Avis ETAI RTA the scam of e-RTA (Digital Automotive Technical Review)

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Christophe

Avis ETAI RTA the scam of e-RTA (Digital Automotive Technical Review)

by Christophe » 07/05/17, 13:57

A week ago I bought an automotive technical review in digital version (e-RTA or eRTA), I had very good memories of their paper versions, so I did not hesitate for a moment. Price 24.90 € for a digital version ... if it saves garage bills, it's cheap ...

Only here, the result is catastrophic: few explanations, missing illustration, no printable global pdf ... In short nothing usable ...

My complaint email sent within an hour of purchase has not been answered at this time. Yet I asked if it was "normal" ...

It is all the more disappointing that an indication "Satisfied or refunded" is indicated on all the pages of their site ...

A quick search (done a posteriori, of course ...) confirms a fairly generalized scam on the digital versions: http://www.60millions-mag.com/forum/com ... 23232.html

2 screenshots of "nothingness" from my digital version:

eRTA2.png
eRTA2.png (22.79 KB) Consulted 15967 times

eRTA.png
eRTA.png (17.72 KB) Consulted 15967 times

Anyway, I think the RTA is based on a past reputation ... and it's quite shameful ...
0 x
Did67

Re: Notice ETAI RTA the scam of e-RTA (Digital Automotive Technical Review)

by Did67 » 07/05/17, 15:21

Is it RTA ??? Or smart guys who more or less legally take the acronym ???
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/05/17, 15:44

Unfortunately yes...

I went through the site http://www.etai.fr/ which references the site https://www.revue-technique-auto.fr/ at the origin of the sale ...

Once purchased, access to e-RTA is on http://online.revue-technique-auto.fr/

As I said above it is all the more unfortunate that the paper versions were really of good quality ... after nothing says that 100% of the digital versions are bogus ... but many are obviously .. .see the other testimonials on the site of 60 million consumers ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/05/17, 19:04

I indeed used paper versions 30 or 40 years ago ... It was the best! It was technically flawless, but understandable for a non-professional ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/05/17, 19:41

Yes absolutely, hence my purchase of a digital version "with confidence" ... well things have changed ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/05/17, 22:07

Did, you wrote by carelessness the opposite of what you meant:
It was technically flawless, but inunderstandable for a non-professional ...

Indeed, it is better to have a minimum of knowledge on the subject, because these works do not constitute in any case manuals for learning automotive mechanics ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/05/17, 08:14

moreover, the quality has dropped in 30 years: bad photos, lack of explanatory drawings, removal of a mechanical cut, etc ... supposed to address a large public of DIY enthusiasts, they find more explanation on the internet than in this book.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/05/17, 08:26

... these find more explanation on the internet than in this book.

It is true, but the recommendations which one can find on the net are to be taken with a lot of precautions, the competence of the contributors being variable and not very homogeneous (beside advised advices, can occur a completely inadequate way of proceeding * ).

* I saw things that make you shudder! : roll:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/05/17, 09:54

a long time ago the automobile technical review was a good means of training mechanics ... at the time of renault4 or simca1000 we learned a lot there

then the more complicated the cars become, the thicker the rta: it means that there is no longer what is needed

at the time I bought the RTA to choose a car ... it was in the RTA that I saw an original quality of the front axle of the Citroen GS and that it made me want to buy it

now when i read an RTA from any car it drips me

it is a serious ecological problem ... a car of the best possible quality still breaks down sometimes: therefore the most important quality is not to never break down but to have the right documentation to repair it well : if the owner does not have access to the documentation, he is obliged to have the work done by a mechanic of the brand, and this is not even a guarantee of good result: I see around me a lot of people who are massacred their car by garage of the brand of the car: these cars will be scrapped before age after a huge waste of room changed unnecessarily

the main criterion of ecological quality of a car is it a reduction in pollution of a few% not even necessarily true, or the quality of the technical documentation making it possible to maintain it properly and to repair it well for a long service life

it would be necessary to make real ecological policy to require good documentation supplied by the manufacturer ... clearly consider the car supplied without documentation as a scam: including access to the car's computer by the customer!

make politics so that it could be put into law! that whoever buys a used car can demand information from the manufacturer ... because it is frequent that the first owner is not interested in the doc since he buys new cars and sells them before the breakdowns arrive
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/05/17, 15:55

Ahmed wrote:Did, you wrote by carelessness the opposite of what you meant:
It was technically flawless, but inunderstandable for a non-professional ...

Indeed, it is better to have a minimum of knowledge on the subject, because these works do not constitute in any case manuals for learning automotive mechanics ...

For once, we don't agree: although not being a mechanic, the RTAs of 30 or 40 years ago were "understandable" - there were the photos, with little a, b, c which designated the room ... So even when we were not professional, we understood! IN the sense: we knew what to do. Finally, I only "worked" on student cars from the 80s: 2CV, 4L, VW combi ...
0 x