Forum electric cars and trips

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Forum electric cars and trips

by Christophe » 04/01/11, 16:09

Cars, transport and electric travel: I have just set up a new sub forum which should delight more than one (citro, remundo): car, electric motors and transport

I have already moved there a few subjects on the question that I could find in particular: electric cars, autonomy, cost, batteries, electric bike ...

Why this sub forum?

a) because, with the release of "general public" electric cars by the major manufacturers, the question of electric car has never been so topical
b) the subject of the electric car (directly or indirectly, battery,) and more generally of electric propulsion has already been widely discussed: classify them in a new sub forum will make it easier to navigate
c) to do pleasure to Citro, Remundo and other "electrical conductors" (hihihihi)

To your suggestions (except macro :D).
1 x
Michel Kieffer
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Michel Kieffer » 04/01/11, 16:31

About Christophe's suggestion to synthesize our vast debates…

… Some synthetic presentation documents are missing, for example:
- different types of batteries, their costs, performance, drawbacks, etc .;
- the use of electric cars. For example, Citroen's remark about the electric car, which does not suddenly break down, but gradually goes into degraded configuration. Or the comfort heating and security heating aspect (defrosting)…

If Citro and / or Remundo and / or… are interested in making such docs, I am at their disposal to carry out the pictorial illustrations.

Michel
0 x
Michel Kieffer
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Michel Kieffer » 04/01/11, 16:32

The gray energy of electricity…

Here's an update on the gray energy of electricity. See from page 10 of the document http://www.hkw-aero.fr/pdf/electricite_et_co2.pdf .

Michel
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/11, 16:33

I have a "size" problem: what do I do with hybrid topics? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

We leave them in the forum Transportation or I put them in this new forum electric car?

Possible choices:

a) leave the subjects about pure hybrids in transport
b) move topics on plugin hybrids
c) leave everything in transport because plugin or not, it's not electric propulsion in fine most of the time

What do you think? : Idea:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/11, 17:19

Thank you for these remarks Michel, I am still sorting and I re discovering subjects of funds hallucinament interesting but lost in the depths of forums :(

Examples:

a) Electric car, physical limits
https://www.econologie.com/forums/voiture-el ... t6294.html (active from October 2008 to January 2009)

b) Electric cars, review and summary, update in early 2010
https://www.econologie.com/forums/voiture-et ... t9193.html

c) Feedback from electric scooter ev 100s
https://www.econologie.com/forums/mon-nouvea ... t3576.html

d) Energy dimensioning of an electric car (2 documents to download)

Also there are quite a few subjects on electric bikes, so I advise those interested in electric transport to browse the sub forum: https://www.econologie.com/forums/voiture-el ... -vf83.html (there are "only" 4-5 pages)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/11, 17:24

Michel Kieffer wrote:The gray energy of electricity…

Here's an update on the gray energy of electricity. See from page 10 of the document http://www.hkw-aero.fr/pdf/electricite_et_co2.pdf .

Michel

a) make a new topic :)
b) or posts it in this one: https://www.econologie.com/forums/voiture-el ... t7716.html (pin)

ps: about the batteries https://www.econologie.com/forums/voiture-el ... 10033.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Forum electric cars and trips

by I Citro » 04/01/11, 21:25

Christophe wrote:Cars, transport and electric travel: I have just set up a new sub forum which should delight more than one (citro, remundo): car, electric motors and transport
: Mrgreen: :P 8)
Indeed, this was beginning to become necessary.
For a long time I told myself that it was necessary to split the subjects which drifted ...
the subject "the car of the future" is an example with, among other things, the many pages on heating vehicles which would have deserved a subject in its own right ...

For the hybrid car, its place is obviously in the transport section ...

2011, and especially 2012, will be the years of the renewal of electric vehicles.
Economists and sociologists speak of "the revenge of the electric car".
Tonight I met a business manager who is about to open a large multi-brand sales area dedicated to electric vehicles.
Its catalog, rich with fifteen models, and it should inaugurate its new premises in spring with the MIA (ex Heuliez Friendly).

If significant brakes and reluctance remain around this mode of transport, things are moving and should shake up habits. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/11, 10:16

Thank you Citro, your comments confirm me in the choice to create this new sub forum!

citro wrote:If significant brakes and reluctance remain around this mode of transport, things are moving and should shake up habits. : Mrgreen:

And econo will contribute! : Idea: : Idea:

ps: for the heating of the electric vehicles, I followed by far the last developments, I can split the subject provided that all the following messages concern. Otherwise, if it happens again (and it will happen again), nothing prevents one of you from saying STOP and creating a new subject at this time (already so that a modo can intervene faster ...)
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/01/11, 22:21

Christophe wrote:Thank you Citro, your comments confirm me in the choice to create this new sub forum!
citro wrote:If significant brakes and reluctance remain around this mode of transport, things are moving and should shake up habits. : Mrgreen:
And econo will contribute! : Idea: : Idea:
€ conology has already contributed a lot. :P
If I took the step of electric mobility, it is thanks to this forum, to the debates and reflections that we had.

When I re-read my interventions, I note the same reluctance as those that I read here daily and
I expressed the same untruths and other received ideas on the VE as all the uninitiated ...
:?
This is the reason why I now intervene tirelessly as soon as I read points of view dictated by ignorance and comparison with the thermal car.

Perhaps, after it is true to have exchanged with experts like nlc ou dirkpitt, did I in turn arouse curiosities like the one that led Remundo to take the plunge.
:?:
1 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/11/17, 19:24

or classify hybrid cars?

non-rechargeable hybrid: the energy comes only from the fuel and the hybrid bazaar only serves to optimize its use, and I am not convinced that the result is positive

plug-in hybrid: it seems to me the best solution to use electricity instead of oil ... every day we recharge our batteries fully, and we do the first km all with electricity, like a real electric car, and we only consume petroleum if we need to drive more

a purely electric car may not be suitable for everyone, a plug-in hybrid may be suitable for everyone, and if electricity is better than oil it is more efficient to run 1000 plug-in hybrid car than 100 only electric car

another way of seeing, with a fully electric car we carry a heavy battery for sufficient autonomy ... with a rechargeable hybrid we are content with a much lighter battery, which we use 100% in average use , and when the need exceeds the average we use oil
1 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."