Rainwater or well water

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
sbobe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Rainwater or well water

by sbobe » 09/04/09, 16:57

Hello,
I am renovating and my house has an open well and a concrete tank to collect rainwater, and my question is to supply my whole house (consumption and hygiene), should it be better to install a filtration system on the well or on the tank.
Thank you for your advice. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/04/09, 17:11

What about rainwater? : Mrgreen:

Difficult to answer your question without knowing the quality of the water in the well ...
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 09/04/09, 17:15

Hello,

My first advice would be to use the tank as a buffer supplied by the well (at worst once a day) and therefore put the filtration on the tank.
This gives a comfortable feed and only one filtration.

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 09/04/09, 17:45

:D Hello,
Before, a well was gold, now ...
As Christophe says, you have to check the water quality; anyway, this water is always good for many things; namely toilets, garden watering, possible cooling of the house in summer, car wash.
Sometimes, in the well, there was a secret passage, which led to an underground ... or was hidden a treasure. : Shock: (It's not a joke)
Never plug a well. There are people who pay dearly to drill one. :?
In Belgium, if you declare a well, we put you a meter of consumed water ... and you pay :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/04/09, 17:46

lejustemilieu wrote:Sometimes, in the well, there was a secret passage, which led to an underground ... or was hidden a treasure. : Shock: (It's not a joke)

Yes and in this case you also had plenty of macabé at the bottom polluting the water ... : Mrgreen:

lejustemilieu wrote:In Belgium, if you declare a well, we put you a meter of consumed water ... and you pay :D

April 1 has passed ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 09/04/09, 18:22

Not on the first of April, I know of the case of people who asked for a borehole. The company that did the drilling declared it ... and the town came to install a meter!
0 x
sbobe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sbobe » 09/04/09, 21:03

the last well water analysis that was done showed the presence of bacteria from fecal matter (thermotolerant coli and fecal streptococci), it seems that it comes from the freat water table, but otherwise there was nothing preventing consumption.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/04/09, 07:17

(thermotolerant coli and fecal streptococci)

Not good as a result ...
By chance, there isn't a septic tank nearby?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/04/09, 08:12

Christophe wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:Sometimes, in the well, there was a secret passage, which led to an underground ... or was hidden a treasure. : Shock: (It's not a joke)

Yes and in this case you also had plenty of macabé at the bottom polluting the water ... : Mrgreen:

lejustemilieu wrote:In Belgium, if you declare a well, we put you a meter of consumed water ... and you pay :D

April 1 has passed ...

I found the text of the Belgian legislation.
The friend who had to put a meter, I found the why: he is a farmer, and if I understood the text correctly, you have to put a meter beyond 10m cubic per day.
For a household, it's ok.
http://wallex.wallonie.be/index.php?doc ... 5&from=rss
0 x
sbobe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sbobe » 10/04/09, 08:16

I don't think so because I live in a district connected to the main sewer.
all i know is that the old wastewater system was passing right by the well and it was in bad shape.
wouldn't a UV purification system solve the problem?
0 x