Walloon Water Company (SWE): 7 € / m3 of water in Belgium!

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Walloon Water Company (SWE): 7 € / m3 of water in Belgium!

by Christophe » 03/06/15, 11:25

I just received my SWE regularization bill and I'm a little angry!

I have economical behavior (like all econologists :) ) and I have consumed only 20m3 (living almost all the time alone) yet I have a bill of 145 € / year!

Which amounts to a price at the 3 € m7.26!

Details (Excl. Tax, 6% VAT):

Subscription distribution: 52,40 € / year
Sanitation subscription: 58,05 € / year
Consumption: 10m3 to 1.2573 € / m3 and 10m3 to 1,3100 € / m3 = 25,67 € / year
Social fund of water: 0.32 € / year

When we know that in some communes of the South of France, much more arid, the m3 is still 2.5 € ... there is enough to be angry! It is well known that Belgium lacks rain and water ...

In short, this is how the "system" rewards economical behavior ...

This system (the subscriptions constitute almost 80% of the price !!), which is purely economic, therefore sanctions the saving behaviors ...

This goes against the completely hypocritical government discourse "you have to be careful with your consumption" ...

Highly the end ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Walloon Water Company (SWE): 7 € / m3 of water in Belgium

by Gaston » 03/06/15, 12:14

Christophe wrote:This system (the subscriptions constitute almost 80% of the price !!), which is purely economic, therefore sanctions the saving behaviors ...
I understand that you are a little upset, but your conclusion is not quite impartial: you still pay less in total if you had consumed a larger amount, then the economical behavior is rewarded.

This is the problem of all products with a fixed subscription: the less you consume the unit price goes up (it's the same with gas or electricity).

In theory the subscription and the unit price have two different functions: the subscription must pay the creation and the maintenance of the network whereas the unit price must correspond to the costs of production.
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 03/06/15, 14:05

7 Euro the m3, it must be the price to make drinking water from surplus beer? ;)

But yes, the subscription system is a dismal system ....

Personally, I have not taken the gas at home, 1 bottle all 6 3 month is much more economical ... just the cost of the subscription already pays me the bottles! ;)
But I do not heat myself with gas ...

SixK
0 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/15, 15:40

Uh I know that there is (among other things) gas in the beer ... but here we talk about m3 water SixK by m3 gas : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Oh yes it was to make an analogy of not taking a subscription ... Okay then : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/06/15, 13:23

We agree, it's the first liter that costs! Same thing for gas, electricity, telephone.

We must pay the 50% that get lost in the network. (admission of a client, senior executive of SWDE)

At home, I have a pump that divides my city water supply by half, but certainly not the bill ....

Console yourself: your first gross income 6000 euros are not taxed. :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/06/15, 15:20

So, basically, you should change your title: 104 euros per liter! : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/15, 17:16

So basically, I would be less economical ... :(
0 x