The hydrogen house

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The hydrogen house

by the middle » 18/11/07, 16:59

Oops, it's still complicated:

Authorization required ?????????????? : Evil: what is this story? no way to show? censorship ????
Me not happy
Bisou
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/11/07, 19:28

I renamed the image but frankly you could make an effort to:
1) follow the instructions for downloading images
2) resize the image

# Do not put spaces or special characters (accens for example) in the name of your files, this will create errors in the final link.
# Limit the dimensions of the images, if possible, to 600 pixels wide for inclusion on the forums so as not to interfere with low resolution people's browsing.

You are a regular on this forum, you should know it all the more ... :|
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/11/07, 20:47

it was an email, of which I made a pasted copy
Well ... it's not complete
Thanks anyway
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The hydrogen house

by BaudouinLabrique » 11/02/18, 18:32

Hello everybody

Since 2012, I have succeeded in making our old building (> 50 years old) positive energy (electricity, heating & water) (French-speaking Belgium)

I have the project to equip myself with an electrolyzer / hydrogen fuel cell couple.
Here are the details of the project and the questions (too long to repeat here):
http://www.retrouversonnord.be/projet_Hydrogene.doc

The originality of my project is to recover the residual heat of the couple (especially of the battery) and which corresponds to more than 50% of the losses
and thus be able to relieve the work of the heat pump while greatly reducing its consumption.
In this way, I hope that the 11.500 kWh produced annually (photovoltaic tracker) will be sufficient.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions,

Baudouin
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 11/02/18, 19:41

the product looks interesting (at least the commercial characteristics : Cheesy: )

according to the pages the efficiency goes from 95% to 90% (with heat recovery)
and 97% for heat production alone

6-year return on investment and 25-year lifespan ... to see
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/02/18, 20:31

“Post-oil technologies are available,” the article begins.

Maybe but at what price? Because even in Scotsdalle (Arizona), covering your electricity consumption with PV, electrolysis, hydrogen storage and a fuel cell must be sweet! Particularly to cover winter needs, where even in Scotsdalle the days are shorter and the sun is lower.

There is no doubt that this is technically possible, even if I don't really know of any offer available today for micro-applications.

Edit: I had not yet seen the post by Baudouin Labrique, it seems that solutions are emerging.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/02/18, 20:54

BaudouinLabrique wrote:
Thank you for your comments and suggestions,

In any case the idea of ​​improving the COP of the heat pump by the losses of the fuel cell is interesting.

However, in your Word text, "Regarding electricity, we use the electricity distribution network as a 'battery' to 'store' the surplus, the use of quotes does not change the fact that it is bullshit (a "niche" in more correct terms!).

Have you calculated the storage volume of H2 that would be necessary to be effectively autonomous?
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 11/02/18, 21:08

0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 12/02/18, 11:33

sicetaitsimple wrote:Have you calculated the storage volume of H2 that would be necessary to be effectively autonomous?

I await the precise calculations following the tests of the first machine which will be installed in Belgium soon at Ets Giacomini who will precisely market it then.
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 12/02/18, 11:37

We agree and that I had included in the description.
That is why I count on the recovery of residual heat to reduce the consumption of the geothermal hauler pump and thus compensate for a large part of the 59%.
For the rest, I detailed solutions that will save more than 2000 kWh / year, which corresponds to almost 20%, then allowing the use of a hydrogen car (less than 10.000 km traveled per year ).
0 x