Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Agriculture: problems and pollution, new technologies and solutionsA vegetable lazy in Charente-Maritime

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: A vegetable garden in Charente-Maritime

Unread Messageby Did67 » 31/05/18, 12:47

denis17 wrote:I specify a small thing, the opening of the chassis is facing south (a few degrees), so level of sunshine, it's not bad, but it's on, we can always do better : Mrgreen:
Denis

The "format" a little éflanqué is then perhaps rather due to the density, too strong. The plants take the light off each other and lie down to get the upper hand!
0 x

denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby denis17 » 02/07/18, 12:20

A point on my garden at the beginning of July:

Let's start with the garlic, the "rust" has taken over, I think, following the repeated rains of this beginning of the year, but the harvest to come seems to me well above last year. I started to pick up some shallots to see what's going on, 4 feet picked up, a rotten 75% that I have not put in the picture, and the 3 others, for cons, I'll wait for the middle / end week to pick up the rest because it is very wet given the storms of the past two days.

IMG_20180702_102940.jpg
shallots

Garlic and onions, I continue to grow, the stems are not dry.

IMG_20180702_102955.jpg
Garlic and onions with rust

A point concerning planting in pots this year, the soil used, yet stamped balanced in NPK, is shown below all, all seedlings were rickety, wet weather and lack of brightness may have been contributing , but surely not that ... and so next year, change of option.
In this picture, a lot of cucurbitaceae, not in advance, and whose flowers abort (3 on 4 on the first), but the season is just beginning for me, so do not panic.

IMG_20180702_103011.jpg
cucurbit

Strawberries, transplanted last year, are gaining volume, enough strawberries, but still satisfies the result as more numerous and more beautiful than last year, I will say that the treatment 100% BRF was positive : Wink:

IMG_20180702_103059.jpg
strawberries

A point on green manure, I think I will do it again next year, by cons, I would probably only cucurbit plants, which will eventually bring a correct coverage of the soil, this is of course a completely personal opinion : Cheesy:
All the seedlings of carrots, radishes, leeks gave nothing in the green manure (be careful, I do not give cause to effects), on the other hand, the green beans gave very well, even if I sowed a Tiny too loose, they are excellent and it is the 5ème cuisine that I pick up. To do again, and in greater quantity. The on the photo, we see that they took a good sunburn.

IMG_20180702_103110.jpg
contenders (green beans)

On the other hand, a cucurbitace that grew alone, I thought it was a zucchini in the beginning before seeing the vegetable, suddenly, I do not know what it is ...

IMG_20180702_103119.jpg
the unknown of the garden

A second batch of cucurbits including water melons to make an excellent jam, finally if there is any : roll:

IMG_20180702_103203.jpg
cucurbitaceae, second batch

And to finish the tomatoes, all the feet grow well, some green tomatoes, the flowers arrive more and more numerous, it remains only to wait ... As for the late blight, a small attack without consequence following the strong Spring rains, fortunately I still had plants, I was able to help the neighbor who had a little luck.

IMG_20180702_103212.jpg
tomatoes

Finally, all the seedlings in pots were homemade, hence a delay in ignition, next year, I persevere.

Denis
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby denis17 » 07/07/18, 17:10

Bonjour à tous
Already back on my wire, this time, to announce the end of the grubbing of shallots. I could not do less than last year, or all of the planted 250gr had melted.
And so this year, with also 250gr planted, the small result is 1kg shallots picked up, average small, which is already much better than last year, experience to redo next year by doubling quantities : Wink:

IMG_20180707_163745.jpg
shallots

Denis
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby phil53 » 08/07/18, 07:50

denis17 wrote:Bonjour à tous
Already back on my wire, this time, to announce the end of the grubbing of shallots. I could not do less than last year, or all of the planted 250gr had melted.
And so this year, with also 250gr planted, the small result is 1kg shallots picked up, average small, which is already much better than last year, experience to redo next year by doubling quantities : Wink:

IMG_20180707_163745.jpg

Denis

A little further north, in the 44, mine are also ridiculously small, garlic too.
Red onions a little bigger tend to rise.
0 x
Did67

Unread Messageby Did67 » 10/07/18, 12:18

For shallots, it will be, at home, "pretty much the same"!

So I'm very, very far from years past, where I filled crates ...

To put on the account of "the tropical episode" that we knew, which did not agree to this species, especially, I think, under permanent cover! Cycle shortcut. Beginning of foot rot

Next year, you can hope, if the year is "more normal", harvest what I photographed in the past years!
0 x

nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nico239 » 10/07/18, 17:01

Unfortunately ditto for our potatoes .... I do not say that everything is lost but too much rain has made everything yellow and it is not brilliant at the moment .... or a late recovery? Who knows ... but the land is still VERY wet under the straw without any watering since 15 days and with 40 in the sun since ... : Shock:
0 x
"A tool that does not consume energy and respects soils is what? Ben is a tool that does nothing "(quote conference François Mulet)
Moindreffor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Moindreffor » 11/07/18, 14:12

nico239 wrote:Unfortunately ditto for our potatoes .... I do not say that everything is lost but too much rain has made everything yellow and it is not brilliant at the moment .... or a late recovery? Who knows ... but the land is still VERY wet under the straw without any watering since 15 days and with 40 in the sun since ... : Shock:

I too harvest ridiculous pdt, saw what froze, for against here it's dry under the hay, 2 thunderstorms and nothing else for a long time
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear best"
(of me)
to be chafoin
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby to be chafoin » 19/07/18, 21:25

Same sketch for me: a lot of water and a pungent shot and hot sun (since maybe 3-4 weeks with a rainy episode in the middle). And even trend for pdt, skeptical enough, I'm still waiting a bit to get to the harvest period. On the other hand, the pdt planted late and who had trouble going out directly on meadow and under the hay are now developing, with a hell of a shift, but who will perhaps serve them ...
0 x
nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nico239 » 20/07/18, 01:36

As I said I do not know where ...

At the Logis du Pin (very high Var) they were put in the ground last week ....

Experiment that counts in the end ....

They were right to wait until the end of the rainy episode
0 x
"A tool that does not consume energy and respects soils is what? Ben is a tool that does nothing "(quote conference François Mulet)
to be chafoin
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby to be chafoin » 20/07/18, 17:41

Yes indeed it is surprising ... of insight. The garden is that you must know how to adjust according to the years and climatic events or other. You have to "feel" the moment and seize your chance! With a lot of failures ... but when we succeed: what a pleasure!
0 x