Nearly 4% of adults in the world consume cannabis

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 18/10/09, 11:15

(AFP) - 2 days ago

PARIS - Almost 4% of adults worldwide use cannabis, despite the adverse effects that this drug can have on health, according to an article published in the British medical journal The Lancet dated Saturday.

The authors cite data from the United Nations Organization on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) estimating that in 2006, there were 166 million cannabis users aged 15 to 64, or 3,9% of the world population of this age group.

This product is most used among young people in wealthy countries, with the United States, Australia and New Zealand in mind, but seems to be spreading worldwide.

Australian professors Wayne Hall and Louisa Degenhardt provide an overview of cannabis research.

In terms of a public health problem, by comparison, cannabis use "is probably modest" compared to the burden of alcohol, tobacco use or other illegal drugs.

However, cannabis is not without risks: deterioration of respiratory functions as for tobacco, risk of traffic accident, anxiety attack or psychotic episode in predisposed subjects, dependence ...

About 9% of people who have smoked cannabis become addicted, according to the authors. By comparison, the risk of nicotine dependence is 32%, 23% for heroin, 17% for cocaine and 15% for alcohol and 11% for stimulants.

Most heavy smokers (or long-time smokers) also smoke tobacco, making it difficult to discern its exact part in the occurrence of lung cancer, for example.

As with tobacco, cannabis smoke contains various toxins, sometimes in higher concentrations. Cough and bronchitis are common among regular cannabis smokers. Likewise, smoking tobacco and / or cannabis during pregnancy can help reduce the weight of the unborn child.

The marketing of selected plants with a high content of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in cannabis, raises concerns.

High THC levels may increase anxiety attacks, depression and psychotic symptoms in new users and the risks of addiction if regular smokers cannot measure their dose, the authors note.

Copyright © 2009 AFP. All rights reserved

google news source
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 18/10/09, 11:20

I would like the same kind of report on occasional drinkers and alcoholics

it might be funny

for legitimized alcohol they will say

drank this is my blood

but they forgot the:

don't forget wine or (cannabis) oil

: Evil: : Cheesy: : Evil:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 19/10/09, 22:47

All addicted to shit, pinard, tobacco, neuroleptics, sport, lotto, at work non-addicts are the most boring All were drugged with milk at the start so the milk you killed.
I stopped the shit easily but I can't get rid of the tobacco.
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 19/10/09, 23:00

By the way it's not nice to copy you will be pasted!
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 20/10/09, 10:25

take the test

drink a liter of wine a day for a week

try to stop, ...

and to maximize the test you take a large consumption of cannabis say 25 gr for a week

after the week stops

tell me which is easier to stop, ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/10/09, 10:54

I stopped the cannabis for 20 years ... tobacco for 6 years ... I take a small load of white Alsace and the rotisserie tourraine from time to time ... Let's say that on a good meal I can go up to 6 glasses ... The headache of the night always reminds me to order to avoid consuming more ....

I am surrounded by a few regular cannabis users in their thirties ...

They all present problems of professional integration ... Impossible for them to submit to any constraint whatsoever ... Categorical refusal of rules or laws ... Not easy to make people work like that ...

My beauf, who works in the construction industry, has far fewer problems with his few old ones worn on the bottle ...

Having said that, I proclaim that alcohol is a sacred scourge too ...
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 20/10/09, 11:21

the culture of cannabis smokers it is said and understood that whatever you do or think you have no chance to get out of the basket

alcoholic culture is that you have to do anything and everything as long as the boss pays for another tour

I know more cannabis smokers who are motivated and who give more than what is asked of them

(until the flight of their creation)

that alcoholic motivate

whether it's cannabis or alcohol
the goal is never more than to enslave consumers

make her the bitch of the world and scratch her until that last idea
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 20/10/09, 16:24

the first will be the last
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 20/10/09, 18:53

In toxs I forgot toxs on TV, bulimia, the net, the car ... All drug addicts!
"There are two infinite things in the universe and the stupidity of man, although for the first I am not sure." A. Einstein

take the test

drink a liter of wine a day for a week

try to stop, ...

and to maximize the test you take a large consumption of cannabis say 25 gr for a week

after the week stops

tell me which is easier to stop, ...

They are not the same doses. An addiction to alcohol or cannabis is not in a week.
I persist addiction to cannabis that does not exist, addiction to alcohol or tobacco yes.
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 20/10/09, 18:55

By cons that the cannabis makes it soft or too much, I don't care yes.
0 x