Is it possible to connect photovoltaic 250w - 24 volts with two batteries 12V40Ah?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
SEIRMIC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Is it possible to connect photovoltaic 250w - 24 volts with two batteries 12V40Ah?

by SEIRMIC » 22/05/18, 11:39

Hello everyone!

In December 2017 I was on this forum and I exposed my problem on my failed 100W solar panel. I got advice thanks to everyone, I changed it.

After buying a new 250Watts solar panel, 24 volts, I want to use it with my two 12v40ah batteries each.
Ps; I'm using a digital controller that supports 24v and 12 v.

Is it advisable to just use my two small batteries? The charge is so fast that before 9h in the morning the batteries are already full and the regulator stops charging by flashing.

Will my two batteries have a long life? view that my connections are all 12 volts and also another sector of 220v. But I am rarely at home during the day, since I only come back in the evenings for use since I live alone.

Thank you for helping me make better use of my 250w - 24 Volts panel on my 12 Volts area.

In advance thank you
0 x
Christophe

Re: Is it possible to connect 250w photovoltaic - 24 volts with two 12V40Ah batteries?

by Christophe » 22/05/18, 11:53

If the regulator protects them in charge (and in discharge) then their lifespan will be "optimal" ...

To maximize the life of a lead battery, it is better to keep it well charged (13,5 14V ideally) that not enough.

What is the cutoff voltage at overload?

What do you want to do with this montage?
1 x
SEIRMIC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Is it possible to connect 250w photovoltaic - 24 volts with two 12V40Ah batteries?

by SEIRMIC » 22/05/18, 12:34

Christophe wrote:If the regulator protects them in charge (and in discharge) then their lifespan will be "optimal" ...

To maximize the life of a lead battery, it is better to keep it well charged (13,5 14V ideally) that not enough.

What is the cutoff voltage at overload?

What do you want to do with this montage?

Hello, Thank you for your answer, it's reassuring! The cut-off voltage at overload is 13,7 or 13,9.

I just want to watch TV on 12 volt or 220v or radio, three twelve-volt lamps and two 12 volts fans. In the long run add a small fridge / freezer on the mount of 220volt

Ps; The day I have no problem if I am at home, but in the evening as soon as the sun starts to disappear I notice a discharge if the TV the decoder and the radio plus the fan are lit, the regulator indicated yesterday the batteries Empty and blinking on the battery side, it's going to 16h45 when I noticed this, I turned it off and suddenly the bacteria went up to 11, see 12volts.

I have to change the batteries (I have already since 8 months already) but the 250w-24volt panels is connected with its drums since late December 2017.

please
0 x