Oscillator Curie by Padawan: new solar powered?

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Christophe

Oscillator Curie by Padawan: new solar powered?

by Christophe » 08/09/09, 12:08

This small prototype assembly works on gas, but a solar concentrator could do the trick. The trick is to make the curie T ° of one of the elements of the "motor" exceed, it then becomes "non-magnetic" and is no longer attracted by the motor magnet, but rather see:

https://www.econologie.com/oscillateur-d ... -4136.html

It's very ingenious, by cons, no idea of ​​the possible performance of such a system!
0 x
Padawan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Yield?

by Padawan » 09/09/09, 09:56

hello Econologues warned!

Regarding your question on the oscillator and performance here are some answers:
- The system is maintained mechanical oscillator. Its energy corresponds to the mechanical oscillation energy, which depends on the mass and geometric characteristics of the pendulum. If the oscillation amplitude is maintained constant is that the energy input is used to compensate losses (friction on the shaft ...) that normally would eventually cancel the movement of an unexcited real simple pendulum . We can calculate the energy of the pendulum from the properties of the mechanical oscillator is a first energy that will call Es1 (since it is the output energy of the excited system, which will eventually use downstream of the assembly).
- To maintain the oscillation, it brings energy. In the case of the pendulum to the Curie point, the permanent magnet exerts a constant attraction and the energy supply comes only to cancel the effect at the right time, but for simplicity we will consider it ' Ee1 is an energy input which allows to maintain the oscillation. To calculate the energy input it suffices to know the heat capacity of the material and the temperature difference between room temperature and that of its Curie temperature (warning reason in Kelvin).

To calculate a first yield we can do Es1 / Ee1. Attention, as part of the energy is "supplied" by the permanent magnet, do not panic if we possibly have an efficiency> 1 because that means that we "consume" the energy stored in the magnet during its manufacture (sintered powders subjected to hot to a strong magnetic field produced by a strong current, which should also be included in the calculation of the yield, but this is complicated since it should be taken into account in proportion to the loss of magnetization observed in the magnet, requiring a very long operating time to measure a significant loss of magnetization with good precision), a little as if we had an electromagnet supplied by a battery.
In calculating this yield, ideally it is assumed that the heating energy is provided only when necessary. This is the ideal case would be possible by turning on the heat source at each oscillation (difficult with a torch, but an electric heater can imagine resistance, electronically controlled) so bring the energy input to the duration oscillation by calculating for example the ratio between the average energies in 1 / T full of (energy) / dt, with for example the period of oscillation T and heating energy for example t = T / 10 or something like that, if the heating time is a tenth of the period for example.

Then if we consider continuous heating we will have an intake of greater energy, since it is considered that provides the time (ie during the period T) energy which is enough to heat up only, for example, T / 10, the wire. The wire is heated as obviously when it arrives at the desired point, but from the viewpoint of the heat source, then it is assumed that heats all the time, that the wire is there or not. There is therefore a Ee2 energy.

Now if you consider the efficiency of heating, you have to take into account the energy available for heating and not the energy received by the wire. We have an energy Ee3. The difference comes in particular from all the energy lost, for example by radiation, by the wire.

Finally, if one considers the performance of the heater, take into account the initial energy Ee4 only part of which will be available for heating. This yield is for example the performance of the burner pipe, calculated between the energy of the flame and energy of gas molecules stored in the canister and taking into account the part of the flame that does not heat the wire. In the case of solar heating, the yield from solar energy and energy focused on the wire (difference due to losses in the reflection on the focusing mirror, for example).

- The Ee1 energy can theoretically be calculated from the properties of the material. Ee2 The energy is calculated by reducing the full duration of heating (ie if we have a continuous heating and the heating is used a tenth of the time to bring the materials to the Curie point, Ee2 the energy will be ten times higher energy Ee3

- The Ee3 energy can be measured by using the thermocouple, placed where the wire comes.
- The Ee4 energy can be calculated from the oxidation chemical reactions of gas, the gas flow, the burner performance ...

Finally the output side must take into account the energy recovered by the coil, Es2, which will of course be less than Es1 since the coil recovers a portion of the oscillation energy. The force feedback adds to friction and is offset by the excitement. It can be inferred Es2 the power supplied P = IU, U with the ddp measured tilt and I the corresponding current. As it must be very small it may be possible to use a micro-ammeter.

This is currently a very quick analysis of the problem, this weekend I will see in more detail, I may be more ideas.

NOTE: I had fun to redo the experiments magnetic fields deflected permanent magnets and it works great !! as I told Quartz it was enough to calculate the coils to deflect the magnetic flux of the magnets .... I did a mini crane system with its permanent magnet I can lift up to 1 kg and let go my office I only have to divert flow thanks to the coils and powered by a 4.5V flat battery (cool! no!). A lot of work (mechanical)
provided by the magnets to lift and hold the load
and little energy to "let go". I find this system very interesting and I will propose it for a study to the students .... I know the diverted flows are patented but I wondered! Do you know of lifting systems with this process because I look good on the internet but! nothing found !?
I will do a video with pictures and film of my demo lifting system .....
May the force (econological) be with you!
Padawan
0 x
Back to the future

Back to "econological Laboratory: different experiences for econologic"