clean and inexpensive electricity supplier in France

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Did67

by Did67 » 20/07/11, 11:09

1) Basically, the electron has no color! Let's start from there.

2) All production, green or not, nuclear or not, is sent through the same pipes.

3) So when you buy green electricity, you are actually buying the electricity from a producer who has paid "at least" the amount you bought him from "renewable producers" (himself or others). - eg the production of your photovoltaic roof).

4) Let's transfer this to EdF, which produces roughly 20% of hydraulics and 80% of nuclear.

So nothing prevents EdF from selling up to 20% of its production as "green" without changing anything.

Everything happens as if the electricity delivered to the one who pays more for it because it is green came from the dams, while the one who has a "banal" contract will have 100% nuclear power (in theory).

Before, each had 80% nuclear / 20% renovelable. Now, one has 100% renewable (more expensive) and the other 100% nuclear (at the same price - well, I'm not talking about uagmentations!).

View: http://entreprises.edf.com/offres-edf-e ... 46966.html

NB: in France, Mc Do shows in large that they only use "100% green electricity"

Find the error: there is none. Just a "certain way of putting it".

5) Something else can be purchases from Enercoop, which can only buy renewable energy and therefore "boost" the market if demand increases. I did not verify their situation.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/11, 11:32

Hey did, for your information: how much more do you really pay with a green contract in France? All inclusive price per kWh?
Who are you staying with?

I ask because I prefer to hear a real testimony than a simulation ... "come to our place"
: Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/07/11, 16:09

I'm going to disappoint you: I don't have a "green contract" [see my conviction above: it's paying the same more expensive; it comes down to segmentation of the offer, that's all!]
0 x