Which surface pump to choose?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
joe.satriani
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Which surface pump to choose?

by joe.satriani » 31/07/12, 13:59

Hello,
I am an individual and I called on a professional to establish a quote for the installation of a rainwater recovery system (tank + pump). He initially offered me the Jetly Pulsar submersible pump, but we wanted to favor a surface pump with automatic switching on the drinking water network (to avoid having to draw a 2nd plymouth to fill the tank with water drinking water: kiteco system). He then offered me the Pilotus pump, still from Jetly. But as my current drinking water network gives me a pressure of 7 bars at the outlet of my outdoor sumps, I wanted to choose a pump that would be closest to this pressure for my outdoor watering.
However, my service provider assures me that neither Jetly nor any other reseller will offer me a product capable of restoring a pressure greater than 2,5 bars: is it correct that it is difficult, if not impossible, to find a high pressure pump on the market? surface "spitting" more than 3 bars of pressure?
Thank you in advance
cordially
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 31/07/12, 17:51

A self-priming pump for sure!
Having a multicell pump can give you almost the pressure you want. Then it is mainly a question of power and therefore price.
0 x