DEVELOPMENT / AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
i-diogene
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

DEVELOPMENT / AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH

by i-diogene » 07/07/17, 16:53

electric vehicles

Idea of ​​research and development

ELECTRICAL AUTONOMY

Each of us could observe the oscillations of a car wheel, even on a flat road.

The faster you roll, the more the frequency increases at the expense of amplitude.

I think that if we winded the dampers, we would recover a non - negligible amount of electrical energy on the oscillations of 4 wheels.

In terms of energy and autonomy, small streams make big rivers ..! ^^
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: DEVELOPMENT / AUTOMOTIVE SEARCH

by lilian07 » 07/07/17, 17:10

Hello,
Research has already explored this possibility (less than 10% of energy recovered on the totality of the losses of the transfer between the cardan and the road for a complex subsystem).
Today, the development of the electric automobile focuses on the optimization of the electric motor's batteries and its management of power electronics via the central computer.
The battery is the main node of the problem but it is not only about the car and it is a key element according to the experts of a more global concept of ecology.
1 x
i-diogene
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by i-diogene » 07/07/17, 18:42

Hello, Lilian,

I worked 37 years in subcontracting for the industry and the automotive sector was one of my main clients ..

But I have never heard of any study on a damper - generator of electricity.

Moreover, it is not a question of recovering engine energy (gimbal), but dynamic energy on a mass of a ton, which moves at 60 or 90 km / h.

Energy recovery on the braking is already developed and prolongs the autonomy by recharging the batteries.

I think that the development of a damper-generator would be an additional asset to prolong the autonomy.

Sincerely,
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/07/17, 18:44

1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/07/17, 18:51

1 x
i-diogene
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by i-diogene » 04/08/17, 23:17

Ok, thank you Christophe,

Bin, in the end, if Audi intends to equip its future hybrid models with shock absorbers-alternators, it is that it is not totally negligible.

When it comes to energy, small streams make big rivers.

https://news.autoplus.fr/Audi/Audi-Susp ... 07569.html
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/08/17, 16:03

that's why there should be lots of little streams.
on a car, there are only 4 wheels. do a table corner calculation to see how much energy is recoverable and I think you will move on.
just a track to get an idea of ​​the orders of magnitude: today, the energy is completely dissipated in heat or the dampers have no need for cooling. it is therefore that the energy to be dissipated is very weak. a solar panel on the roof will produce in my opinion (I did not do the math) much better energy for a techno much simpler.
0 x
Click my signature
Lilieth78
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lilieth78 » 20/05/18, 15:27

good information!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/05/18, 20:52

for an ordinary car on a beautiful road the power dissipated in the damper is negligible ... and even when the road is less good it remains low: it is a good point to say that if there is no need for cooling shock absorber is that there is no big power to hope

it's something else for the racing machines that make the dakar ... the damper heat a lot ... and there might be some kw to recover ... but he does not care! they have engines of more than a hundred kW ... and the power in the shock absorber remains negligible compared to what it consumes
0 x
starlyte
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by starlyte » 21/05/18, 21:24

We will, from tomorrow, own a hybrid car, a Toyota Yaris, OCCAZ, and what I have read, Toyota, Ford and another brand or 2 out of our prices, use 2 engines, giving the best results. A gasoline and batteries, charged by the other (or the other started by battery?) Which engage around 50km / h. Anyway, we only have diesels, and one which, slamming and at the last step, will be scrapped, and we recover the premium "scrapping" by buying this Yaris. The other, to pull a trailer, station wagon and not too bad, is good for at least 2 years.
But after the MOT changes I have the impression that electrics and hybrids are going to take the new car market, and now fortunately, used cars too. They are much more expensive than gasoline, but at 4-5 liters / 100kms, it's a good deal, even for us, who do not make long trips very often. We go by mountain roads in the city, so we are the "targeted owners" for this type of vehicle.
Hope, only, that it's true! We have as meme 12 months of garancée! So there is no problem ... : Mrgreen:
0 x

Go back to "Innovations, inventions, patents and ideas for sustainable development"