Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

The bistro of the site, leisure and relaxation, humor and friendlinessReflection on political will

The developments of the forum and site. Humor and conviviality among members of the forum - Everything is anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, leisure, recreation, sports, vacation, passions ... What do you do in your free time? Exchange Forum passions, activities, leisure or recreational ... creative!
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Reflection on political will

Unread Messageby Bibiphoque » 20/08/04, 11:45

: Huh:
Hello,
For some time now, surfing the net, I find a lot of articles, patents, methods and others allowing for YEARS to decrease if not to suppress the need for fossil fuel for the production of energy and transport, There seems to be a proper way of using nuclear power without producing these very long-lived wastes that poison our environment.

It seems to me, even at the risk of being cataloged in anarchists, that the major obstacle to the development of these techniques is a genuine political will to change the current system, the only pseudo-advances have been, for example, the use of Catalytic converters, which are just a go-ahead for vehicles.
Political power does not in fact have any power over the power conferred on it by the power of money, as evidence of the examples of societies OBLIGATING their workers to accept the loss of social benefits which they have durably acquired in the past on the pretext of profitability: the no Productive laws impose their laws on workers. (Examples in Germany and no doubt, the folds being taken soon in Europe)
While it is well-known that these companies make significant profits, and that their "debts" are often due to financial tricks well tied up in relocation, transfer of production etc.
The politicians are supposed to represent their own elite, ie we, not the financiers, why no real action is taken to IMPOSE to the industries the use of certain processes? It is obvious that the economy must not be collapsed because the transition must be smooth, impose a radical and immediate change, but must mark a genuine desire for reasoned change in terms of sustainability and obtain These changes by the political power actually representing the citizens.
B) B) B)
A+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)

Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Christine » 21/08/04, 21:10

Ohlala, what do I agree with you!

I would like to be able to paste here two graphics published in "La revue durable" but the forum does not allow it (but I will probably do one of these days in an article).

The first shows "the evolution of the final price of energy and labor costs" between 1985 and 2001.
Heating oil: -54%
Natural gas: -41%
Electricity: -48%
Work (salary + charges): + 66%

The reasoning of the manager is simple: save on the job that increases the most, ie work! On the other hand it is human: saving energy involves studies, changing machines, reorganizing the company, the risk that the price of energy increases ... in short it involves costs. On the other hand it is so much simpler (and more economical) to put the pressure on the employees!

The second graph shows "Labor, Energy and Materials Productivity in US Industry" in 1950, 1970 and 1997.
The productivity of 1950 is taken as 100 base. In 1997:
Energy: approx. 110
Raw materials: approx. 110
Human work: 340!

It is that the pressure on the employees, it works! It does not cost anything, but what does it cost?

I see in these graphs the confirmation of what I see every day: work-related ill-being, precariousness, distancing social bonds. And one solution: to stop people from being maddened and to focus on growth (that is, growth but not the issue today) that allows people to live better and no Consume more . Productivity gains in energy use are part of this. This is where the economy and ecology come together (who said "econology"? That's good, you follow :P )

But to impose ... hmm ... personally I am quite allergic to obligations (who said "anarchist"?) And I still hope to convince or incite. I've been told that my optimism will lose me ...
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Unread Messageby Bibiphoque » 23/08/04, 09:16

: Huh:
Hello,
I also notice that when the price of diesel increased, the truckers put the brothel .... and it worked !!
Moreover, most of the "ecological" taxes we impose serve only downstream of consumption, while their cost would be much less if they were applied upstream (ie during production). I find this system particularly Malhonete !! It perverts the very meaning of the approach, pollutes, then pays to depolluer: angry:
As for patience, it is what grieves me, by dint of waiting, nothing is done ... <_ <
A+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Christine » 23/08/04, 10:25

Yes, the truckers have broken in by annoying all the others! Road transport is the main source of pollution in CO2 etc. They have defended their particular interests and thus continue to pollute cheerfully instead of developing less polluting transports or to try to rationalize aberrations (style a French potato sent to Italy to be conditioned before returning to be marketed to 30 bollards of its place of production!)!

As for ecological taxes, of course they are just "permits to pollute". But did I defend them? Did I say that nothing should be done? It is not because one thinks that cutting off the head of the king is not a good thing that one is royalist for that matter! We must stop with the "who is not with me is against me"! That's a bin Laden reasoning. Basta of the ayatollas of the ecology!

Evolution is not revolution!

Good reasons does not excuse unreason!
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Unread Messageby Bibiphoque » 24/08/04, 07:49

: Blink:: huh:;) :P :D
Hello,
My remark was of a general nature, I did not in any way question a particular person, (mode humor on: that feels stung, scratches! :P ) Mode humor off, and I go out .... B)
A+
0 x