Problem Okofen "smoke vent" boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Axoul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Problem Okofen "smoke vent" boiler

by Axoul » 20/02/18, 17:37

Hello,

I have a problem with my okofen pellematic smart boiler and it constantly fails "smoke wind", I find in the fireplace full of pellets not burned, soot etc.
I soon thought that the ducts were obstructed but I did not find anything, the fan seems to work properly ..
It seems that there is a draw problem (big white smoke smothered).
It started during the first cold weather of this winter and since impossible to make it work so much to tell you that it is urgent: /

Thank you in advance for your answers

Cdt
0 x
Did67

Re: Okofen “smoke vent” boiler problem

by Did67 » 21/02/18, 09:11

I do not remember how the smart came up.

I had this several times already on my condensing Pellematic (the condenser) is at the back. It is simply when the "tubes" of the condenser are clogged with bistre. I clean the tubing. With the condenser on the back, it's easy. I dismantle the "top" and have a kind of brush to clean each tubing (there are about thirty).

There are pressure sensors. If the fan is running but the tubes are clogged, the pressure rises too much and the chauidère, to not choke you in the house (fumes not evacuated), goes into default.

Was it cleaned properly before the season?
2 x
Axoul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Axoul » 21/02/18, 16:02

Hello, thank you for your answer,

How can I find these tubings? What does it look like ?

Sincerely,
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/02/18, 16:07

These are "tubes" bathed in the water from the boiler (cold water returning from the radiators / heated floors), which the combustion gases pass through, before leaving the boiler.

You should find a cleaning manual (usually reserved for professionals).

The Smart is much more "nested" and much less simple than my antique Pellematic! I do not know at all how it is cleaned, how we access these tubes, etc ...
0 x
Axoul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Axoul » 21/02/18, 17:12

So you think it would be interesting to do it and that could be the source of the problem?
It could come from elsewhere?

Pk,
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/02/18, 18:46

It can be the fan itself. One year, I had a tiny bit of brown that got behind the "turbine". It rubbed next to nothing. But as they are extremely economical, low power engines, that was enough.

So there, it had been the cleaning of the fan (very exactly, of the turbine part located in the flow of burned gases).

I imagine you checked the duct and that there are no storks nesting in your duct? [flambé a newspaper page through the bottom sweeping hole and you will be immediately fixed; if it "pulls" it will fly upwards).

Did you clean before the season ??? If not, do not ask too many questions: they are fouled; it is the disadvantage of the condensation that to aggregate the particles and to form bistre (which is an advantage question emissions, because these glued particles do not go in the atmosphere and makes the condensing pellet boilers those which emit the least, the rinsing is not sufficient in the very long term, because there are always places where it accumulates) ...
0 x
Axoul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Axoul » 09/04/18, 14:40

I cleaned all the duct, fan etc
She turned really half a day and then rebolotte ...
Attachments
554DA50B-294E-486E-9C27-E2DEC902FB42.jpeg
0 x
Axoul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Axoul » 09/04/18, 14:42

And here's the result..
I also have the impression that there is too much pellet intake which means that they do not have time to burn properly ...
Otherwise I have no other idea ..
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/04/18, 15:10

Or, because more fragile, a fan problem, so not enough air to burn them ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/04/18, 16:31

no, the problem is different.
if it was too much pellet, you would not have the error message on the fan smokes.
as DID67 said, the problem is a lack of vacuum in the combustion chamber.
it can be full of things.
if you are sure that it is not partially obstructed downstream of the flue gas fan, the problem may be upstream like a lack of air supply.
Do you have a sufficient supply of air in the room where your boiler is?
0 x
Click my signature