Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ...Moisture problems, absence of vmc

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
irga
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Moisture problems, absence of vmc

Unread Messageby irga » 04 / 09 / 17, 17: 37

Hello everyone, I just arrived on this forum. I am interested in a subject in this forum about CMV. I live with my father who will have 76 years. He has health problems (kidney failure). I live at home for financial reasons. But her home does not have a CMV. There is no aspiring guest either in the kitchen. He changed the doors and windows that were made of wood to have PVC. Sometimes the hinges do not rotate any more and tear when a door is opened. My father repaired, but my father did not react. For him a VMC is useless. There is water in winter at the bottom of the doors and windows, in some places it's black. with fog in winter. To cook food in the kitchen I am obliged to open the kitchen door even in winter, to prevent the walls from getting wet. For him the solution is to put the heating. At this moment the remote control of the TV works badly, there is water in it. Every time I tell him that it comes from the humidity of the house it makes him angry. He is stubborn. For me the only time when one could install a vmc is unfortunately when he died. I do not wish his death, but this situation makes me angry with more a depression. For him, I am wrong and he is right. Even by proposing to him to pay the expenses of works he does not yield. How long can it last, after how long can the house hold under these conditions before work is urgent? Thank you for your reply. : Cry:
0 x

Christophe

Re: Moisture problems, lack of vmc

Unread Messageby Christophe » 04 / 09 / 17, 17: 57

Hi and welcome here,

When was the installation of the PVC frames?

Condensation at the bottom of the doors is not normal (especially if the PVC is modern), is there any air leakage (faulty laying?).

Condensation is less related to too much moisture than a cold surface problem, below the dew point, and it condenses ... (the air will never contain more water than it can contain ... at 100% RH one is at 18g of water / m3 at 20 ° C) ... and a VMC will not change much.

On the other hand it is absolutely necessary to ventilate the rooms of water (bathroom and kitchen) ... because they create moisture in suspension (fog, steam ...) which will be added to the 18 g / m3 see molle curve: fixtures-injection water / moisture-curve-de-saturation-of-the-air-and-rh-mollier-t5928.html )

How much and how is heated the house because if it is badly heated, it will condense and this even if the house is well ventilated ...

Otherwise you measured the humidity in% RH? What is the result?
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banks, buy bitcoins!
irga
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby irga » 04 / 09 / 17, 18: 21

pvc doors have 10 years. I do not think there are any defects; Except that my father has surely asked that some ventilation at the top of the windows be not as in the kitchen. I do not know how to measure the humidity in the house, nobody came for that besides. Yes the water rooms and kitchen are airing the best I can. The house is heated with electricity, for a temperature (in winter) about 25 degrees.
the house had a ventilation (it had 40 years) but the evacuation was done in the attic. So it created problems. My father deleted him because of that. Since for him it is finished.
the house also has rolling shutters laid at the same time as the windows. They also have problems, one day in the winter shutters froze and broke when opening. The repairers asked if there was a VMC. I replied with no great regret.
0 x
irga
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby irga » 05 / 09 / 17, 17: 23

I look at the link with the curve and the graph but these documents do not allow me to find what corresponds to my home; to tell the truth I do not understand. I just described the problems in a concrete way.
0 x
Oc raph
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Oc raph » 11 / 12 / 17, 22: 35

irga wrote:I look at the link with the curve and the graph but these documents do not allow me to find what corresponds to my home; to tell the truth I do not understand. I just described the problems in a concrete way.

Hello,
This problem of humidity is well linked to a lack of air renewal. Indoor air is at 25 ° c. This air may contain more water (in grams) than colder air. In short, cold air taken on the outside and warming up, will be much drier than the indoor air and thus reduce the risk of condensation. In addition, the development of mold is a significant health risk and a risk for the structure (development of whiting or fungi).
To limit these risks, it is necessary to ventilate and, when possible, to isolate it from the outside (one thus avoids the bad workmanship during the installation of the vapor barrier).
Good luck
0 x