Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Agriculture: problems and pollution, new technologies and solutionsLe Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
joesab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Unread Messageby joesab » 25/02/18, 19:38

Good evening
I was able to recover a hay bale, but impossible to unroll it, too badly formed, and my terrain is sloping.
I put hay patches on the garden surface that I still had .... 6 m² straw, 6 m² hay,
and 20 m² of hay directly on the lawn (meadow rather).

I do not know what it's going to do, since it's late in the season, but I hope to be able to put potatoes in part of the 20 m² to have new pdt, and tomato feet, that do you think?

And on the part already worked in garden, but also covered late, plants of salad, shallots, onions, radish ... your opinion ...

Thank you

PS: I sowed my tomatoes in terrine .... and my salads :)
good night
sabine
0 x

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 25/02/18, 19:50

The effect of late application is highly dependent on the type of weeds in place. From the point of view of the "work" of the soil by the worms, it limits the action, but nothing very dramatic ...
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby izentrop » 25/02/18, 20:35

Hello,
Ahmed wrote:What is remarkable about this project is that it is essentially aimed at pursuing an unsustainable and non-generalizable societal model. What could not be conceived as a purely agricultural approach becomes judicious as a crutch with economic exponentialism ...
We are not going to sulk a good initiative and mentalities are changing in the agricultural sector https://www.terre-net.fr/observatoire-t ... 35221.html

Sorry, we are leaving the purely phenocultural field.
It's a global initiative like Sicetaitsimple said. No-till is gaining ground, especially in tropical climates.

I have already quoted this study where it appears that with the no-till, the supply of organic matter and the replacement of synthetic fertilizers by others, soils recover and store carbon https://www.terre-net.fr/observatoire-t ... 26581.html
The presentation file https://asso-base.fr/IMG/pdf/presentati ... 17.txt.pdf
Ahmed wrote: this focus on CO² avoids a more global and therefore more dangerous criticism ...
Not that the CO2 actually, it does not promote agrochemistry and farmers have everything to gain.
Last edited by izentrop the 25 / 02 / 18, 20: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
Have reason to believe does not mean that we have reason to believe.
Mrik
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Mrik » 25/02/18, 20:57

big day for a lazy!
Last harvest of lamb's lettuce before the cold snap and display of hay for the next season. I read in the book that Didier usually staged around mid-November. In my garden I did it only now I hope it will not be too bad in the spring.
In the meantime, I stay warm.
0 x
Did67

Unread Messageby Did67 » 26/02/18, 11:24

joesab wrote:Hi,
I did not take over the entire post, but working in agriculture, I would have liked to know the source of the products analyzed.
I think that French farmers are not all "big" polluters. Imported products are far from having the same rules of production.
Looked a little countries like the Netherlands, Spain, Morocco, to mention only that ....
Sabine

This is the compilation and processing of data from the DGCCRF - so the former "repression of fraud". It is therefore most likely all that is sold in France, without distinction of origin.

From the point of view of the consumer, he is leaving a globalized system, which includes producers in many countries, distribution channels, etc.

We can have reservations against this system - and therefore speak against those who sometimes participate without the knowledge of their own free will!
1 x

denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby denis17 » 26/02/18, 19:44

mrik wrote:big day for a lazy!
Last harvest of lamb's lettuce before the cold snap and display of hay for the next season. I read in the book that Didier usually staged around mid-November. In my garden I did it only now I hope it will not be too bad in the spring.

Personally, I still have not spread my hay, and nothing planted yet, while it's time for garlic, shallots and onion, beans ... : Oops:
Denis
0 x
Moindreffor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Moindreffor » 26/02/18, 19:50

denis17 wrote:

Personally, I still have not spread my hay, and nothing planted yet, while it's time for garlic, shallots and onion, beans ... : Oops:
Denis

me as well but it will not be long, in terms of the introduction of hay, Didier also delays this, because after reflection, the green plants on the ground in winters are more useful than a layer of hay without plant life chlorophyll
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear best"
(of me)
Mrik
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Unread Messageby Mrik » 26/02/18, 21:04

joesab wrote:Good evening
I was able to recover a hay bale, but impossible to unroll it, too badly formed, and my terrain is sloping.
I put hay patches on the garden surface that I still had .... 6 m² straw, 6 m² hay,
and 20 m² of hay directly on the lawn (meadow rather).

I do not know what it's going to do, since it's late in the season, but I hope to be able to put potatoes in part of the 20 m² to have new pdt, and tomato feet, that do you think?

And on the part already worked in garden, but also covered late, plants of salad, shallots, onions, radish ... your opinion ...

Thank you

PS: I sowed my tomatoes in terrine .... and my salads :)
good night
sabine

Last year I made the experiment pdt posed on the ground then hay (30 cm) you can see the results in 680 page images of the forum! It was not new but of the desired
0 x
nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nico239 » 27/02/18, 01:04

Seen tonight on TV and found on the web ...

I know the area very well but have never known the guy

0 x
"A tool that does not consume energy and respects soils is what? Ben is a tool that does nothing "(quote conference François Mulet)
Mixieer56
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby Mixieer56 » 27/02/18, 07:40

Moindreffor wrote:
denis17 wrote:

Denis

me as well but it will not be long, in terms of the introduction of hay, Didier also delays this, because after reflection, the green plants on the ground in winters are more useful than a layer of hay without plant life chlorophyll

Hello, I see that there are several approaches to soil preparation during the winter:
- apply hay in mid-November, wait for 10-12 degrees to plant or sow,
- leave the green plants in place, lay (pdt) or plant and cover with hay.
0 x
"Put disorder in your garden and order your ideas!" Didier Helmstetter