Hyperloop the train of the future?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Hyperloop the train of the future?

by sen-no-sen » 12/05/16, 21:15

It's been several decades since the project was in the cards, it was waiting for its implementation by a daring company (led by Elon Musk CEO of Tesla motors et Space X among others):

The future of transportation may have started to take shape in the American desert, with the first public test of a propulsion system supposed to power a futuristic very high-speed train project, "Hyperloop."

In front of the guests sitting in the bleachers, a sled slid along a short lane in the Nevada desert near Las Vegas, before braking and stopping in a bed of sand and a cloud of snow. dust, reported an AFP journalist.
We're a little closer to making Hyperloop Real - Rob Lloyd, CEO of Hyperloop One

Ultimately, the system tested Wednesday, May 11, 2016 by the American startup Hyperloop One is supposed to propel capsules carrying passengers or freight on air cushions in a low pressure tube, allowing them to travel in 30 minutes the some 600 kilometers from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Or the Hyperloop, this famous idea launched three years ago by the American billionaire Elon Musk. “Today we're a little closer to making Hyperloop real,” said startup CEO Rob Lloyd. “We will be carrying freight in 2019, and we believe we will have passengers safely transported by Hyperloop in 2021. ", he said. "We are on sacred ground for us. The team has worked incredibly hard to come up with what we call the preview of our Kitty Hawk," said Shervin Pishevar, co-founder of Hyperloop One. [Kitty Hawk is the small village in North Carolina near where the Wright brothers flew the first plane in 1903].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-IBFwvTRI

The project is not new indeed, it already existed Swiss Metro:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swissmetro
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

Re: Hyperloop the train of the future?

by Christophe » 12/05/16, 22:34

Uh magnetic levitation, air cushion ... It's the same?

Otherwise the Japanese have magnetic levitation trains for years (end 80, beginning 90 I think ...)

A train at 1200 km / h will not be confronted with the friction of the wheels (very weak also on a train ...) ... at this speed: 99% of the power will be necessary against the friction of the air...

Speaking of more than 1200 km / h for a passenger train for in 5 years: Musk is a dreamer in this case (approvals, security ...) ... but as the journalists who do not know that slab to energetic and the technique they sell of dream with ...

Musk also wants to send men on Mars in 2030 ... tomorrow on an industrial scale for a project of this magnitude!

One solution I prefer is the train (magnetic levitation too?) In a vacuum tube ... but the infrastructure will cost a fortune!
Uh ... bigre ... this link is about vacuum tube for the hyperloop: http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2016/05/10 ... 86570.html

Yet I do not really see a tube on the video ... : Shock: definitely just a levitation / propulsion test ..

ps: note the ...

Elon Musk is therefore publishing his white paper in "open source", which means that everyone is free to reuse this concept and build their own Hyperloop.

Cool that ... but I seem to have read that this concept was "invented" by others ...

reps: to read too http://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-servic ... 219337.php
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/16, 22:58

I knew that we had already spoken about it: new-transport / trans-vacuum-la-key-of-transport-long-distance-t9963.html

This subject dates from 2010, Musk works from 2013 according to the wiki page: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop ... so sorry but the authorship of the concept does not come back to him ... so a little easy to "make it public" (when he was already what ...)

What what? Because it is billionaires journalists do not dare to do some research of anteriority?

I have not re-read the subject of 2010, but I bet that the first vacuum transport patents date from 70 or 80 years ... moreover vacuum transport already exists and for a long time in (large) supermarkets or large service stations to transport crates too full of cash ... a mouse could enter the box :D

Now that he is realizing it, something that the others have not succeeded, it's still good ... if he gets there!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/16, 23:11

Christophe wrote:but I bet that the first vacuum transport patents date from the 70 or 80 years ...

Ah well, here it is: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swissmetro

The concept dates from the 1970 years. A company, Swissmetro SA, exists since 1992 to develop the project.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/05/16, 23:12

Christophe wrote:Uh magnetic levitation, air cushion ... It's the same?

Otherwise the Japanese have magnetic levitation trains for years (end 80, beginning 90 I think ...)

A train at 1200 km / h will not be confronted with the friction of the wheels (very weak also on a train ...) ... at this speed: 99% of the power will be necessary against the friction of the air...

Speaking of more than 1200 km / h for a passenger train for in 5 years: Musk is a dreamer in this case (approvals, security ...) ... but as the journalists who do not know that slab to energetic and the technique they sell of dream with ...

No wheels and very little aerodynamic friction.
The train will be equipped with a magnetic levitation system, as on the JR mag lev Japanese and will move in a partial vacuum tunnel.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/05/16, 23:13

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:but I bet that the first vacuum transport patents date from the 70 or 80 years ...

Ah well, here it is: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swissmetro

The concept dates from the 1970 years. A company, Swissmetro SA, exists since 1992 to develop the project.

I mentioned it in the starting point ... : roll: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/16, 23:17

But I had spoken before reading the link : Cheesy:

Bernardd had also spoken about it in the subject of 2010 ... and you have even said that it was in the boxes for decades (which is true) ...

Here are those journalists who know nothing to check me up a little ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/05/16, 23:31

Christophe wrote:But I had spoken before reading the link : Cheesy:

Bernardd had also spoken about it in the subject of 2010 ... and you have even said that it was in the boxes for decades (which is true) ...

Here are those journalists who know nothing to check me up a little ... : Mrgreen:

The advantage of such a device is that it would definitely bury the aircraft on domestic flights ... remains to be seen the ecological cost necessary for the establishment of such a system.
Magnetic levitation is very expensive!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/16, 23:40

Exact and what do the Japanese think? Because they are the only ones (I think) to have a magnetic train that rolls every day in the world ... although I think the Russians have one too ...

In other words: do we have numbers somewhere?

The cost of the vacuum (and its maintenance because there will necessarily be leaks ...) will certainly not be negligible ... AMHA!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/05/16, 23:48

Christophe wrote:Exact and what do the Japanese think? Because they are the only ones (I think) to have a magnetic train that rolls every day in the world ... although I think the Russians have one too ...

In other words: do we have numbers somewhere?

The cost of the vacuum (and its maintenance because there will necessarily be leaks ...) will certainly not be negligible ... AMHA!

Not the only high speed line is currently located in China, it is the Transrapid:
The Shanghai Transrapid (Mandarin: 上海 磁浮 运 运 运 线 线 线 Sh 线 线 线 线 线 线 线 线 线 线 线 线 线,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, litt litt, litt litt) is the world's first commercial maglev line. It connects the new Pudong International Airport with Longyang Road Station on the 2 Line of the Shanghai Metro. The construction of the line began in March 2001, for a commercial commissioning the 1er January 2004.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transrapid_de_Shanghai

In Japan only the LINIMO (skytrain) works for the moment:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linimo
Waiting for the Mag soon ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."