How to make sure that the water in my tank does not freeze?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Gianni1985
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How to make sure that the water in my tank does not freeze?

by Gianni1985 » 09/01/10, 14:14

Hello,

As you can see I am new!

I need help, I explain:

I am very annoyed, I have a tank of 600L of water, I would like to know how to do so that the water does not freeze. Infact, I just started my industrial cleaning company, and I use my water. Only problem with this great cold I think my water and my products are frozen !! So an idea? (PS: I want to use ecological products).

I await your ideas as soon as possible! Thank you :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/10, 14:24

Well if it's cleaning you can maybe already put a product in it which will lower the melting point.

Otherwise set up a small mechanical agitation with a motor of a few tens of watts and a small propeller.

We recently talked about it here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/comment-ma ... t9062.html

ps: you can also agitate by putting a small pump in a loop in the tank ... or even simply immerse an empty cellar pump but generally they suck a lot so put it on the programmer (15 min every X hours for example ... next the layer of ice that forms)
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 01 / 10, 14: 40, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gianni1985
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Gianni1985 » 09/01/10, 14:39

ok .. So where can I find this kind of fan that I could leave in my tank?
Second question: Seen this winter, I think that when I use my products to clean the tiles, it may freeze instantly!
So how?

PS: If any other idea, please let me know. :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/10, 14:41

Ben a paint shaker for example: 5 € in all the DIY.

Otherwise the solution of the vacuum pump on the programmer will probably cost you less :)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/01/10, 15:49

The lowest cost is to put salt in it. It takes 23% salt by mass in the water, it holds down to -20 ° C.

More effective, but more expensive, glycol or alcohols.

But compared to the chemical content of your tank, I advise you to make a test before mixing anything in large quantities. You may indeed destabilize your cleaning products, or even an explosion. : Idea:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/01/10, 17:09

It is essential at first to seriously isolate this tank; then, depending on the constraints specific to the activity, what has been proposed, a mechanical agitator or the addition of an antifreeze are indeed good solutions.
It is also possible to provide a thermostatically controlled frost-free heating, especially if the application requires water that is not too cold.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/01/10, 18:00

To wash the tiles, if you put in methanol or isopropanol you will already have your window cleaner all found and all prepared. (Is sold in bulk at the "big druggists", at prices that have nothing to see with retail prices Do not put salt which would leave traces on the windows.

I am not a fan of the "pump" solution if it does not pass the water to a warmer place: the water freezes well in an ice cream maker.

On the other hand:

place small weighted polyethylene bottles on the surface of the water to float to 2/3 height: the ice pressure will exert on these bottles, reducing the pressure on the walls of the tank.

2 or 3 aquarium heaters.

always fill the tank to the maximum: even when the water reaches 0 °, the amount of energy pumped by the water to freeze is so large that, the more volume, the more difficult it will be to freeze your fleet.

If I understood correctly, your tank is in or on a vehicle. If this vehicle is closed a small 500 watt WC heater at night should do the trick.

and of course 4 cm of polyurethane all around.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/01/10, 21:08

Gianni1985 describes your problem a little better

in general to wash you need clean water: mixing anything is not the best ...

my drinking water falling from the sky is stored in 300liter plastic tubs not insulated: so it freezes but not quickly: it forms a certain thickness of ice on the walls but there is enough liquid water in the middle

the bottom of these tanks is a little buried: the pipes which put all these tanks are buried and in winters I remove the check valve of the pump so that at each stop of the pump a certain amount of water from a tank in the house goes back down in these tank: it is this frequent coming and going which avoids the complete freezing of the pipes
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 31/01/10, 01:26

Hello to you

an effective simple free solution

you find branches of hazelnut then you make a fagot that installs you in your tank that it is always half inside and the ice will not be able to take and constitute a danger in your tank

this was done in the tanks of the moteau park in paris to avoid the ice breaking the walls

@ +
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 31/01/10, 09:49

Hello shade
Shadow wrote:an effective simple free solution

you find branches of hazelnut then you make a fagot that installs you in your tank that it is always half inside and the ice will not be able to take and constitute a danger in your tank

this was done in the tanks of the moteau park in paris to avoid the ice breaking the walls

Chai is not what special the hazelnut in antifreeze function, but a bundle will not fail to add force twigs in the fleet, which will have to be removed sooner or later. Anything that floats, and does not leave in small pieces must improve the antifreeze function on the surface. I saw one who did this with large pieces of polystyrene recovered from a construction site (made in a panel where there is a BA13 type plaster side (to be fired) and the other 8 cm of polystyrene).
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132