Renewable energy plant approvals in Spain

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Renewable energy plant approvals in Spain

by bernardd » 06/01/10, 19:05

Hello,

Have you seen this article?

Not only are the orders of magnitude interesting, but the discussion that follows is even more ...

Spain approves 9 000 MW renewable energy facilities

I extract from the intervention of Adrien C. (let him be thanked!):
"So to summarize, if we install a power plant 1GW (1 billion Watt), we will produce a year, on average:
- 7000GWh for nuclear, biomass, gas or coal
- between 2500 and 4000 GWh for wind power depending on whether it is terrestrial or offshore
- 1000 / 1200 GWh for photovoltaic
"

This means that by installing 9GW of solar power, direct or indirect, Spain is installing more than the equivalent of a nuclear power plant in energy production.

One may also wonder why countries in the Persian Gulf want to install nuclear power ...
0 x
See you soon !
sensei64
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sensei64 » 06/01/10, 21:32

One may also wonder why countries in the Persian Gulf want to install nuclear power ...

for security purposes ,

to do like the big ones,

for the end of oil if their consumption "explodes":

the problem of water and its desalination (they have greatly contributed) great consumer of energy, even if we have done better (barcelona)

as for spain there are whole fields of photovoltaics
and they have an aggressive commercial policy on the south of France for companies with links to their country
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."