Performance and efficiency of a solar thermal system

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

Performance and efficiency of a solar thermal system

by Christophe » 18/11/07, 19:35

In view of the various questions, here are 3 synthetic images drawn from the Techniques of the Engineer concerning the performance of a solar installation.

Energy needs and solar field:

Efficiency of a solar panel according to the temperature and according to the type of panel: plan, glazed plane, selective plan, under vacuum:

Annual solar energy according to the volume of the solar flask:

Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 11 / 07, 22: 44, 1 edited once.
0 x
Luc and Cindy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Luc and Cindy » 18/11/07, 20:45

The thank you box
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree,
contaminated the last river,
caught the last fish,
that man will realize that money is not edible
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 20/11/07, 16:27

If I understand the graph, vacuum sensors perform better than others.

That's what I understood from the beginning. An unknown remains: the life span.

It is true that the elements are easily interchangeable (at Bysun among others) but what is the resistance to overheating of the summer including the connections.

I think we will have answers from our friends from chaleurterre.com and apper-solar who have installed for at least a year.

It also seems quite obvious that the amortization will be faster for a big consumer house of ECS between March and early October.

For the winter period and the heating of the habitat, the computation must be more difficult to make according to the average number of days of sunshine and the surface of sensors installed.

Is not it?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/11/07, 19:17

It is true that the elements are easily interchangeable (at Bysun among others) but what is the resistance to overheating of the summer especially at the connections

This summer, there was a big power outage, to 12h00
And my vacuum sensor, remained without circulation a good hour ....
He climbed to 160 ° C : Shock:
Well, he's still here, without a boo :D but I was very scared, because when I put the bazard on the road, I had famous blows ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 21/11/07, 11:55

lejustemilieu wrote:This summer, there was a big power outage, to 12h00
And my vacuum sensor, remained without circulation a good hour ....
He climbed to 160 ° C : Shock:
Well, he's still here, without a boo :D but I was very scared, because when I put the bazard on the road, I had famous blows ...

What? !!!! at 160 ° C all withstood?

it may well leave traces and start running away later, or it has caused accelerated aging of some more sensitive parts.

What are sensors? what brand ? normal or vacuum?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 21/11/07, 15:59

jean63 wrote:What? !!!! at 160 ° C all withstood?

it may well leave traces and start running away later, or it has caused accelerated aging of some more sensitive parts.

What are sensors? what brand ? normal or vacuum?

This is the strict truth!
In my opinion, the only thing that has to age a little is the little antifreeze that there was in the sensor.
All the rest has held, still at the moment, there is sun, and it turns.; No problem
Finally in the vacuum tubes, there is only copper ... no problem.
I bought the stuff on ebay, it's Polish ...
The mark ?, I have to search in my papers, otherwise, I gave the name twice, in other post.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/07, 18:59

jean63 wrote:If I understand the graph, vacuum sensors perform better than others.

That's what I understood from the beginning. An unknown remains: the life span.

Well no ... it depends on the temperature delta and if you look good, a planar (shitty?) sensor without glazing is more efficient than any other low temperature sensor.

For the lifespan: I bet that there is no vacuum sensor that has exceeded 20 years ... especially Chinese vacuum sensors (which you mention the brand) sold 1/2 the price per m2 of "standard" flat panel collector.

Be reasonable, durability is paid ... and simplicity is the guarantee of longevity ...

I can't wait to hear the performance of the vacuum sensors sold 10 years ago ... if kk1 finds a "witness"?
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 21/11/07, 19:11

Hello,

I quote Christophe:

Well no ... it depends on the temperature delta and if you look good, a flat sensor (shit?) Without glazing is more efficient than any other sensor at low temperature.

I do not understand anymore, for me when there is a glass surface it heats more, and allows to rise higher in temperature.
It must be explained to me!
Goods.
A+
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 21/11/07, 19:30

:? and, do not say bad about my vacuum sensor, he is very brave.
PS there are two systems
1) the sensor that stays under water, and the one that empties when the delta T is insufficient.
Mine, stays under water permanently
0 x
david adv
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by david adv » 22/11/07, 00:27

Well, I do not understand the graphs 2 and 3!

The 2e on the perf panels according to t °: the tt / w, it does not speak much!
if qq can give examples of typical situations:
-summer
-winter-free
-time covered sweet

3é: it does not miss a data? it is per sqm of panelon sees that the optimal is between 200 and 300l but for how many m² of panels ???
0 x
David
to no longer move alone with 1 tons of steel!