DIY: making an electric car

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

DIY: making an electric car

by Christophe » 19/12/08, 00:27

A small electric car powered by a washing machine motor (300W approximately). Total cost ... uh 100 € (without the base of the car of course).

I thought it was a joke but apparently is not in a: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=PkkBHQ_ZaHI

Looks like it's enough to go shopping anyway! Autonomy should not be top because with 2 car battery lead ...

He needs help with a three-phase motor it unable to rotate.

Must help and invite here! I'll do what not!
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 08 / 10, 13: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 19/12/08, 06:53

Hello

nothing to say more than GENIAL

as with what little means and also, very little electrical power, a small car can move, not to mention quite a dose of ingenuity.

it might be the keep the gear of origin for more torque at startup.

jeff
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/12/08, 11:05

That this is a DIY way I like! :P
It itches to help this guy, but I do not have the necessary skills. :frown:
Help!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/12/08, 14:22

Image there are people who are gifted!
Bravo, expected result :D
PS video, very good, and thecontent of the story very well.
Continue like this :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/12/08, 17:43

Hello

Beautiful iniative from recycled material available
with a modest budget

For three-phase motor inverters There are many models but they all walk in the same principle entrance is AC but has made the house is rectified DC power can be the DC as it works ,

In this arrangement maximum simplicity must be sought
and if possible get the best performance Batterries if you want a little autonomy, so think of can easily return run of downhill and braking which is not easy to do for a handyman who does not know the intricacies of inverters
I think the small malgrés inconvéneants brooms (which is a duration of life 4000 hours in some cases) so not a major problem facing the simplicity and reversibility motor generator ..
Aussis there are losses in the inverters which are not negligible
I made engines with old dynamo volts 12 a simple modification in the connections of the poles and that becomes quite powerful 1500w series engines rugged construction makes extensive use 48 volts it takes for faires work, it even supports 80 volts DC, there is a pulley at the end with a cooling fan
their speed of rotation and power depends on the voltage that is applied to the motor.

A place for simplicity and equipment for availabilty
I would stay in DC or universal motor low voltage if possible without inverter (which usually works on 12volts and dislikes the heavy demands of direct current to démmarrage it heats up and the protection circuit shuts the FUNCTIONING)

Bravo for mounting it to the type of vehicle for this experience ..

Andre
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 19/12/08, 23:50

Bravo this patenteux.

Unfortunately for controlling an AC three-phased motor there is a minimum cost to spend, nothing easy!

The engine that our friend is trying to use less powerful for tros
the need of the vehicle, you can only see a shift
house in an alley and not a road travel in real conditions.

Note that I do not want to be the spoilsport, but simply put the facts on the right path.

I'm going to find out about what may be feasible in my opinion for experienced handymen in electronics.

Know that I work on motor controls since 1979 on DC and AC forklift industry.

The simplest solution is to buy an engine control three-phase rectifier and bypassed the party and fed directly into a 200 240 10 volts DC with battery volts or 24 20 12 volt battery and install a motor 5 10 from HP and has run a 100 50 hertz instead of to have a rotation of the double and the couple keep low speeds.

For the recovery of braking energy of a power switch and a tri-phased bridge and a speed control DC volt DC 180 changed enough recharged batteries and control the braking with the aid of a potentiometer on brake pedal with lying on race as the Prius.

Cost:
Used engine 100 150 Euros
Three-phase AC motor control has 5 10 200 HP has 500 euros
DC motor control has 100 150 euros
Batteries volts 12 70 24 euros volts 130 euros (nine)

2100 euros for the worst case.

In all cases the costs are quite minimal when excluded time.
Cheaper that a major repair engine.

Sincerely yours dear friend (s) éconologue

:D
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 20/12/08, 05:25

Note that 10 HP engine can easily give 30 Hp over a short time as accelerating on 20 seconds.
: Cheesy:
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 20/12/08, 08:15

Hello

good thinking but the original engine with a cart, diesel, single cylinder, must not give as much power, especially at startup.

secondly, it did not keep the original gear pulley and belt. heard its engine idling, the speed must be between 1000 and 2000 towers ... and when starting the vehicle if the engine reaches 4 or 500 minute round, this is the maximum, since we not even hear the engine.

jeff
0 x
YoBahri
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by YoBahri » 20/12/08, 22:31

Hello everyone,
I introduce myself, YoBahri.
You know the guy who made the cart, it's me. You can find more info on my website: http://yobahri.ifrance.com .
Thank you to Christophe for submitting my video. Now that the presentation is made. I am at your disposal to answer all your questions and thank you in advance for the help you could give me.

FYI: Since the publication of this video, I do a lot of improvement. (See my website)

Yobahri
0 x
Seek to understand is to overcome his ignorance.
also follow my project on my website: http://www.Code-Prototype.com
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/12/08, 10:12

: Arrow: Indeed, I see you've replaced your starter batteries by real electric car batteries, NiCd Saft STM5 6V 100Ah.

It's heavier than your 2 lead batteries, but there at least you willing energy. 8)
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."