Booster Installation problem?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Quentin54
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Booster Installation problem?

by Quentin54 » 12/03/15, 20:45

Good evening everyone.

I am having a problem with my booster installation.

I have a deep 5M well, a pump and an expension vessel.
This installation to work properly until it was necessary to change the pump and the balloon there 2 years ... since the new expansion tank and the new pump can not redo the installation ...
The pump starts and turns correctly, when I open before the ball and I start the pump: no worries, I take the water well in the head : Cheesy:
I deduced that my concern came from the balloon, it's a balloon that has not toured since 2 years, with a bottom of water at the bottom ... The problem is that my balloon is not filled ... the pump filled up to 10 cm and then nothing ... the pump runs in the vacuum ... it heats and the water gets hot in the pump ...

I show you my installation in photo:

My pump is working properly, my check valve after my pump is working properly because it has just been changed last week, my strainer works ...

I compared my system with "hydrophore pump" Alias ​​Supresseur .... I thought that the problem could be related to the position of the balloon, the fact that it is vertical will prevent the pump from filling the balloon ? Because on the booster the balloon is vertical? Maybe by putting the balloon down the pump would be easier to fill the balloon?
Because the water comes from the bottom of the balloon and comes out from above ...

I will need some advice? This is an old installation for an old house ...
Thank you!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/03/15, 21:27

The vertical position of the balloon can not explain the dysfunction you see.
You should first check the water level in the well at start-up: Are you sure the well is delivering enough?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Quentin54
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Quentin54 » 12/03/15, 21:30

Hi,

Yes each time the well is full and the strainer is 20 cm from the bottom of the well, so no worries, the well pumps much more than it is needed because before despite the presence of the booster it was necessary to empty the well with an external pump because it was filling too much, so no worries about the flow of the well.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/03/15, 22:10

So link, you should find ways to test your installation.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
perrelevaroi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by perrelevaroi » 13/03/15, 11:17

Hi Quentin54,

The problem certainly comes from the tank, but positioning it horizontally will not solve it.

What you can do to see if your tank is working:
- empty the balloon by turning off the pump and open the network
- once the empty balloon, close the network and inflate the air balloon (the valve is at the top)
- inflate the balloon up to 200gr below the activation pressure, ie if the pump is triggered at 2bars, inflate the balloon at 1,8bars.

If after this manipulation it still does not work, it is that the membrane of the tank is certainly HS.

If you ever need more advice, do not hesitate to see this blog from an expert in the field: http://www.arrosage-distribution.fr/leblog/
There are lots of good advice that is useful on a daily basis.

Have a good day
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Installation problem Booster?

by Philippe Schutt » 13/03/15, 17:37

Quentin54 wrote: The trouble is that my balloon does not fill up ... the pump fills it up to about 10 cm and then nothing ... the pump turns in the vacuum ... it heats and the water gets hot in the pump .. .

I see on one of the pictures that you manage to have 3 bars, the pump being given for 4,5bars. The balloon does not seem to me to be responsible for these symptoms.
Either it is normal that your pump does not rise higher and you just need to change the setting of the requested pressure and the inflation pressure of the balloon
Either it is not and you have to see why. Tracks: pump inlet or outlet valve, presence of air.
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 14/03/15, 07:57

Maybe you should try to control the operation of the pressure switch by doing a test by removing it to see what happens.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 16/03/15, 14:14

This kind of centrifugal pump is not ideal for debiting in a closed balloon.

The maximum height value indicated (44 m) is only an extrapolation of the curve (height, flow) when the flow tends to 0, but this pump is not made to operate with a very low flow rate.

I have the same kind of installation: in my case, I need 2 bars for the water to arrive at the installation, and the pump is given for 55 vertical meters.
At first I tried to set the pressure switch between 3 and 5 bars and the pump did not stop (same symptom as you: the water is heating up in the pump).
The maximum pressure obtained was about 4 bars. I set the pressure switch between 2,5 and 3,5 bars for correct operation (the pressure switch used does not allow less than 1bar between Pmin and Pmax) ...

PS
Initially, the installation had been carried out with a piston pump of a much lower flow, but there was no problem to reach 5 pressure bars with a given pump for 50 meters ...
0 x