A solar home to almost autonomous thermal buffer

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

A solar home to almost autonomous thermal buffer

by Christophe » 22/04/08, 21:16

Here is the video presentation of a "prototype" and almost autonomous solar house with a large thermal pad.

A solar house with thermal buffer near 30 000L. The cost is undoubtedly underestimated because of the partnership with the University (studies not invoiced at the real market price).

Video report to see here: https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... allemagne/

Edit, more info and links on energy storage: heating-isolation / storage-de-la-heat-t9878.html

The most economical way to store energy (at low T °) is in water ... for different reasons:

a) Cheap both the storage tank and the exchangers than the volume of water (1m3 of water is cheaper than 1 m3 of sand)
b) the water has a natural convection which improves the thermal exchanges (go to find convection in pebbles or sand ...) and does not require complex exchangers

The rest is a bit of intellectual masturbation ... the pebble tunnels that heat the air it works for 2 days (I caricature but not too much) and when they "work" it is because they are used in houses very well designed thermally from the construction ... and in the end it is more a Canadian well than a thermal buffer ...

For the rest, do a search on "thermal buffer": search.php

Stamp for wood:
heating-insulation / isolation buffer-heat-and-stove-a-timber-t1973.html
heating-insulation / wood-energy-calculation-volume-of-a-balloon-buffer-thermal-t4267.html

Solar house in Friborg:
https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... allemagne/
Solar-thermal / a-house-a-solar-thermal buffer-almost-self-t5233.html

Installation of Tigger in Moselle:
Solar-thermal / solar-installation-the-wood-of-Tigger-with-buffer-thermal t5200.html

In the Ardennes:
Solar-thermal / photo-house-solar-panels-a-high-power-t5283.html
Solar-thermal / thermal-solar-buffer-optimization-and-repair-t4517.html

...etc., etc...

Read also the important subject on the energy storage by vegetable oil
Last edited by Christophe the 23 / 11 / 11, 13: 59, 3 edited once.
0 x
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: A solar home to almost autonomous thermal buffer

by jc-tergal » 22/04/08, 21:35

Christophe wrote:ps: the "tank" costs how much by itself (installed) according to you?

in France or in another country? Because in France it will cost 2000 € HT and 2350000 € TTC : Cheesy:

cool in all cases this house and the price is not too bad and more !! even if it's still a sum
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/04/08, 21:40

Ben c the price (HT) of a new traditional house with oil boiler ... in France ...

For your joke HT / TTC I did not understand ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 23/04/08, 00:03

Interresting

But a water tank requires maintenance and the day it pierces ...

I would rather choose a concrete mass of several m3 with embedded tubes, for example in crawl space + reinforced insulation

example, for a ground floor house + floor of 75m² on the ground
a volume of 50m3 concrete only represents a well-insulated "slab" 60cm thick, with the additional possibility of storing at high T °

I'd rather go for 5x4 m² x2m high so there are fewer losses. it's calculated.

obviously, the specific heat of concrete is 880 J / kg.K, ie 1.9 KJ / liter.K ie 2 times less in volume than water (4.18 KJ / kg.K)

how much does the concrete m3 cost? Oh that's about 100 € the M3 spinning top or 25 € if we do it either ...
Well let's say I'm lazy, 50 m3 it is 5000 € delivered cast, surely cheaper than the tank 28m3 !! you can even push 100m3 for a price and allow yourself exceptional autonomy

in relation to the sensor surface, of course
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 23/04/08, 00:53

Christophe wrote:Ben c the price (HT) of a new traditional house with oil boiler ... in France ...

For your joke HT / TTC I did not understand ...

a gag of unknowns on the garages ..
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

solar house

by tigrou_838 » 23/04/08, 09:45

Hello everyone,
it is the reserve of water, and many solar calories, well centered in the house for the losses and the delay of the diffuse heat,
it is more or less the ideal solar house.

not easy for adapted to our small shit construction houses (materials, insulation, etc ...) in France.

ps: : Cheesy: it misses the photo of the big 4x4 in front of the door. : Cheesy:

tigrou
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 23/04/08, 10:26

Just to make a solar simulation for an accommodation of 150m² near Paris, footprint 10x7.5m, heating by radiant panels, U of 0.2 walls W / m²K, U of 1.2 glazing W / m²K

70m² of 30m3 sensors and storage of water or concrete 60m3

This is a selection software for the ECS that I adapted to heating according to the DJU

version 1
70 tilting planar sensors ° South orientation
Result: 76% solar coverage

version 2
70 inclination vacuum sensors ° South orientation
Result: 100% solar coverage

note that the solar coverage drops to 96% with 10m3 storage

This is energy solar cover
you have to watch month by month and find that it is impossible to cover 100% of needs between December and January

The interest of vacuum sensors makes sense for heating in winter

There is also a way to improve these results with:
- the use of a Canadian well at 5m depth, T ° stable between 13 ° C and 16 ° C
- the use of direct sunlight for better storage
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 23/04/08, 10:57

Capt_Maloche wrote:I would rather choose a concrete mass of several m3 with embedded tubes, for example in crawl space + reinforced insulation

I would have thought more of a hybrid system: a buried and insulated "swimming pool", not necessarily located under the house, filled with pebbles and heat transfer fluid. All supplied by exchangers at the inlet and outlet. This solution would have the advantage of providing only a "small" amount of fluid (water, glycols, oil, etc.) relative to the volume of the tank, and above all would promote temperature movements inside the tank. , without having to make more or less optimized snails in a concrete mass to have a homogeneous temperature throughout the block ...

Capt_Maloche wrote:
obviously, the specific heat of concrete is 880 J / kg.K, ie 1.9 KJ / liter.K ie 2 times less in volume than water (4.18 KJ / kg.K)

Can you translate in understandable terms? Do you mean that the temperature storage capacity of concrete would be half that of water ???
0 x
http://wunic.fr

This is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound,
Some have the brilliant air before the air con ....:D :D :D
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 23/04/08, 11:01

louphil wrote:Can you translate in understandable terms? Do you mean that the temperature storage capacity of concrete would be half that of water ???

yes, water is one of the best known coolant
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/04/08, 11:04

Pretty Captain Calculations!

For Louphil, yes, for a given volume and a given temperature variation, water stores or de-allocates 2 times more thermal energy than concrete. : Idea:
0 x