Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

The bistro of the site, leisure and relaxation, humor and friendlinessA strange water stain: a "Sauron eye" in my living room?

The developments of the forum and site. Humor and conviviality among members of the forum - Everything is anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, leisure, recreation, sports, vacation, passions ... What do you do in your free time? Exchange Forum passions, activities, leisure or recreational ... creative!
Christophe

A strange water stain: a "Sauron eye" in my living room?

Unread Messageby Christophe » 23/02/18, 13:00

I had a rather strange stain of water (snow residue) :) in my living room this week. Bigre I have a Sauron eye in my living room? : Cheesy:

It's beautiful nature (when you pay attention)! But how to explain this phenomenon?

Surely to see with the surface tension and / or a very particular geometry of the drop of water (precise volume so that it is placed in dome "perfect" / gravity / viscosity of the water / friction of the soil ... ) but can this explain the triple crown? The floor is laminate type MDF ...

If there are no explanations, bin will call the Vatican? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

The total diameter of the puddle is about 30 mm ... I did not measure the height (in the 5 mm I would say)

Oeil_tache.jpg

It dried "in the state" but was a little damaged:

Oeil_tache_sec.jpg
1 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!

thibr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: A strange water stain: a "Sauron's eye" in my living room?

Unread Messageby thibr » 23/02/18, 13:33

perhaps there is also a link with the relief and ripples when the drop hits the ground?
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 23/02/18, 14:56

In this case it is not a drop of water that fell (which would have been a big drop since the stain is 30 mm diameter : Cheesy: ) but snow that I had stuck to the shoes (hence the dirt also in the water)
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby sen-no-sen » 23/02/18, 15:56

Pretty phenomenon of self-organization!
I do not know if it's the eye of Sauron but it comes in the field of pareidolies *.

*One pareidolia is a kind of optical illusion that involves associating a formless and ambiguous visual stimulus with a clear and identifiable element, often a human or animal form.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Par%C3%A9idolie
1 x
"Genius sometimes consists of knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 23/02/18, 16:23

This is certainly not the eye of Sauron since he is reptilian! But can be a cousin! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Ok to classify this in pareidolia but this does not explain how it was formed ...
0 x

sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby sen-no-sen » 23/02/18, 17:03

Christophe wrote:This is certainly not the eye of Sauron since he is reptilian! But can be a cousin! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Ok to classify this in pareidolia but this does not explain how it was formed ...

As you rightly noted, this phenomenon is certainly related to the prevailing tensions in the drop of water.
The water seems liquid, but it is enough to observe an ant drink (or eat?) A drop to understand that it has small scale as a kind of molasses.

In the case of your puddle, it is found that the iris is formed in the 2 / 3 area from the center, that is to say in the area where the water is the thickest.
The ratio of tension between the dust and the body of water to favor their distributions within the puddle.
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 23/02/18, 22:32

sen-no-sen wrote:In the case of your puddle, it is found that the iris is formed in the 2 / 3 area from the center, that is to say in the area where the water is the thickest.
The ratio of tension between the dust and the body of water to favor their distributions within the puddle.

Ok but how to explain the triple crown? Dust of different size?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby sen-no-sen » 23/02/18, 23:33

Christophe wrote:Ok but how to explain the triple crown? Dust of different size?

Probably.
The distribution of the dust being distributed according to the surface tensions in the different zones of the puddle.
Front view the puddle forms a kind of flattened dome, it is most likely the curvature of this one that has generated the distribution of dust.

Drop of liquid placed on a solid surface forming a contact angle at equilibrium θe.
When γsv> γsl + γ, the surface is called high energy and the liquid tends to spread on it. In this case, we speak of a wetting or hydrophilic surface. The contact angle is less than 90◦. In the case where θ = 0◦, wetting and total.

Drop flattened on the solid surface, θ = 0◦, case of a total wetting.
Conversely, if γs1> γsv + γ, the liquid tends to form small droplets whose contact angles are much larger and greater than 90◦. The wetting in this case is partial. In order to determine whether or not a drop will spread on a substrate, it is necessary to consider the spreading parameter S which represents the difference in energy between a dry and wet substrate. This parameter is defined by the following relation:
S = γsv - (γsl + γ)

To know more:http://physique.unice.fr/sem6/2014-2015/PagesWeb/PT/Rigidite/tension.html
0 x