Making an economic electric bike

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
khartoum
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Making an economic electric bike

by khartoum » 15/09/05, 23:03

Hello do-it-yourselfers.

I would like to launch a project concerning the manufacture of an electric bike with recovery components.

- So if you have an idea of ​​what can be used as a motor (auto alternator, auto starter?),

- calculations that have to be made concerning the size of the batteries (the use of NiMh batteries seems to me the most coherent),

- stuff to use for charging,

- pulley size calculations,

- Ect ...

We would go on an autonomy of 10 Km with 100 kg of load and a speed of 30 Km / h.

I think it's feasible because, given the number of unlicensed electric scooters that go around

with impunity in town !!! In addition the simple fact of circulating with an "ecological" means of transport makes us

almost untouchable.

The idea came to me when the rectorate removed the parking lot of the college to put its employees (GRRRR !!!)

I am now obliged, or to pay the parking meter, or to park outside the city and pay the *

bus (1.30 Euros triple ticket GRRRR + the loss of mobility that it generates).

Sure, in most cases the electricity would remain nuclear but at the same time our lungs

would remain pure.

Here I hope that it will inspire certain brains, because it should not that the ecology remains a virtue

purely rural ... (We can tinker with a bike in his apartment, not a big smoky diézou).

Well it's about, put a pantone on an electric bike, I'm not sure that it is hyper productive :D
0 x
A CX is Bo ... But it's rusty !!! :(
The Passing

by The Passing » 15/09/05, 23:06

It's something that has been in my head for a few months now :)

For the engine, I think to use a motor starter (modified), it has a couple of hell. It remains to drive it to raise it gradually in the towers, and without using the integrated electromagnet which is too brutal.
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 15/09/05, 23:12

Personally,
I have a big job to finish (my house with a baby on the fast approach for two to three weeks)

I think that driving the power supply is playable.

Does one of you have a starter on hand?
The easiest test is to use a halogen lamp dimmer to check ...
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
The Passing

by The Passing » 15/09/05, 23:18

I have a yes. On the other hand, it is 12v, so I do not see how to use this halogen dimmer (220v). And the starter, it consumes amps ++ too :) It must be used mosfets very fat, what do you think?
0 x
suugi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by suugi » 16/09/05, 11:15

Hello,
I saw in the trade a wheel whose hub is in fact an electric motor. it is a pack with battery, very easily adaptable on any bike, from 20 to 26 inches.
0 x
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 16/09/05, 11:40

Hello, why want to use a car starter, it's about 4kw is enough to walk a cart to 45kmh
a motor of 500 watt is largely sufficient, a sportsman who makes the bike corresponds to 300W
a lot of electric bike have a 250 watt motor

this kind of engine costs about 40 euro for an 250 watt, but only 15 euro if you buy a car inflator.
to get 500w nothing prevents to couple two motor of 250 w, this is done for race cars elec 2 asynchronous motor of 45kw each.

if not opt ​​a cordless screwdriver in addition there is already the regulator, just put a battery to increase the autonomy

here I hope I have ideas

http://www.ae.ch/Motorisation.html
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 16/09/05, 11:43

Nice the idea of ​​the cordless screwdriver motor, thanks!
0 x
jelupan
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jelupan » 16/09/05, 18:27

YES and you ride it on the front fork as the solex with a training roller! :D
0 x
khartoum
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by khartoum » 16/09/05, 21:15

Hello,
I just wanted to share this idea ... and then with the disappointment of my zx "Pantonisé", must I manage to make KèK econological thing;)

Me the engine I see more at the back with 2 pulleys and a belt alternator.
I think that Ax crankshaft pulley and alternator pulley, it must already give a suitable gearing.
As for an 12v drill motor, are you sure this is enough ???
it hangs by hand this type of gear.
In addition to the same price we have a starter broken, it has the advantage as said previously to have a huge start torque, suddenly the bike becomes an electric moped.

If not, ideas about the number of R20 NiMh battery to use for proper autonomy ???

> aidiv
 Written on Friday 16 September 2005, 10: 40 Hello, why want to use a car starter, it's about 4kw is enough to walk a cart to 45kmh
a motor of 500 watt is largely sufficient, a sportsman who makes the bike corresponds to 300W
a lot of electric bike have a 250 watt motor

Well, with 4Kw we have an electric mop and we can go shopping :D
0 x
A CX is Bo ... But it's rusty !!! :(
The Passing

by The Passing » 16/09/05, 21:57

I think the easiest way is to use lead batteries for the beginning: easy to find, cheap, easy to use.
0 x