lazy gardener in Loire Atlantique

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Lazy Gardener in Loire Atlantique

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/09/18, 14:55

to be chafoin wrote:
nico239 wrote:
to be chafoin wrote:If there is a well at 50m
and a water supply to 50m too but I dare not use this water ...

Oh why?
Many reasons :
the first I always read that it was necessary to water with rain or well water (!), that regular watering tap water is rather "harmful".

Then I am not at home and even if the owner offered to water me, I do not want to "abuse" too much ...

But the most important reason is the laziness and the delay in lighting: I believed during 3 weeks that the rain would arrive, as I believed during 3 weeks that these bugs would leave from them- same or would be puffed by predators or would not be dangerous for my vegetables. In addition, it would seem that I would have to leave the tap water aeration in basins for evaporation of chlorine ...

Yes I think you are too cautious on the spot.

In addition if you water your foot it does not consume too much.
Well it's a bit of work but we do not have 100ha of culture either
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 21/09/18, 09:35

Yes maybe you are right. Do you water with tap water?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/09/18, 10:06

There must be only a few million gardeners who water with tap water! That we drink.

Some professionals are even connected to the networks!

But on the internet, you will always find "advice" such as drinking water is chlorinated or, funnier: you should never water under the sun, it burns the leaves! In return for this, the farmers' water cannons run 24 hours a day, even at noon. And we can all see how the cultures are burnt !!!
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 21/09/18, 10:22

Yes, it's true that the internet is very prescriptive. A denial of our ignorance?
In the end, despite its good sides, we can wonder if it does not block the action, creating a climate of procrastination, fear ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/09/18, 12:00

to be chafoin wrote:Yes, it's true that the internet is very prescriptive. A denial of our ignorance?
In the end, despite its good sides, we can wonder if it does not block the action, creating a climate of procrastination, fear ...

you have to look for more information on the internet, as soon as you look for information, you risk misinformation, internet is bad when you're ignorant about something
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/09/18, 12:38

Did67 wrote:There must be only a few million gardeners who water with tap water! That we drink.

But on the internet, you will always find "advice" such as drinking water is chlorinated or, funnier: you should never water under the sun, it burns the leaves! In return for this, the farmers' water cannons run 24 hours a day, even at noon. And we can all see how the cultures are burnt !!!

You're absolutely right about this watering in the sun that does not harm the crops ...

In this respect it is not always a watering to water ...

But often watering to reduce the temperature of the fruits.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/09/18, 12:59

nico239 wrote:
Did67 wrote:There must be only a few million gardeners who water with tap water! That we drink.

You're absolutely right about this watering in the sun that does not harm the crops ...

In this respect it is not always a watering to water ...

But often watering to reduce the temperature of the fruits.

for example also to reduce the temperature of salads to avoid their rise in seed, what we often forget, that's why next year I will be more attentive to the shading of my salads
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 21/09/18, 16:28

1) You need a "reading grid", which allows you to sift through the information for consistency. I use and learn a lot on the internet. But I very often laugh at the nonsense uttered with assurances by people who only repeat, amplifying them, commonplaces, "we must ...", "I was told that ..." .

2) In my example on watering, I only wanted to laugh at the aspect, often asserted with conviction, that it will "grill the plants" ... Read and reread on sites of "popularization" on amateur gardening ! Not to deal with the question of watering, its usefulness, etc ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/09/18, 17:26

Did67 wrote:1) You need a "reading grid", which allows you to sift through the information for consistency. I use and learn a lot on the internet. But I very often laugh at the nonsense uttered with assurances by people who only repeat, amplifying them, commonplaces, "we must ...", "I was told that ..." .

2) In my example on watering, I only wanted to laugh at the aspect, often asserted with conviction, that it will "grill the plants" ... Read and reread on sites of "popularization" on amateur gardening ! Not to deal with the question of watering, its usefulness, etc ...

Didier Didier, my wife repeats it every time I take out the watering can between noon, well I just say too bad, if I do not do it now I will still forget tonight ... and as I often forget a lot of things, it goes
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 22/09/18, 02:21

Did67 wrote:1) You need a "reading grid", which allows you to sift through the information for consistency. I use and learn a lot on the internet. But I very often laugh at the nonsense uttered with assurances by people who only repeat, amplifying them, commonplaces, "we must ...", "I was told that ..." .

Yaisse that's why I'm doing it at my head ...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

And anyway we read everything and its opposite on the net.

So if it does not happen the year 1 I retry the year 2.

Mrs. had been discouraged for carrots.
Following the last year when nothing had risen I persisted and we now collect regularly ...
But who knows, even if I think I have drawn what is the correct protocol, maybe in year 3 nothing will rise, in short we will see

Another example but "of failure" to date ... the tarragon.

Transplanted from Vaucluse it came out well in 2017 but it did not push, far from it, like "there".
I thought, we'll give him time to acclimatize
This year it came out well in the spring, I told myself it's good ... well no.
I had to do 1 or 2 harvests and that's it.
Whereas before he was pushing at great speed V and in similar cultural conditions, even shaded exposure and no tillage and co.

Two solutions or I turn everything and I replant elsewhere or I .... think ... and for the moment I think for 2019.
To be continued
0 x