- dirk pitt 22/03/18, 10:59The power (watt) of the man View the latest post Answers 18 Views 237
- dirk pitt 22/03/18, 10:08Need advice ... What settings for a pellet boiler? View the latest post Answers 51 Views 1883
- Eric DUPONT 22/03/18, 08:35Liquid nitrogen generator engine View the latest post Answers 75 Views 1813
- Flytox 22/03/18, 00:10[One other] Humor View the latest post Answers 12381 Views 1576476
- izentrop 21/03/18, 23:24Monsanto Roundup deadly to humans - Glyphosate View the latest post Answers 234 Views 32508
- moinsdewatt 21/03/18, 22:30Hydroquest tidal turbines View the latest post Answers 2 Views 22
- moinsdewatt 21/03/18, 22:15Solar road Ségolène laughing View the latest post Answers 122 Views 9809
- Moindreffor 21/03/18, 20:21New vegetable garden View the latest post Answers 6 Views 363
- green68 21/03/18, 18:43A Kitchen Garden Sloth in the Hérault (St-Chinian) View the latest post Answers 45 Views 3205
- Ahmed 21/03/18, 18:16The waste is the raw material of the XXI century View the latest post Answers 10 Views 1279
- Moindreffor 21/03/18, 17:06Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio View the latest post Answers 9819 Views 405697
- izentrop 21/03/18, 10:48Photovoltaic Resistive Cost Effective View the latest post Answers 150 Views 4282
- Remundo 21/03/18, 08:24air engine Aimé Rousseau of 60 years View the latest post Answers 3 Views 16545
- Did67 20/03/18, 14:15Potager lazy in the Lot-et-Garonne - clay soil, life to restore- View the latest post Answers 22 Views 1543
- sen-no-sen 20/03/18, 11:02How Russian power is using the Internet to try to destabilize Western democracies .. View the latest post Answers 4 Views 168
- dirk pitt 20/03/18, 10:11Oil: when there are more, there are still View the latest post Answers 87 Views 32686
- Stef72 19/03/18, 19:45A vegetable lazy Sarthe View the latest post Answers 295 Views 15381
- Did67 19/03/18, 18:59A vegetable lazy in Charente-Maritime View the latest post Answers 79 Views 5954
- Gaston 19/03/18, 11:57electric car and transport, wire news View the latest post Answers 407 Views 15738
- denis17 18/03/18, 17:20The vegetable garden of the lazy Breton View the latest post Answers 66 Views 5382
- moinsdewatt 18/03/18, 14:05Rare earth: not so rare it View the latest post Answers 32 Views 2817
- sen-no-sen 18/03/18, 13:27François Roddier, thermodynamics and society View the latest post Answers 404 Views 39252
- Did67 18/03/18, 11:03THE FOUNDATIONS OF A GOOD CULTURE OF PLANTS View the latest post Answers 22 Views 909
- Did67 18/03/18, 10:37Emission of smoke boiler Okofen View the latest post Answers 61 Views 9947
- BP86 17/03/18, 21:52Self-construction burner pellet REPLICA View the latest post Answers 31 Views 3837
The bistro of the site, leisure and relaxation, humor and friendliness ⇒ RE Be citizens: pollute more!
"The measures favoring the purchase of less greedy vehicles had already been dropped
In June all media reported noisily that heavy-duty vehicles would be taxed on the purchase and that the proceeds of this tax would be redistributed as a rebate to those who would choose to buy a low-consumption vehicle . This measure had the double interest of dissuading (a little) those who choose "unnecessary" pollution (style the 4-4 in town) and give a "boost" to those who have the means to Pay "only" a small car.
But in July, the project was set aside because it led to a drop in fuel consumption and therefore a fall in state revenues.
We are forced to consume and pollute more! "
Lowering speed due to road safety campaigns, fuel prices etc. led to a decrease of 1% of fuel consumption. Good news from the point of view of polluting emissions but catastrophe for the coffers of the State which end up with a drop of income and a hole of 1 billion which did not return.
How can this shortfall be filled? The government believes that the answer is to fuel fuel consumption.
How to go up consumption, which has bad press, without becoming unpopular? The Answers6: make sure people do not notice it and invent a bogus trick.
And this is how by forcing motorists to roll lights on they are forced to consume more fuel.
What is perverse in this story is that:
1) The safety of other users is sacrificed on the altar of money and electoral popularity
2) We pass a varnish of good feelings (so-called security, etc.) on motivations not pretty-pretty. (And we take people for cons.)
3) We still make the choice of oil instead of trying to get out of this spiral that we constantly denounce on economics.
I hope I have not been too long, but it seems important to me because it is very representative of our society that walks on the head.
There must be aberrations of this kind in Belgium, but I am not aware of it, the Belgians being (as far as I know) a bit sleepy compared to the French and less subject to the popular uprising ... But I will take an example Seems to me critical: our freeways are always free, people who do not have cars contribute for the maintenance of roads well broken by heavy goods ... In short I think we can talk about an aberration ... But we do not hear (to my knowledge) any political party talking about a project of paid motorways. No doubt for fear of the virulent reaction of the road transport sector.
- this would significantly reduce traffic and encourage people to limit their travel and carpooling.
- it would encourage people to take the train, especially the commuters
- this would make it possible to improve public transport by allocating part of the revenue
- citizens who do not have a car would no longer be penalized ...
- this would make roads safer thanks to better maintenance ... more secure roads = (?) Fewer traffic jams
- and with a little luck it would decrease the number of trucks on the roads, so even greater safety! In any case this would make freight transport by rail / water more competitive, even if everything is to be thought!
- it would create employment: maintenance of roads and posts at tolls (although in my opinion, it is a lure to think that this kind of jobs improves the quality of life: rolleyes :)
PS: I want to clarify that I have a car .....
The toll motorway in Belgium is simply unfeasible in the sense that given the number of entrances and exits, the infrastructure would be huge and its cost would make the operation unprofitable. The only way would be to use a sticker, as in Switzerland, but again, it would take infrastructure at the borders to sell these vignettes! Yet, that would create employment ....
A + B)
Who is online ?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and guests 2