Too full well?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Kuikui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Too full well?

by Kuikui » 06/09/14, 21:02

Hello,

I have a house purchased with an outdoor well nearby.
It has a pump to be able to draw in season for watering.
I have carefully read the interests and benefits of a well in your forum, nevertheless, following a flood in my cellar last year after a downpour of rain I asked myself questions about the well (which ultimately had nothing to do with it).
I noticed during my observations that my well was not too full.
So the question I want to ask you is:
- Is it necessary that an outdoor well (in my garden, but near the house - less than 4 meters -) has an overflow (to the sewer or pump or other)?

Thanks a lot for your help.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 06/09/14, 21:11

the water level in a well is only a reflection of the water level in the surrounding aquifer. an overflow would therefore be useless because if the well overflowed, all the surroundings would also be flooded by the water table at the same level as the well.
0 x
Click my signature
Kuikui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Kuikui » 06/09/14, 21:23

Thank you very much!
I have just realized that at well applies (and therefore it represents) the principle of the communicating vessel.
But can a tablecloth really be that high? (Stupid question but knowing only the relatively deep water tables ...)
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 06/09/14, 22:14

apart from certain special cases of underground rivers, wells are only the drains of the surrounding aquifers, which can sometimes be flush with the ground level but sometimes be several tens of meters.
0 x

Click my signature
Kuikui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Kuikui » 07/09/14, 00:15

Perfect, thank you very much for these quick and enlightening responses.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/09/14, 08:28

dirk pitt wrote:apart from certain special cases of underground rivers, wells are only the drains of the surrounding aquifers, which can sometimes be flush with the ground level but sometimes be several tens of meters.

and often of variable level because the runoff (rain) water follows these same "drains"
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/09/14, 18:13

Same opinion as my comrades!

There are indeed lots of situations where at certain times, the water tables rise to the surface, or even constitute a temporary "lake". In Alsace, we thus have areas called "rieds", with floodplains which slowly drain the water towards the arms of the Rhine ...

In valleys, the water table "collects" the waters of the slopes, which flow towards the river ... A few meters, their altitude is therefore higher than the level of the water in the river ...

I guess you are in such a situation?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/09/14, 21:38

+1; Here near the coast, the water table is almost flush in certain places / villages. After a big period of rain, small lakes are created in the fields or the forest of the moors and this with a little delay. They can take months to resolve as in the spring and fall of last year. Diversion of certain routes for months.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132