age. despite the obvious reduction of consumption and pollution, which attracted a certain defiance against the "Pantone reactor" (the name is well chosen) is the myth that "motor water. ""
"If there's electrifying one wonders if this will not create nitrogen oxides, thus generating a new pollution. We note in passing that the nitric oxide NO is the molecule that, in the air , has the lowest ionization potential, gives the most easily free electrons where, conversely, NO + ions, but the pollutant is NO2 which, mixed with water gives NO3H nitric acid ( "acid rain").
All this is to consider, measure, quantify, which should not be complicated. some tinkerers have made measurements of voltages and obetenues values and amperage. But this error were "cross" tensions, according to the direction perpendicular to the axis of the "reactor". This is the axial field we would like to know. But beware: measurement of DDP in a two-phase fluid or plasma, plasma if there is not without pitfalls. Beware the "shadowing" (spherical shielding). Can be simple electric conductivity measurement, change of materials for the coaxial tubes.
It is stated that the circulation of flue gases must be the reverse of that of the water mist. This would militate in the direction of electrification of the environment was not a simple heat transfer, which would be independent of the direction of gas flow. "
Water injection has already been discussed at length in the turbomachinery Aeronautics PMC forum YAHOO FRANCE, I'll be brief:
Increased yields latest generation of turbomachinery and alloys have contributed to the abandonment of the water injection.
There were two types of water injection:
Injection into a supperior floor of HP compressuer which had the effect of increasing the gas mass input of the combustion chambers and "wrong" and the FCU (Fuel Control Unit) thereby increasing the mass of fuel injected QC. The effect of cooling NGV and HP turbine was incidental. A B747 100-equipped Pratt & Wittney JT9 consumed about 500 kg of demineralized water by engine on takeoff, the unused amount was shipped immediately drained not déterriorer circuits by frost and do not carry unnecessary load.
The water-methanol injection directly into the combustion chambers brought an energy increase (from methanol) + a water cooling. - RR DART turboprop Fokker 27 / Breguet Alizé - The shipped water could be retained for another takeoff.
In 2 cases water injection was not used routinely but uniqument when short track or high load.
Post combustion has absolutely nothing to do with the injection of water or with cathalyseurs. It is not only used as the turbo-reactors. On "burns" at the rear of the turbine of the fuel with conbustion is managed by a controller which controls the fuel flow and the pressure in the nozzle by controlling flaps (eyelids or shells) at the rear thereof. It is this expansion that provides additional thrust from the price of an exponential consumption.
The only civilian engine to be equipped with Post-Combustion was the Olympus RR - SECMA (Concorde). It was an all-or-nothing PC / takeoff unlike most military engines that have a modular boost usable in all phases of flight.
The operating time of the PC are tracked seconds.
Question, what is the mass of water shipped a Mirage III (Motor ATAR 9B or 9C SECMA) to power its PC? ..... 0 Kg !!!
Who is online ?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and guest 1