Electric leisure car

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Carlito06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Electric leisure car

by Carlito06 » 09/01/18, 23:40

Hello everybody

I currently have a MK Indy, it is a car that is found in kit in England, which is approved on the road there but obviously not in France ... basically it weighs 450 kg and mine is 170 CV ... In France I use it as a toy on a circuit (works like a good porsche) ... but after several broken engines, I'm tired ... and the idea of ​​making it electric tickles me. ..

here is the beast:

with me didans:

so you see the shape: an engine in front (in my case a cbr 1100 honda, vivi a motorcycle engine), a drive shaft that goes to a bridge (self-locking) behind, and the tank above the rear wheels. .. I imagine batteries in place of the engine and an electric motor directly attached to the bridge in place of the fuel tank ...

Objective: equivalent power, and let's say 100 km?

Now I'm totally newbee in electric car engine, batteries etc ... so I discovered this site with lots of people who seem to know what they are talking about :) where should i start looking ???
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric recreational car

by dirk pitt » 10/01/18, 06:41

Hello.
the best would be to register on the vehiculeselectriques.fr site and present your project there.
you can receive help from members near you.
if not, if it's for driving on a circuit, why a range of 100km?
personally, I prefer rather a good power to have fun on a few laps.
0 x
Click my signature
Carlito06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carlito06 » 10/01/18, 08:33

well if i have to do 1h, 2h, 3h of road to go, ditto for the return, to make the circuit, should still be that I can do more than just qq laps :)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/01/18, 11:45

the idea is generous, but you're going to have problems ... many.

not impossible however.

PS: if you go to VE.fr, say that you love Tesla.
0 x
Carlito06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carlito06 » 10/01/18, 11:49

I suspect it, but we are not talking about a car to go on the road every day ... if I have to spend 12 hours recharging batteries that only last an hour, this is not a problem...

In fact I don't really know in which direction to go, which way to take the problem ...

For example, I have no idea of ​​the weight that would represent motor + battery ... would it hold in 100 kgs?

Why Tesla? :) me anyway I had the pleasure of trying it, including a P100D and I must say that I am in love ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/01/18, 12:18

sporty driving is easily 30 kWh / 100 km, even with a small car like yours.

By being optimistic, your battery pack can have 250 Wh / kg, so effectively 100 kg of battery will give 25 kWh.

But there is not only the pack, there is also the box to protect them, the control and power electronics (BMS), as well as the motor. Keeping everything in 200 kg would already be good.

In my opinion your car for doing the "kéké" on a circuit is very good in thermal: light, balanced, big autonomy and full fast. Electrifying it will only bring you worry.
0 x
Carlito06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carlito06 » 10/01/18, 14:24

I already have only bp in thermal : Cheesy:

I farted 2 engines, 3 boxes ... the electrical harness is an unnamed m *** ... so good story to vary the pleasures :P

After there is also the side, I drive to the bottom, without any noise that would make me delirious ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 10/01/18, 15:47

Carlito06 wrote:well if i have to do 1h, 2h, 3h of road to go, ditto for the return, to make the circuit, should still be that I can do more than just qq laps :)

I guess the car is on a trailer to go to the circuit.
then once at the full battery circuit I imagine that it takes about 1 hour of autonomy in circuit mode.
on a circuit, the average is around 100km / h for circuits of 4 to 6kms which makes between 20 and 25 circuits. is effectively about 100km of autonomy although the autonomy in this case does not mean much.
it would therefore require approximately a 30kwh battery. anyway, difficult to do less because otherwise, it could not get the necessary power.
I think it takes a power of around 100kW for it to be fun, or 6kg / kw which is roughly the equivalent of a Tesla Roadster. (assuming that your car once electrified will weigh around 600kg.
big project: expensive and full of difficulty for a novice. you should get closer to someone who has already done so.
0 x

Click my signature
Carlito06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carlito06 » 10/01/18, 15:51

you guess, even if I think we are more in the 120 km / h average on my reference circuits ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/01/18, 21:24

dirk pitt wrote:it would therefore require approximately a 30kwh battery. anyway, difficult to do less because otherwise, it could not get the necessary power.
I think it takes a power of around 100kW for it to be fun, or 6kg / kw which is roughly the equivalent of a Tesla Roadster. (assuming that your car once electrified will weigh around 600kg.

indeed, sizing the pack that is too small will wear it out, both because it will cycle more often, but also because the specific power demand will alter the batteries more quickly.

100 kW is 140 Ch, with the electric torque very present, it can give roughly the same sensations of recovery as 170 Ch thermal.
0 x